Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strobify - flashing lights | Wheel | Controller| Macro

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    Just tried. It "works". I still don't understand how you configure it.

Even setting only 2 repeats, It does 6 times the input, the speed and frequency of them can't seem to be modified so it goes way too fast. It's like it's doing 3 times the input per repeat, which doesn't make much sense

After some tests and tweaking ingame, I find that 8 repeats at 200ms works quite well ! The little delay before it starts strobing lets you turn them ON/OFF and then if you launch the strobing, it will always end on the same state ( headlights OFF/ON ) as it was before strobing. Still quite don't understand how 3 inputs makes it finish how it begans but hey ! It's working ^^ Nice work dude !
    To configure other Controller / Wheel Button:
    1. Press the Wheel key button - it will be disabled, because it is in REASSIGN mode.
    2. Now just press the controller / wheel button which you want to use and voilą!
    3. New Controller / Wheel button will be assigned, the button with be enabled (controller button ID will be updated).

Can you explain what do you mean by
    Still quite don't understand how 3 inputs makes it finish how it begans
    Last edited by RiffMajster; 08-05-2018 at 11:14.

well, I simply tried your program on wordpad to begin with. Mapped my wheel button with "L" of the keyboard. So that's L that will be repeated by your program.
    A single burst of your strobe program creates 3 L. So that's 3 inputs. And I just don't get how the game is still able to finish a strobe like it began if there are 3 inputs being made. I think the refresh is so fast that one is just "forgotten" ?

Easiest way to prove this is to tweak down the delay option. Set it to 50ms and you'll see that nothing happens in the game while in wordpad, it's clearly being "outputed"

Anyway it does work nicely right now. Only thing that could still be improved is the latency of it. Whatever the delay setting is , it only affects the frequency of flashings. It would be nice if the triggering delay for ON/OFF and Flashing could also be changed. Right now, simply turning headlights ON takes at least a second to accomplish. With such delay, you have to maintain the headlight button for a long time before the strobing starts.
    Last edited by M4MKey; 08-05-2018 at 13:08.
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte 1080ti Xtreme | 16Go DDR3 17000 // TS-PC Racer with fanatec ClubSports Pedals

Platform
    PC
    It would be nice if the triggering delay for ON/OFF and Flashing could also be changed.
    So it would be nice to separately change the latency of ON/OFF functionality?

I will try to unify the delay for ON/OFF and flashing in the next version, so you can test it.
    Last edited by RiffMajster; 08-05-2018 at 13:21.

Well, maybe I wasn't clear. Delay at the moment only changes the frequency between two flashes. So that must stay in as it is, maybe just rename the option to frequency
    And then, a delay option that changes the latency before the lights gets turn ON/OFF or goes to flashing could be great
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Gigabyte 1080ti Xtreme | 16Go DDR3 17000 // TS-PC Racer with fanatec ClubSports Pedals

Platform
    PC
    50ms signals are way too short for PC2. From my experience even 70ms might be ignored. Use more than 100ms timings for both button positions: held and released.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

Platform
    PC
    As M4MKey and MaXyM suggested tuning to the ON/OFF and Flashes were applied.
    Release 1.4:

1. Main light service loop tuning.
    2. KeyPress simulator method refactor.

Now the feedback should be way faster!
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder

Way better !!! Brilliant job

EDIT : Last bit of improvement that could be cool is to save the controller selected. At each restart I have to choose again the right one Not that annoying but hey, still a bit of QoL
    Last edited by M4MKey; 08-05-2018 at 17:33.

Platform
    PC
    EDIT : Last bit of improvement that could be cool is to save the controller selected. At each restart I have to choose again the right one Not that annoying but hey, still a bit of QoL
    Thanks!

Release 1.5:

1. Added preset of previously used GameController.
    2. When previously used GameController is NOT connected, then any possible is selected.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: M4MKey, Raklodder

Hmmm... looks like 1.5 has broken something. No controller detected on the list. Nothing appears on the list anymore

EDIT : Can confirm, reverting to 1.4, everything works OK. Good luck mate, you're almost there
    Last edited by M4MKey; 08-05-2018 at 20:39.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    Hmmm... looks like 1.5 has broken something. No controller detected on the list. Nothing appears on the list anymore

EDIT : Can confirm, reverting to 1.4, everything works OK. Good luck mate, you're almost there
    Can you try to remove Strobify folder at %appdata%/roaming?

Release 1.5.1:
    Possible old configuration file error fixed with removal and recreate a new config file with the good structure.

Now you just need to restart App if such problem occurs.
    Last edited by RiffMajster; 08-05-2018 at 21:33.
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder