Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [NO] Car physics differ between Thrustmaster TX and Logitech G920?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I didn't realise there was a new firmware.
    I can't really see what it does for our TX wheel base though ?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Well according the the release notes it's just the below just has been changed. So shouldn't make a difference. But it did for me going from v50. I tried v51 when that arrived, and it was very bad. Never tried v52. Maybe placebo, but I'm happy either way. Now if I could just learn how to take the first corner at Fuji with the Radical SR-8 without spinning out and everything would be peachy.

- Changes made in this new firmware:

* Added PC compatibility of the TSS Handbrake (in sequential mode) when it is connected to the DIN port of the TS-PC Racer and TX bases.
    Thrustmaster TX 599XX Evo 30 [Firmware V53] + T3PA Pedals (brake and throttle mods) || FOV (5): 80 (correct ~40) [130cm to 42" screen] | World Movement (20): 80
    Patch 6.0 FFB -> Flavour: Raw | Gain (20): 60 | Volume (5): 50 | Tone (10): 60 | FX (10): 20 || Steering Sens (5): 60 | Throttle Sens (5): 5 | Brake Sens (5): 50 | Speed Sens: 0
    The following user likes this Post: RobPhoboS

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    After some work I managed to change the throttle spring to the new heavier one. My thoughts? Well the original spring was way to soft. That made it hard to feel the difference of pressing the pedal or not at all, and of course everything in between. However, the new spring is maybe a bit too hard for my taste. It makes it somewhat hard to keep the throttle stable unless it's full throttle. Make no mistake, it's still an improvement form the original, but a spring somewhere in between the two would be my optimal choice I think (maybe closer to the stiffer spring). Although I'm starting to get used to the stiffer spring now, so maybe it's a temporary problem.

Also I went back and forth between the different brake mods. To be honest they all work great, but in the end I'm just so smooth on the brake using the softest (30 shore A) that it almost feels like I'm cheating. From my understanding 30 Shore A corresponds to around 25kg brake force? Not much comparing to even Fanatec at 50kg brake force, but enough for me to be precise. For me this is more important than that the weight of the break pedal is "realistic".

In short the brake mod is a must buy in my book. Regarding the throttle mod I would find a slightly softer spring than the one I linked to earlier in the thread. That would then be a great addition. Anyway I hope this can be of help to anyone thinking about modifying their T3PA pedals.
    Last edited by Trudd; 18-06-2018 at 14:12. Reason: spelling
    Thrustmaster TX 599XX Evo 30 [Firmware V53] + T3PA Pedals (brake and throttle mods) || FOV (5): 80 (correct ~40) [130cm to 42" screen] | World Movement (20): 80
    Patch 6.0 FFB -> Flavour: Raw | Gain (20): 60 | Volume (5): 50 | Tone (10): 60 | FX (10): 20 || Steering Sens (5): 60 | Throttle Sens (5): 5 | Brake Sens (5): 50 | Speed Sens: 0
    The following 2 users likes this Post: RobPhoboS, Twang