Thread: [PS4 & PC] V8 Supercars Series - 13 Rounds - Sign Ups Open - Clean Racing

Platform
    PS4

[PS4 & PC] V8 Supercars Series - 13 Rounds - Sign Ups Open - Clean Racing

We are running 2 V8 Supercars series (Project CARS 2), 1 for PC and 1 for PS4. We have basically set the dates as first week PS4 the next week PC. So there will be a 1 week break between each race, meaning PS4 will be every 2nd week and so will PC. But if you wanted to race both PC and PS4, you would be racing every week. At this point, depending on the driver numbers for both series, 1 mite get the kick. We have 5/7 drivers for PS4 V8 series but 1 for PC. We need 4/5 drivers for the series to go ahead. The dates of the races have been fine tuned to bypass long weekends, queens birthday, fathers day etc. Both series should be fun clean racing if you were to join. We have prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd and 1 prize for 1st place in a Endurance race. At this point the Endurance race will be streamed live, again, depending on the number of drivers we get.

Here is the Tracks List:
    Round 1: Long Beach Street Circuit
    Round 2: Watkins Glen International Short
    Round 3: Autodromo nazionale Monza GP
    Round 4: Ruapuna Park GP
    Round 5: Hockenheim GP
    Round 6: Red Bull Ring GP
    Round 7: Silverstone GP
    Round 8: Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
    Round 9: Zhuhai International Circuit
    Round 10: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps GP
    Round 11: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
    Round 12: 24 hour Le Mans Circuit - Endurance
    Round 13: Bathurst Mount Panorama - Endurance

Sunday Nights:
    All times in (AEST)
    Room Opens: 7:30PM
    Qualifying: 8:30PM

First Race for PS4 will be: Sunday 20/5/2018
    First Race for PC will be: Sunday Nights Coming Soon.

It would be great to see new drivers sign up to race.

To see all dates and more detailed information see links:
    PS4 OP: https://vipracing.com.au/threads/v8-...n-up-now.3434/

PC OP: https://vipracing.com.au/threads/v8-...n-up-now.3435/

You're welcome to sign up in this thread, and we can just add you to the OP's to save you the hassle of joining the site.
    Cheers and thanks for reading
    Last edited by VIPR_SOA; 11-05-2018 at 03:27. Reason: updated PC series as coming soon
    Win Prizes - Sim Racing Forum - VIPR

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hey mate. I'll throw my hat into the ring for the PC format.

Not terribly fast... but do enjoy v8sc racing. Can't guarantee I can make all the races but I'll try.

What race lengths you looking at?
    The following user likes this Post: VIPR_SOA

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Glasnost View Post
    Hey mate. I'll throw my hat into the ring for the PC format.

Not terribly fast... but do enjoy v8sc racing. Can't guarantee I can make all the races but I'll try.

What race lengths you looking at?
    Awesome man thanks. If there is 2 races in the same night, it would be around 20 minutes per race plus qualifying. If there is just 1 race that round, it would be 45 minutes to 50 minutes plus qualifying. Qualifying for bigger tracks would be 15 minutes, small tracks 10 minutes.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPR_SOA View Post
    Awesome man thanks. If there is 2 races in the same night, it would be around 20 minutes per race plus qualifying. If there is just 1 race that round, it would be 45 minutes to 50 minutes plus qualifying. Qualifying for bigger tracks would be 15 minutes, small tracks 10 minutes.
    Sounds good.
    So looking at some tracks running to races for that round?
    I actually organised a V8SC series with my league. 4 rounds with each round made up of a 2Omin race and a 40min reverse grid race. Was heaps of fun.

Platform
    PS4
    Sounds good.
    So looking at some tracks running to races for that round?
    I actually organised a V8SC series with my league. 4 rounds with each round made up of a 2Omin race and a 40min reverse grid race. Was heaps of fun.
    That sounds awesome man, what game was that on? We use do to stuff like that on GT6, but someone else was running it.
    Also i have just marked PC series as coming soon as theres not enough interest at this stage. 7 for PS4 though which is ok. Thanks.

Platform
    PS4
    OP Updated.
    There now will be 13 Rounds in PS4 series.
    PC Series is marked as coming soon.
    PS4 has now 7 Sign Ups, please check the new dates. Maybe you may decide to give this series a crack after all Even if its a few races
    Thanks.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    That sounds awesome man, what game was that on? We use do to stuff like that on GT6, but someone else was running it.
    Also i have just marked PC series as coming soon as theres not enough interest at this stage. 7 for PS4 though which is ok. Thanks.
    Project cars 2 and on PC I advertised on this forum and a few other places.. but yeah people don't like to race v8sc... they are quite difficult to drive.. so it's hard to get a full grid.

Platform
    PS4
    Project cars 2 and on PC I advertised on this forum and a few other places.. but yeah people don't like to race v8sc... they are quite difficult to drive.. so it's hard to get a full grid.
    Did you guys manually do the reverse grid? I can't find the option lol. Yes it is hard to get drivers mate for sure. Have you got a site for your league? Cheers.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Did you guys manually do the reverse grid? I can't find the option lol. Yes it is hard to get drivers mate for sure. Have you got a site for your league? Cheers.
    Yeah manual reverse grid. After our 20min race we just screen shot the results, then changed the lobby to a 40min race with random grid positions and spent the first lap sorting ourselves out.
    Ran a 20min practice followed by a one-lap qualifying format. Then the 20min sprint then the 40min main race.
    The sprint race and main race were scored separately and were two different championships. At the end of both races your average finishing position was calculated and points awarded which formed a third championship.

I run with CanAm VRL www.canamvrl.com
    The v8 stuff is done atm. it was really mess around series between the main (offical) IMSA based endurance series.
    I'll probably run it again in 4-5 months.. but we usually have a few one-off or special events going on.
    We actually have an Indy car event coming up.

Platform
    PS4
    That all sounds awesome Glasnost, that would be a lot of fun for sure. Very nice site btw. Its hard when other series are running at the same time for sure mate.

On another not, PS4 V8 Supercars Round 1 starts tonight, Drivers Briefing: https://vipracing.com.au/resources/r...efing-2018.53/
    Its never to late to join boys