Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [NO] Car physics differ between Thrustmaster TX and Logitech G920?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snipeme77 View Post
    Honestly this doesn't surprise me, SMS has had to rework the FFB and Tire model half a dozen time on standard Xbox trying to get this to work, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a slight code difference between wheels...

I do recall Ian Bell talking about changing the Controller input Filtering at one point, mainly to help oval racers, I wonder if the thustmaster was negatively effected by this change? Isn't it more precise then the Logitech?
    There are code differences between wheels for sure, but not in the physics code as there is nothing in the physics code related to the wheel that is used in the first place. Any perceived car behavior differences between wheels can only be induced through the interaction of FFB with the player.

And controller filtering is not applied to wheels, only to controllers.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think the differences between wheels is about design philosophy, specifications, materials, manufacturing tolerances and quality control of the wheels themselves, a software developer would frankly, be going out of business very soon if they where fronting development costs coding for every wheel and wheel variant in the marketplace.. It makes no economic sense...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Robhd View Post
    I think the differences between wheels is about design philosophy, specifications, materials, manufacturing tolerances and quality control of the wheels themselves, a software developer would frankly, be going out of business very soon if they where fronting development costs coding for every wheel and wheel variant in the marketplace.. It makes no economic sense...
    Well, FFB needs to be optimized for each (major) wheel on the market for sure. But coding a physics model dependency on the wheel type does not make sense and indeed isn't there in pC2.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Well, FFB needs to be optimized for each (major) wheel on the market for sure. But coding a physics model dependency on the wheel type does not make sense and indeed isn't there in pC2.
    Hi Sankyo, was it that the FFB was 'optimised' or was it tested and then the default settings for a wheel based on the results of the testing within the defined parameters set for feedback... If that makes sense? Just wondering...
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Robhd View Post
    Hi Sankyo, was it that the FFB was 'optimised' or was it tested and then the default settings for a wheel based on the results of the testing within the defined parameters set for feedback... If that makes sense? Just wondering...
    I don't know what goes on behind the exposed FFB parameters depending on what wheel is used, there could be different low-level settings to bring out the best FFB on each wheel, or just different defaults per wheel.
    Personally I think it's the latter, but not sure.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thought I would leave a short note here if anyone stumbles on this thread.

Today I installed the brake mod below from BBJ SimRacing on my Thrustmaster T3PA (non pro) pedals. I desperately hoped it would improve my braking somewhat. Honestly, it is soooo good!

It took me two laps to get back close to my old lap times. But, no I'm not automagically faster, but I'm so much more in control of the car. No more spinning the car in corners due to braking too hard (*cough* well almost *cough*). I have not done any extensive testing so I recon it can only get better. But I probably already know where I want the mod. It just about touches the back of the brake pedal so not much travel to speak of. I tried leaving a space of around 0.5 mm to 1 cm but I lost some of the control that way, so not for me. Better that a really good set of pedals? Most likely not. But the improvement is major. For me at least.

https://youtu.be/EelfV863YwI

I also updated my firmware on my Thrustmaster TX wheel to version 53. And once again, awesome! Smooth, great feel overall, even when trying many different setting. Perfect? Perhaps not. But for me quite an approvement and also fully recommend for those still thinking about it. So two great upgrade in one day. And patch 6.0 just released as well.

Well one of my best days racing, in a long time!

So, right now most of my issues mentioned in this thread is gone. Yes it may still be scary on some curbs, but that is probably realistic, and mostly my own mistakes.
    Last edited by Trudd; 07-06-2018 at 19:49.
    Thrustmaster TX 599XX Evo 30 [Firmware V53] + T3PA Pedals (brake and throttle mods) || FOV (5): 80 (correct ~40) [130cm to 42" screen] | World Movement (20): 80
    Patch 6.0 FFB -> Flavour: Raw | Gain (20): 60 | Volume (5): 50 | Tone (10): 60 | FX (10): 20 || Steering Sens (5): 60 | Throttle Sens (5): 5 | Brake Sens (5): 50 | Speed Sens: 0
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Maskmagog, RobPhoboS

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    In my delirium right now I also ordered a new spring for the throttle as well. May not the cheapest place to order for me, but right now I don't car. If this improved the throttle even a bit as much as my brake improved I would be in heaven.

https://www.mardomedia.com/gaspedaal...o-pedalen.html

I will get back to you in this thread if it was a good decision or not.
    Thrustmaster TX 599XX Evo 30 [Firmware V53] + T3PA Pedals (brake and throttle mods) || FOV (5): 80 (correct ~40) [130cm to 42" screen] | World Movement (20): 80
    Patch 6.0 FFB -> Flavour: Raw | Gain (20): 60 | Volume (5): 50 | Tone (10): 60 | FX (10): 20 || Steering Sens (5): 60 | Throttle Sens (5): 5 | Brake Sens (5): 50 | Speed Sens: 0

Platform
    PC
    The itch is starting...wait till you try out/buy higher end brake kits.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US
    The following user likes this Post: chastewand

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That's probably too late, but maybe it's worth mentioning it anyway. I checked your videos, and in the TX one, the brake pedal input that the game receives (shown by the red bar at the left of the speedo) goes at max to 60%, like you are pressing the brake only upto 60%. On the other hand, in the G920 video, the bar goes up to 100% as expected. So there does exists (-ed?) a pedal calibration problem there definitely.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thanks for the input cpcdem! Not a calibration problem though, but rather deliberately. I lowered the brake sensitivity to between 0-20 just to be able to drive the car reasonable consistent around the track and not spin out in every other corner. I didn't need to lower the brake sensitivity much on the Logitech pedals. Maybe I'm simply bad and handling pedal input and others can use them properly? But either way, with the new brake mod I no longer have the problem and the Thrustmaster pedals work (nearly) as well as the Logitech ones. At least for me. Well worth the money spent.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem