Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Radical SR8-RX tyres

Platform
    PC
    I'll test it when I have time (it used to be one of my favourite cars), but that will only happen tomorrow evening the earliest.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I just used blink's setup, didn't check what he has changed from default. Unfortunately in PC2 it's a pain doing that, you need to take screenshots of all setup pages, default and the modified ones and compare visually. In PC1 I think we had a clear visual indication on which setup params were still in default value and which had been modified. But blink you will tell you what he changed.

It's not about kerbs, though, it's the general twichiness, just a slight press of the throttle while turning, most of the time sends the car spinning. There are corners that are supposed to be taken in 2nd gear, but I am finding this almost impossible, spinning out 4 out of 5 times, unless I use no throttle at all till the car is straight, so I needed to use 3rd/4th gear, but of course this is slow.

Could be again a hardware related issue, mine and blink's PCs are not the fastest in the world, might be worth asking other people to test it as well, on more powerful PCs...
    Yeah at least on my PC with the slightest nudge of the steering wheel I can light up the rear tires sending me spinning as well. I am working at reducing the ratio to the 9s to try and reduce the input. The grip/slip issue reminds me of the 5.0 patch GT3s tires but we don't know if the TKDAs got new tires as a group or just the radical or even possibly no change. There have been few successful TT runs since the patch with far more runs being considerably slower but with such an unpopular car it's hard to tell. 80Daze has good run at Zolder from October but since he hasn't run recently we don't know if he would note a change.

Sankyo has a much more powerful PC than either of us so maybe he won't have an issue.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    I'll test it when I have time (it used to be one of my favourite cars), but that will only happen tomorrow evening the earliest.
    Ok thanks, Sankyo. When you do get a chance to run it just try adding some quick wheel input at turning and see if the rear tires light up. Please try Silverstone National since we have 4 patch 5.0 runs stacked up behind a WR patch 4.0 run. Oh I have tried altering the LSD for better curb response but it is dicey and the video shows Mansell being able to punish the curbs, but then again he is a pro and I am not.
    Last edited by blinkngone; 16-05-2018 at 14:07.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Hey Sankyo, just an FYI about what I found at RBR. Note that the tire pressure targets for this car are 24 PSI.
    Here is the Tire pressure used in the WR run.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-16 10-41-39-19.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	254568
    On track.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-16 10-41-57-33.jpg 
Size:	246.5 KB 
ID:	254569
    Default tire pressures.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-16 10-43-05-51.jpg 
Size:	183.5 KB 
ID:	254570

Platform
    PC
    Hey cpcdem, I think I fixed the setup issue that was causing you problems. 2nd place now.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-16 16-09-00-73.jpg 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	254583

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hey cpcdem, I think I fixed the setup issue that was causing you problems. 2nd place now.
    Thanks blink, it was a lot better, I was close to you, but did not fit my style completely. So I started from scratch, from Default Loose, decreased pressures (1.09/1.07 bar) and put rear downforce to max (10) as you had done, put brake bias to the rear (50/50) for better turn in at the first corner, disabled the geared differential and set Preload at 100, Power at 90 and Coast at 20 in the clutch diff for maximum stability under braking, acceleration and transition between the two and the car became nice to drive for me, got the first spot for now. (also closed the radiator of course)

Unfortunately my ghosts do not save anymore in TT, so you cannot use a ghost to go faster than it, but just to let you know, I gained 1 tenth in turns 1/2 and another 1-2 tenths in the last left corner, before the long slow right one. You can't get my setup either, but it's exactly as I described it above.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Thanks blink, it was a lot better, I was close to you, but did not fit my style completely. So I started from scratch, from Default Loose, decreased pressures (1.09/1.07 bar) and put rear downforce to max (10) as you had done, put brake bias to the rear (50/50) for better turn in at the first corner, disabled the geared differential and set Preload at 100, Power at 90 and Coast at 20 in the clutch diff for maximum stability under braking, acceleration and transition between the two and the car became nice to drive for me, got the first spot for now. (also closed the radiator of course)

