Thread: Career rain handling problems

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Career rain handling problems

Hi,
    Iím new to the forums and set up this account to try and sort this problem out. Iíve researched this topic but nothing specifically relevant seems to come up.

Iím on Xbox 1, and began the gt4 euro champs in a Ginetta G55. First track red bull. Rain.

I decided to get some practice in private testing and tuned the car in a way that I was happy with.

I started the practice for the race weekend, and Iím suddenly driving on ice:
    The tires wonít warm up, and even after aggressive burnouts, the semi-heated tires donít grip. I can barely keep up with the competition, as I am under steering all over the place.

Iím hoping that somebody has a reason behind this, or hopefully a solution/suggestion. I have heard that the Xbox 1 has some issues with the processor or something in which handling doesnít work when there is a number of cars, but I tried a quick race with 31 other cars (same conditions, same build etc) and everything was fine.

Any advice or replies are much appreciated.
    Cheers

Platform
    XBOX1
    You'll find that this is a problem across the board, not just in the wet. However the problem is certainly exacerbated by wet conditions. The problem is that the Xbox can't handle the tire model when there are a lot of AI cars (>15 or so) on the track with you. Cars feel fine in solo testing or with only a few AI opponents. But when the number of AI cars is increased, you suddenly lose grip and it's very difficult if not impossible to drive under those conditions.
    "You need a good bra in the Karussell." -- Sabine Schmitz
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: HockeyNick30

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I assumed this, but as I said before, the 32 car custom race was completely fine. It’s just in career that the bad handling occurs, so I’m a bit confused. Do you know if there is any solution, or anything I can do to help the problem?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The xb1 big grid issue is usually felt across all game modes. Many are hoping for a fix but this issue remains.

What track car combo at 32 was ok for you?
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZxTennent01xZ View Post
    I assumed this, but as I said before, the 32 car custom race was completely fine. It’s just in career that the bad handling occurs, so I’m a bit confused. Do you know if there is any solution, or anything I can do to help the problem?
    I didn't really notice the issue until I got far enough in my career to get into the more powerful cars, although I do remember the RBR race was very slippery. When I hit the Lambo ST series, that's when things really changed. It could be that with a less powerful car, you don't really notice it much unless there is less grip to begin with.*

No solution as of yet and no word from SMS on the status of the issue. The mods have stated that SMS are aware of the problem. If it can't be fixed then I'm hoping they will reduce the sizes of the grids or give us the ability to do that.

*ETA: Also rain adds to the CPU load so that may cause you to lose grip as if there were more cars on the grid.
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 08-05-2018 at 18:57.
    "You need a good bra in the Karussell." -- Sabine Schmitz
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I don’t think this is just limited to the Xbox , If you look in the general discussion forum you will find a very similar thread which I have been commenting on and in the process of trying to replicate the issue .

I’ve had it occur twice , Once at Daytona in the Audi GT3 racing in the WSCC and then at Silvestone in the Porsche GTE in the GEC . This is on the XBox One X both times going from a dry race and then pitting for wets when the conditions changed. Pressures and temps all ok

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    The xb1 big grid issue is usually felt across all game modes. Many are hoping for a fix but this issue remains.

What track car combo at 32 was ok for you?
    I am using pretty much the same as in the career. Gt4 G55 with similar temp, rain, on red bull ring (east I think), and the quick play has more cars than in the career, just for testing it.