Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The "very hard to put a title to" thread

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Not referring to any particular post-
    Its such a great shame to turn on my phone and come across a conversation like this. I thought we had put all this behind us as a community on this forum, and in general made it a productive and civilised place to be. Sure there's going to be disagreements, some heated, but the personal attacks seemed to be on the wane.
    By even acknowledging their existence we give these posts their oxygen. If we all as a community completely ignored those things that cause us petsonal offence, it would at least cut in half the stuff on the forum that is not helpful, or which does not convey a productive pointer for a way forward.
    If theres something that gets under your skin, deep breath then fire off a PM to a moderator, linking the post that you feel breaks the forum rules. They can then address the cause of tge distress without the rest of us adding oxygen to the fire.

Saddening to see this kind of fruitless discussion with no clear objective in mind.

Anyway, just a quick thanks to Doug for the work hes been doing with the AI. Im re-running the career with a fixed difficulty of 100 on both as a challenge and benchmark, currently still in ginetta juniors. Pteviously they were super slow off the line but now seem significantly improved. I know he said there were limitations to what could be done, but its pretty good what he has been able to do so please convey my appreciation.

Have a good day all.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, John Hargreaves, Konan, Maskmagog, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    I think you're pushing your own definitions of 'obligation' and 'committed' into the discussion. Furthermore, are you now equaling the interaction you have with your customers with the anonymous rage, filth spouting and threats that SMS had to endure on online forums?
    Our company has similar anonymous communication channels as SMS has. So we are also exposed on potential "anonymous rage". Point is we are doing all (or even more) to not rage customers. We have direct competition. We cannot afford leaving customers without support (incl communication). We cannot take offense.

Also keep in mind that the "rage" (exaggerated word btw) doesn't come without reason. I feel, it's not even about bugs in game itself but about SMS attitude being not able to admit their mistake, claiming that everything is perfect (with small issues which always happen) instead. There was only one situation they officially said "sorry". But this time it wasn't SMS fault but some 3rd party company involved. In other words it was easy to blame someone else. Otherwise no honest, self-critical attitude in communication with customers.
    Yes... even if rage is considered not polite it's still the nature of human being. It's a nature of customers. A company has to take it into account. If you sell product to million+ customers, you have to know that small percentage might go for stronger words if something goes wrong. 1% from a million is 10 000... it's more than number of members on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    if you dislike the game and SMS so much, why do you keep on posting?
    To me this question is inconsistent. If I dislike the game I shouldn't play it. It has nothing to do with posting.
    But if you are following my posts, you should notice I usually not starting a subject. I'm joining discussion when someone is trying to convince others that black is white.
    Last edited by MaXyM; 11-05-2018 at 09:10.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit
    The following 3 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, m00lean, sas5320

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You may have a point, Im not agreeing or disagreeing as I do not have access to statistical data to prove or disprove it.

Your business model suggestions are interesting to some Im sure. Those that do find it so will take note.

Best rgds

Superkart Pilot
    Not the victimization card please....
    Specially with SMS CEO behavior in the forum. In replies and threads closing in no offensive or unreasonable threads.
    You get what you give.

Besides, are they the only ones taking eat for their mistakes and bad decisions? No.
    Is SMS the company taking the most eat of all the game studios?
    No.

So I think that's not the reason.
    Probably they are working in that Fast and Furious game that Ian says it's going to kill Need for Speed in the next 6 years. Lol...

Some movie studio came with $$$ so why bother with PC2?

And if the sales are bad, blame fifa release date.

Look at the last change log and the excuse.
    They gave you a free car to shut up a bit.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by foxymop View Post
    Not the victimization card please....
    Specially with SMS CEO behavior in the forum. In replies and threads closing in no offensive or unreasonable threads.
    You get what you give.

Besides, are they the only ones taking eat for their mistakes and bad decisions? No.
    Is SMS the company taking the most eat of all the game studios?
    No.

So I think that's not the reason.
    Probably they are working in that Fast and Furious game that Ian says it's going to kill Need for Speed in the next 6 years. Lol...

