Thread: Online race screwed up, yesterday and today.

Platform
    PC

Online race screwed up, yesterday and today.

Hi SMS.

I was trying multiple times today and yesterday to join an online race.

- start game in VR
    - browse online games
    - Nurburgring race
    - choose car GT3, GT4, TC (pick one)
    - game loads, after this I see a distorted image of the circuit lay out from above or from the garage and game crashes.

This has happened multiple times.

Tried checking the game files in Steam ?

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    PC
    Was it only a specific session you had trouble with?

Yesterday I did a few laps in a Nurburgring session (a long practice) and first time trying to join, my game crashed, second time was fine.
    When I did get in, I noticed that there was about 5 characters (no cars) floating above the track by one of the overhead boards.

As is always the case with sessions like this, lots of people join/leave so I thought the session itself has probably become full of 'garbage' over time, which the game seems to suffer from (esp issues relating to host migration).
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: ELAhrairah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post
    Was it only a specific session you had trouble with?

Yesterday I did a few laps in a Nurburgring session (a long practice) and first time trying to join, my game crashed, second time was fine.
    When I did get in, I noticed that there was about 5 characters (no cars) floating above the track by one of the overhead boards.

As is always the case with sessions like this, lots of people join/leave so I thought the session itself has probably become full of 'garbage' over time, which the game seems to suffer from (esp issues relating to host migration).
    Yes i checked game files steam, game filrs were ok.
    Yes, it was exact session. That was probably one of my cars floathing there lol.
    So as soon as a lot of people join online session the game crashes. Did not know that.

Platform
    PC

Another screwed online race, 2nd this week.

Was racing my own created race session:

Car: formula renault 3.5
    Practice: 45min
    Quali: 25min
    Race: 13L
    17 cars online

I did quali as 1st.
    Driving my arse off, lead 10 sec+
    Suddenly I get: you are removed from this session.

Why?

My internet connection is good. I live in the Netherlands with one of the highest and most reliable broadband network capacity. The game files are fine.
    This is not the 1st time it happened.
    It happens whenever and however it wants.

It really sucks because I was pretty serious about getting my score a bit higher but in this state my opinion about Pcars2 online cannot be described in decent human language.

Is it possible that others teamed up and kicked me out per kick vote!?
    That is the only possibly explanation I can conjur. I was racing NOBODY. All alone in the lead.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    Yes i checked game files steam, game filrs were ok.
    Yes, it was exact session. That was probably one of my cars floathing there lol.
    So as soon as a lot of people join online session the game crashes. Did not know that.
    probably.

I wouldn't say it as fact, that the game crashes... but we all know when host's change, the migration to a new host can come with some side effects.
    In a lobby setup for 20 hours practice, a lot of people are going to join and leave, many host migrations are going to occur, so it only stands to reason that it is likely a reason. It should be different on a dedicated server, like the one for Nords that exists, but I think this particular session (the one I was referring to) was P2P and not a DS.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe