Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Radical SR8-RX tyres

Radical SR8-RX tyres

So I have not raced this car in real life, but I've raced it in PC1 and PC2 before the patch and it always was this very grippy car, with a slightly happy tail. Now, even on stable setup, it's very dificult to drive. Braking takes a lot and acceleration on turn exit is superbly tricky. Moreso than some other cars in the rain. Could it be the car is using the wrong tyres or that the tyres it's using are not good for this car after the latest patch?

I hope the blue guys can check it out.
    i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 16GB RAM 1600MHz | Corsair GS700 PSU | Windows 10 | T300RS wheel with Logitech G27 pedals and shifter

Platform
    PS4
    What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Had a little blap round Long beach (wet and dry) stable setup and felt no real issues. Had to move the brake balance to the rear to stop the fronts locking. Corner exit was no issue at all, are you sure the right tyres were on the car for the conditions?
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"

I was using slicks. Different track temps, different tracks, always dry. All of them, to a major or minor degree, had the same issues. It was not only me. 8 people playing, different levels, but overall on the high end of skill were having issues.

And by issues I don't mean spinning like crazy, just having to be extremely careful with the driving. Going by videos I've seen, and earlier experiences with the car, my gut feeling is the car should not be so hard to push with. I could be wrong, though.
    i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 16GB RAM 1600MHz | Corsair GS700 PSU | Windows 10 | T300RS wheel with Logitech G27 pedals and shifter

Platform
    PS4
    On slicks.
    On a wet track.
    You reckon that should be easy?
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    On slicks.
    On a wet track.
    You reckon that should be easy?
    he did not say that he testdrives in wet track.
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    My mistake. I read it wrong, in a hurry.
    But without answers to the following questions:

Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    There's little to be offered or analysed.

I think there's only the 1 one dry compound for the radical race cars. Pressures however are important.
    They're not easy to drive anyway, and I think the v8 radical is much harder to drive (much more power) than the smaller SR3.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 13-05-2018 at 12:42.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I drove this car briefly months ago a spun and crashed and spun and moved on. I revisited it today with improved skill and some knowledge of car handling and tuning.

Yes, it is a beast, there is nothing wrong with the tyres, I could keep pace with the AI at 90, just, on default set loose.

This car as a very highly tuned NA engine, a V8 made from two Suzuki motorcycle engines so the torque is poor low down and it likes to rev high. This is mated to a very clunky sequential with no auto blip with, crucially, wide road car like ratios. This car is finely balanced and quick to react so down changes crashing through wide ratios unsettle the car.

The default set up also has a very fast steering ratio of about 10, this makes a twitchy car feel even twitchier and difficult to handle when the down changes unbalance it.

I also found the brakes very sensitive adding to the overall drama.

With all this sorted, much much closer ratios, MAX overrun (important), lower steering ratio ( I used 14) and reduced brake sensitivity the car is much less scary but you do always have to be very careful on the throttle. These changes only gained me a second per lap but I was much less likely to crash. Increased df on short tracks really helps.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Luke Townsend, rocho

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by fresquito View Post
    Moreso than some other cars in the rain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenkrank View Post
    He did have a remark towards rain. To be honest, I originally assumed he was talking about wet/rain driving as well based on that remark. I believe he was suggesting the dry behavior was like driving in the rain (after reading several posts afterwards).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips