Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 142

Thread: The "very hard to put a title to" thread

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    293
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

    The "very hard to put a title to" thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    They're too busy to engage...
    So, by inference, when they used to communicate with us all the time, they weren't as busy as they are now? LOL

    The pace of patch release doesn't seem to bear this out. In fact, back when patches were not only more frequent, but patch notes were comprehensive, they used to communicate a lot more.

    Or is the emoji a nod to the fact that you realize the truth of what you replied to? The devs have abandoned the player base, mired in bugs and issues they simply no longer can find an excuse for?

    I hope there's something positive SMS have taken from all this... Don't bite off more than you can chew. The next Project Cars will be more successful if it adds fewer new features, but all of them actually work fully...
    PS4Pro T150. 55" 4K TV. Playseat Challenge.

  2. #2
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    9,527
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    It's actually more the other way around...the player base left SMS and were in some case pretty rude about it.
    And THAT is the fact why communication has dropped.
    No one wants to be on the bad side of the hammer in a "whack-a-mole" game...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

  3. #3
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,022
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    It's actually more the other way around...the player base left SMS and were in some case pretty rude about it.
    And THAT is the fact why communication has dropped.
    No one wants to be on the bad side of the hammer in a "whack-a-mole" game...
    I agree with this. They also warned us many times about the way people were communicating and talking to them and that they would stop being so open if it continued. I would in no way want my team who put all their hard work for years into something to have to deal with the insults of their work from some of the members here. Its doesn't inspire any confidence in their team and why would they want to help or keep doing this when they are treated like that. Obviously there are more good, helpful respectful members than bad ones but so many immature, needless blame and accusations for the loud minority that I'm sure professional adult programmers, coders etc were done with us pretty quick. Throw in the threats to Ian's family and many members who just constantly complain but never provide any evidence or proof is more than frustrating for them because all they want to do is make this product great, or did atleast. We were lucky for a while to have them so active, unlike most every other company yet it was ruined by a few that can't control their emotions. Real shame for us.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer
    The following 10 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Gordon, hkraft300, John Hargreaves, Konan, morpwr, PostBox981, rich1e I, Sankyo, Tank621


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    985
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    I agree with this. They also warned us many times about the way people were communicating and talking to them and that they would stop being so open if it continued. I would in no way want my team who put all their hard work for years into something to have to deal with the insults of their work from some of the members here. Its doesn't inspire any confidence in their team and why would they want to help or keep doing this when they are treated like that.
    Because it is their obligation. They are committed to provide support for product they sold.
    This is not friendship party. This is a relationship between seller and customer.
    Where do you live guys? In EU where SMS is operating, there is a law obligates a producer for providing 2-years warranty. Why are you still ignoring the fact that they have to provide support. They cannot just leave.

    I work in company operating in entertainment sector. The company provides support to our customers. And even if a customer is not kind or even rude, supporting person cannot send him to the hell, drop a call or close support at all because someone feels insulted. It would be childish and unprofessional acting. And obviously with consequences to the company.

    And we have SMS and their product, in fact full of bugs which results in rather expected reactions of customers. If you send email on support email address, you will get redirected to support forum... on which there is no support at all (from the company). I don't mention community support because it is available on many other forums.
    So if it's the real reason of why SMS has stopped communicate with their customers then... ahh well. Actually they even didn't say 'goodbye'.

    So I don't know @Konan is being hypothesizing or he know the actual reason. But keep going doing bad PR to SMS.
    Last edited by MaXyM; 10-05-2018 at 21:46.

  5. #5
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    293
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    It's actually more the other way around...the player base left SMS and were in some case pretty rude about it.
    And THAT is the fact why communication has dropped.
    No one wants to be on the bad side of the hammer in a "whack-a-mole" game...

    So, you are saying that the reason SMS stopped talking to the players still playing is the players that left?

    Really?

    I've been in an industry that PR is an integral part of (musician) all my life, and one thing I can tell you for sure is, you don't abandon the people still listening if some stop. In fact, it's MORE important to keep communicating, lest those still left follow those already gone.
    Last edited by simsimsheree; 10-05-2018 at 21:45.
    PS4Pro T150. 55" 4K TV. Playseat Challenge.
    The following user likes this Post: chastewand


  6. #6
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deep South
    Posts
    1,022
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Because it is their obligation. They are committed to provide support for product they sold.
    This is not friendship party. This is a relationship between seller and customer.
    Where do you live guys? In EU where SMS is operating, there is a law obligates a producer for providing 2-years warranty. Why are you still ignoring the fact that they have to provide support. They cannot just leave.

    I work in company operating in entertainment sector. The company provides support to our customers. And even if a customer is not kind or even rude, supporting person cannot send him to the hell, drop a call or close support at all because someone feels insulted. It would be childish and unprofessional acting. And obviously with consequences to the company.

    And we have SMS and their product, in fact full of bugs which results in rather expected reactions of customers. If you send email on support email address, you will get redirected to support forum... on which there is no support at all (from the company). I don't mention community support because it is available on many other forums.
    So if it's the real reason of why SMS has stopped communicate with their customers then... ahh well. Actually they even didn't say 'goodbye'.

    So I don't know @Konan is being hypothesizing or he know the actual reason. But keep going doing bad PR to SMS.
    Obligation was as far as I got. Come on now. You can return your game and get money back.
    Last edited by Fight-Test; 10-05-2018 at 21:59.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer
    The following user likes this Post: Gordon


  7. #7
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    9,527
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    What i'm saying is the very much open communication diminished because of some people in this community...some of those left...some of those stayed...some of those were removed.
    Fact is still that whenever some SMS staff member shows up it never takes long before the abuse restarts.
    I can't blame anyone of those guys getting reluctant to do so.
    This however has nothing to do with discontinuing support of the game whatsoever.
    And FYI it's posts like "where is SMS?" that will certainly not encourage them to change their minds...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

  8. #8
    GT3 Pilot Haiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,384
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight-Test View Post
    Obligation was as far as I got. Come on now. You can return your game and get money back.
    Hey, man. Saw your message, but your inbox is full, and it's rejecting my reply.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

    Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test


  9. #9
    Moderator Sankyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,009
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Because it is their obligation. They are committed to provide support for product they sold.
    This is not friendship party. This is a relationship between seller and customer.
    Where do you live guys? In EU where SMS is operating, there is a law obligates a producer for providing 2-years warranty. Why are you still ignoring the fact that they have to provide support. They cannot just leave.

    I work in company operating in entertainment sector. The company provides support to our customers. And even if a customer is not kind or even rude, supporting person cannot send him to the hell, drop a call or close support at all because someone feels insulted. It would be childish and unprofessional acting. And obviously with consequences to the company.

    And we have SMS and their product, in fact full of bugs which results in rather expected reactions of customers. If you send email on support email address, you will get redirected to support forum... on which there is no support at all (from the company). I don't mention community support because it is available on many other forums.
    So if it's the real reason of why SMS has stopped communicate with their customers then... ahh well. Actually they even didn't say 'goodbye'.

    So I don't know @Konan is being hypothesizing or he know the actual reason. But keep going doing bad PR to SMS.
    I think you're pushing your own definitions of 'obligation' and 'committed' into the discussion. Furthermore, are you now equaling the interaction you have with your customers with the anonymous rage, filth spouting and threats that SMS had to endure on online forums?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Fight-Test, Konan, Zaskarspants


  10. #10
    WMD Member John Hargreaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,868
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Because it is their obligation. They are committed to provide support for product they sold.
    This is not friendship party. This is a relationship between seller and customer.
    Where do you live guys? In EU where SMS is operating, there is a law obligates a producer for providing 2-years warranty. Why are you still ignoring the fact that they have to provide support. They cannot just leave.

    I work in company operating in entertainment sector. The company provides support to our customers. And even if a customer is not kind or even rude, supporting person cannot send him to the hell, drop a call or close support at all because someone feels insulted. It would be childish and unprofessional acting. And obviously with consequences to the company.

    And we have SMS and their product, in fact full of bugs which results in rather expected reactions of customers. If you send email on support email address, you will get redirected to support forum... on which there is no support at all (from the company). I don't mention community support because it is available on many other forums.
    So if it's the real reason of why SMS has stopped communicate with their customers then... ahh well. Actually they even didn't say 'goodbye'.

    So I don't know @Konan is being hypothesizing or he know the actual reason. But keep going doing bad PR to SMS.
    Just an observation, but maxym, I think your posts are persistant, almost relentless, and if they are intended to help in any way, I don't personally feel they have had any positive or useful benefit. Every thread I read has a contribution from you that in some way seems to try and be as negative as possible. You do seem very motivated to keep contributing in this way though, so could I ask, if you dislike the game and SMS so much, why do you keep on posting? Apologies if I have got this wrong, I may be mistaken, but this is how it looks to me.
    i5-6600K/Zotac GTX 1070 AMP/Win10 64bit/16Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

    WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 8 users likes this Post: CassielLight, Fight-Test, GenBrien, Gordon, Iuse2stroke4cologne, Keena, Konan, Zaskarspants


Similar Threads

  1. GT3 EIR Title Decider
    By PROPERBOri5JAKE in forum Project CARS 2 on XBOX One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13-02-2018, 09:55
  2. Trying hard and still fell very hard to playing
    By TheLastSpicyTuna in forum Project CARS 2 on Playstation 4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-02-2018, 17:46
  3. Flawed yet unmissable title, just like the first
    By TAGS Battfink in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22-09-2017, 12:46
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-05-2015, 18:05
  5. Title Updater
    By XRS Carlos in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 21-05-2015, 15:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •