Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened (Zero to Hero achievement)?

Kart Driver 2010 Synergy Camaro's Avatar
    Platform
    PC

What happened (Zero to Hero achievement)?

I completed the open wheel tiers 6 thru 1 and did not unlock Zero to Hero and did not get credit for a Tier 1 win.

No Zero to heroClick image for larger version. 

Name:	A.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	254130

.. No Tier 1 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	254131
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C.jpg  

MOBO: MSI B250 PC Mate CPU: i5 7500 Memory: DDR4-2400 2X8GB
    GPU: NVDIA GeForce GTX 1060 OS: Windows 10 Creator Ver 1709 Display: 1080P. Wheel: Logitech G29 with Wheelstand Pro V2.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    mine unlocked but i varied my disciplines but i also finished on indy car racing like you did.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Is it because there is no tier 6 for the career you did? It starts at 5.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    Is it because there is no tier 6 for the career you did? It starts at 5.
    That's not it, I know you can skip around all you want. Mine was all over the place.
    Xbox One X - Thrustmaster TX and T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer Randomizer (thread) - ProjectCALC

Platform
    PC
    Did you have to re-do any of the championships because you didn't come first?
    i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | RAM 32GB @ 3000mhz | MSI GTX 1080ti | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP V3 | Oculus Rift

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I noticed this same thing the other day. I finished the Touring Car Masters for my tier 1 and it shows the same as you for "Zero to Hero". I think it might show my tier 1 win on the "Twice at the top" one though, but I'll have to check when I get home.

Did you finish the tier 1 on the first try? I was trying to complete tier 1 without changing my AI from 100/100. The first time around I failed and then I ran it again and won it.

I also thought it might have been because I had now started another tier 1 on the Indy cars. I didn't check this screen until after I started that.

Kart Driver 2010 Synergy Camaro's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    It took two seasons each for Formula X and Indy Car for me to win. The Indy car seasons were wreck fests on ovals both times. Not only do you need to dodge multi car wrecks at over 200 mph but you have to dodge suspensions parts & tires all around the ovals for the rest of the race. Quite challenging to say the least. I did not know that you must win on the first try throughout the tiers to unlock the achievement. That will never happen for me.
    MOBO: MSI B250 PC Mate CPU: i5 7500 Memory: DDR4-2400 2X8GB
    GPU: NVDIA GeForce GTX 1060 OS: Windows 10 Creator Ver 1709 Display: 1080P. Wheel: Logitech G29 with Wheelstand Pro V2.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 Synergy Camaro View Post
    Not only do you need to dodge multi car wrecks at over 200 mph but you have to dodge suspensions parts & tires all around the ovals for the rest of the race.
    I wonder what part of 'simulating' real racing leaving major track debris untouched and on the racing line this is? LOL

PC2's lack of yellow flags and permanent on track debris relegates it to simply one more arcade game. A bit closer to real than some, but honestly, even if you can't figure out how to enable yellows (other games have), how hard would it be to spirit major debris from the track after it comes to a rest? Heck, whole cars on their roofs remain for a whole race...

This is an issue that goes all the way back to the Shift days, where concrete berms could be pushed onto track either deliberately or from shunts, and would remain there for the entire duration.

How many years (decades) does it take to clear up this immersion breaking flaw?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010 Synergy Camaro View Post
    It took two seasons each for Formula X and Indy Car for me to win. The Indy car seasons were wreck fests on ovals both times. Not only do you need to dodge multi car wrecks at over 200 mph but you have to dodge suspensions parts & tires all around the ovals for the rest of the race. Quite challenging to say the least. I did not know that you must win on the first try throughout the tiers to unlock the achievement. That will never happen for me.
    I don't think that you are supposed to have to win on the first try. Just looking for something we might have had in common since we both had this issue.

I'm in the middle of my indy car season now so I was hoping it will work if I finish that at the top.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    I wonder what part of 'simulating' real racing leaving major track debris untouched and on the racing line this is? LOL

PC2's lack of yellow flags and permanent on track debris relegates it to simply one more arcade game. A bit closer to real than some, but honestly, even if you can't figure out how to enable yellows (other games have), how hard would it be to spirit major debris from the track after it comes to a rest? Heck, whole cars on their roofs remain for a whole race...

This is an issue that goes all the way back to the Shift days, where concrete berms could be pushed onto track either deliberately or from shunts, and would remain there for the entire duration.

How many years (decades) does it take to clear up this immersion breaking flaw?
    Are you sure it doesn't clean up? When I was running the long beach indy car race, the AI drivers kept losing their front and rear wings all over the track. They would be there for a lap or 2 and then disappear. It would be nice if there were yellow flags for the debris in a sector, but I'm pretty sure they do get cleared.

Maybe in certain scenarios/races they stay around and others they are cleared.