Thread: Gaining affinity

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Gaining affinity

I have completed all career series races, nearly all the the manufacture and invitationals, yet Ferrari, honda and nissan manufactures drives remain locked and a couple of invitationals remain locked. I can not progress. I dont have enough affinity with Ferrari, honda or nissan to compete in the events. How can i get more ? Do i have to redo some career series races with those brands in order to unlock the affinity for them ?
    Xbox one x, Thrustmaster Tx, Ferrari F1 add on, Ferrari 599XX EVO alacantara add on, T3pa pro pedals, Th8a shifter, Gt omega art cockpit, Samsung 49" Qled tv

Platform
    XBOX1
    Do the invitational events. For Nissan there is a really cool Sugo group 5 race (also an aweful Rouen one, yes I hate Rouen). For Ferrari and honda the primary career might be more enjoyable in Indycar or the "WEC" in tier one or Sportscar in tier 2. (or GT3 tier 2 and 1)

After doing the same invitational event 3 or 4 times you should have enough affinity to unlock the manufacturer.

Whatever you enjoy most, the only downside is you are kind of forcing yourself to use a car.
    Last edited by Ofnir4; 12-05-2018 at 11:14.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.
    The following user likes this Post: Shoemaker

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I have posted this same question on another thread but it seems more "precise" to ask it here. Is the Affinity mechanic bugged? I have just bought the game and got affinity with Nissan after my first weekend. This is completelly nonsensical in my opinion, unless there is a way to slow down progress; and if so please tell me how. Currently playing on standard difficulty (60).

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mebsuta View Post
    I have posted this same question on another thread but it seems more "precise" to ask it here. Is the Affinity mechanic bugged? I have just bought the game and got affinity with Nissan after my first weekend. This is completelly nonsensical in my opinion, unless there is a way to slow down progress; and if so please tell me how. Currently playing on standard difficulty (60).
    How long were the sessions.If you did full free practice,qualifying and race it would make sense as otherwise people who just do short races would never get it so a compromise had to be found.I think it is around 1 1/2 hours to meet the affinity targets.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    I did about one hour practice, not on the track all the time tho. Half an hour qualifying. 14 laps of race. Fastest lap was 1'45''.

If your reply is anything to go by I must express my first disappointment to what has been otherwise a captivating game. The fact that "most people" don't play a simulator game by... you know... simulating stuff as you'd do it for real... and that such a course of action affects those who want to enjoy the big trip by giving them early rewards because their level of dedication is uncommon just makes me sad.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I just re did some some already completed invitationals in those particular manufacturers cars. Didnt take long.
    Xbox one x, Thrustmaster Tx, Ferrari F1 add on, Ferrari 599XX EVO alacantara add on, T3pa pro pedals, Th8a shifter, Gt omega art cockpit, Samsung 49" Qled tv