Some movie studio came with $$$ so why bother with PC2?

And if the sales are bad, blame fifa release date.

Look at the last change log and the excuse.
    They gave you a free car to shut up a bit.
    You're implying that SMS are no longer working on the game. This is demonstrably not true - anyone can look here and see that, as of now, the staging build (used for internal testing) was updated yesterday, and the build for the WMD testing group 8 days ago (and from keeping an eye on that page I can tell you that the WMD build gets updated roughly every week or two).

You can call the explanation for the abbreviated release notes an "excuse" all you like, but it seems like no coincidence that patch 5 got approved on the consoles a lot quicker than the previous patches...
    System: Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070 (laptop) 8GB | 250GB M.2 + 960GB SSD + 2TB HDD| Win10 Home 64bit | Xbox 360 Controller | Oculus Rift CV1
    The following 7 users likes this Post: cluck, Fight-Test, GenBrien, Konan, Mad Al, PostBox981, VelvetTorpedo

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Those in Europe might remember the financial crisis of 2008.. where the hell is Keena going with this I hear you ask..? Well you might remember that Ireland created a 'Bad Bank' which bought up a lot of the bad debt that was splashing around as a result of excessive lending. That bank was then allowed to fail.
    I wonder if we could do something similar here- create a 'bad thread' into which the toxic comments could be moved. Then at least like minded folks would be in one place, there would be a location for an outlet, and the freedom of expression (not to be confused with exercising freedom of expression responsibly obviously) could be sustained..

Just a thought
    Last edited by Keena; 11-05-2018 at 09:57.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: chastewand, Fight-Test, John Hargreaves, Maskmagog, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by gregc View Post
    You can call the explanation for the abbreviated release notes an "excuse" all you like, but it seems like no coincidence that patch 5 got approved on the consoles a lot quicker than the previous patches...
    I think the xbox community would have taken longer approval time but more detailed changelog over this.
    The patch brought some good and a lot of bad changes an now we don't know what has changed, good right ?

The game still handles like trash, but now we are blindfolded, is the game suddenly better because we can't the pile of trash in front of our eyes ? I can still smell it.

The patch got here quick, did its things, but after the fact there is nothing holding the dev from giving us the full changelog.
    My body is 40% caustic humor, 40% sarcasm, 20% devoid of any emotion. My gamertag is the same as my username, I'm not that original.

Delusional : holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument |Deluded : deceived by false beliefs.

Platform
    PC
    I'm still logging every day in the development forum. After public launch of PC2, it's in read only mode for members and I can't see anything new, but there're hidden sections with a lot of activity nowdays. I don't have access to that parts of forum, but I can imagine that is used for fixing issues, testing betas and preparing DLCs. As a member, I can see in the stadistics of the forum and who is connected each moment.

There're 148 active users, and I can see everyday 20-25 diferent betatesters and devs connected.

Obviously I don't know what they're doing, but I can imagine they are still working hard. I don't know if it's any consolation for somebody, but only to confirm that there's still a lot of activity in dev's sections...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	connected.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	254253

PS: Sorry guys for spying you, I'm the intruder who rollcall everyday
    Last edited by Asturbo; 11-05-2018 at 13:36.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    ^^^ Looks like Bruno 'The Owl™' has a challenger to his spying crown
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Asturbo, GenBrien, John Hargreaves, Konan, Mad Al, PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    It's actually more the other way around...the player base left SMS and were in some case pretty rude about it.
    And THAT is the fact why communication has dropped.
    No one wants to be on the bad side of the hammer in a "whack-a-mole" game...
    Too bad those of us who quietly read along and try to be well-behaved share in the damage. I miss the guys in blue coming in here and explaining things in great detail. The famous tire pressure post comes to mind.
    Last edited by Zenzic; 11-05-2018 at 11:20.
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - ASRock A320M Pro4 - EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING 6GB - G.Skill 16GB DDR4 - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 550W - Thrustmaster T300 RS - Triple monitors