Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strobify - flashing lights | Wheel | Controller| Macro

Platform
    PC

Strobify - flashing lights | Wheel | Controller| Macro

Hello,

I have written an application which allows to bind any game controller wheel, gamepad etc. to a keyboard button (which will be your in game light button).

You can modify delay and number of flashes.
    Since pCARS and some other games does not have such functionality, this is useful when u are trying to inform when u are overtaking slower car or get someone nervous before you

I will add promo video how it works soon.

User video:

Safety car mode:

Strobify_1.9

All you need to do is:
    1. Unzip the file.
    2. Run the .EXE file.
    3. Have fun!

Feel free to comment if you will find any bugs or have any ideas how to make the program better.
    Inform or write post to me if you want to participate in the project.

Kind Regards
    Last edited by RiffMajster; 23-05-2018 at 22:11.
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Aile_Bleue, BuToNz, Fight-Test, GrimeyDog, konji, M4MKey, Raklodder, Tomessi

The concept seems rather interesting, but I'll wait for a video that explains how it works. For example, as you need to map the lights ON/OFF button on your strobe mod, how do you turn ON/OFF lights manually without strobing lights then ?
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte 1080ti Xtreme | 16Go DDR3 17000 // TS-PC Racer with fanatec ClubSports Pedals

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    The concept seems rather interesting, but I'll wait for a video that explains how it works. For example, as you need to map the lights ON/OFF button on your strobe mod, how do you turn ON/OFF lights manually without strobing lights then ?
    i do this with JoyToKey. I have my headlights mapped to 'H' on my keyboard, and i have J2K set up to repeat the button press when I hold down the button on my joystick.

But i will give the OP's tool a test run tonight and see if I like it better.
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Platform
    PC

Currently this is only possible by pressing binded keyboard key.

At this moment I am working on saving last configured:
    -Controller key;
    -Keyboard key;
    -Delay;
    -Repeats;

After this feature if no hard bug will be found I will try to cover this ON/OFF topic.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Turning headlights on/off should be possible with button mapped to headlights.
    If RiffMajster's application (or other macro-based solutions) assure even number of presses despite length of holding down the flash button, then such flashing will work for disabled and enabled lights.

I achieved the same thing when connecting custom wheel to my TX, modifying Arduino's program.

Platform
    PC
    I have released new version 1.2:

-Last entered configuration are saved on program close(Delay, Repeats, Keyboard Button, Controller Button);
    -They will load automatically on next app startup;

Next things I will work on is:

Embed all cfg and libraries into one executable file;
    Possibility to ON/OFF - this might take time to work on;
    Last edited by RiffMajster; 07-05-2018 at 23:32.
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder

Okay, so I tried your 1.2 version RiffMajster, but when the windows opens, I have no choice of controller or anything. Don't really know how it works then :/
    As for JoyToKey, It could be good but you have to maintain the button so you can't a precise amount of repetition every time. A simple macro could do the trick but how to create one for a controller ? ^^
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte 1080ti Xtreme | 16Go DDR3 17000 // TS-PC Racer with fanatec ClubSports Pedals
    The following user likes this Post: AbeWoz

Platform
    PC
    Okay, so I tried your 1.2 version RiffMajster, but when the windows opens, I have no choice of controller or anything. Don't really know how it works then :/
    As for JoyToKey, It could be good but you have to maintain the button so you can't a precise amount of repetition every time. A simple macro could do the trick but how to create one for a controller ? ^^
    Yes I found this bug today,
    Im releasing new version with ON/OFF functionality just give me 5 minutes

Platform
    PC
    OK...

So new version 1.3 released:

Added ON/OFF functionality,
    Added additional logic fixes,
    BugFix - empty configuration start.
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder

Just tried. It "works". I still don't understand how you configure it.

Even setting only 2 repeats, It does 6 times the input, the speed and frequency of them can't seem to be modified so it goes way too fast. It's like it's doing 3 times the input per repeat, which doesn't make much sense

After some tests and tweaking ingame, I find that 8 repeats at 200ms works quite well ! The little delay before it starts strobing lets you turn them ON/OFF and then if you launch the strobing, it will always end on the same state ( headlights OFF/ON ) as it was before strobing. Still quite don't understand how 3 inputs makes it finish how it begans but hey ! It's working ^^ Nice work dude !
    Last edited by M4MKey; 08-05-2018 at 10:04.