Unfortunately my ghosts do not save anymore in TT, so you cannot use a ghost to go faster than it, but just to let you know, I gained 1 tenth in turns 1/2 and another 1-2 tenths in the last left corner, before the long slow right one. You can't get my setup either, but it's exactly as I described it above.
    Cool cpcdem! Thanks for keeping after it. I couldn't run my tire pressures as low as TchAk did at RBR on my rear tires, as far as I can tell dimitri82 started the lower pressures based on the time his run was uploaded and the people soon followed so the top 5 runs at RBR all use that 15.81(1.09 Bar) Front and 13.20(0.91 Bar) Rear. Today Distinguished Lee made a run at Zolder but I can't check his setup for tire pressures because his Ghost didn't upload(seems to be going around lately). I checked some of 80Daze' previous runs and he was just using Default pressures prior to 5.0 so something is amiss. At least we can confirm Fresquito's and his group's initial unpleasant surprise when they tried to run with the Default pressures. The pressure reduction seems to work similar to GT3. When Sankyo has time to make his run maybe he will confirm this as well. If Sankyo can confirm this it should possibly go into AsTurbo's thread so Casey can correct his tire pressure guide. I think your run is closer to what I expected a good run to be for this track, mine is still pretty good though because I am from a slower Region.
    80Daze' tire pressures prior to 5.0

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-16 19-24-56-24.jpg 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	254592
    Doh, my current tire pressures.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-16 20-21-01-48.jpg 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	254593
    Last edited by blinkngone; 17-05-2018 at 00:22.

Platform
    PC
    OK so I drove some laps in the SR8 at Silverstone GP, getting used to the car as I've hardly driven it in pC2. My thoughts:
    - high-speed power oversteer if you turn the steering wheel beyond a certain angle
    - serrated kerbs unsettle the car very much when on the throttle
    - back end loses traction easily when cornering over crests (again when turning the steering wheel beyond a certain angle)

I didn't fiddle with the set-up much, basically stable with engine braking at 8 and I think coast diff bias ratio 4.0:1 isn't default. Personally I don't think that the car's rear-end stability has anything to do with the tyres, or at least not only them but more the car's set-up. Furthermore, the car only weighs 680kg, so isn't it somewhat logical for it to be sensitive to kerbs?
    Now my memory may be betraying me, but I think back in pC1 we had cars behaving in a very similar way. Cannot remember whether the SR8 was one of them, though, but it may be that tweaking the tyres was part of the solution. Depends a bit on whether the SR8's slicks are shared by other cars in the game, and if yes whether they show the same behaviour.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, hkraft300

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK so I drove some laps in the SR8 at Silverstone GP, getting used to the car as I've hardly driven it in pC2. My thoughts:
    - high-speed power oversteer if you turn the steering wheel beyond a certain angle
    - back end loses traction easily when cornering over crests (again when turning the steering wheel beyond a certain angle)

I didn't fiddle with the set-up much, basically stable with engine braking at 8 and I think coast diff bias ratio 4.0:1 isn't default. Personally I don't think that the car's rear-end stability has anything to do with the tyres, or at least not only them but more the car's set-up. Furthermore, the car only weighs 680kg, so isn't it somewhat logical for it to be sensitive to kerbs?
    Now my memory may be betraying me, but I think back in pC1 we had cars behaving in a very similar way. Cannot remember whether the SR8 was one of them, though, but it may be that tweaking the tyres was part of the solution. Depends a bit on whether the SR8's slicks are shared by other cars in the game, and if yes whether they show the same behaviour.
    Thanks for testing it! So, no matter if it is the tires or something else, how do you feel about it, does it seem OK to you, or do you think it needs to be changed somehow? In my opinion (without having ever driven anything similar of course!) is that this very big twitchyness is not normal, I don't see how someone can enjoy driving this car when it is handling like that. For myself, in order to be able to drive it competitively, I had to put the diff power angle to 90 (which if I understand the terminology right, means no locking effect at all), which I don't think is realistic, but was the only workaround I could find.

Platform
    PC

Ok, thanks for making the run Sankyo. I drove the car quite a bit in PC1 and apart from it being a lot faster it was also a lot more stable for me. So the steering input oversteer was there for you as well even though your computer is much better than mine or cpcdem's, it is either the changes to the car or tires or a combination of both. I guess you didn't have a chance to try a Default Loose run but your observations are similar to Fresquito's although with Default Loose they would be more exaggerated. Too bad you didn't get a chance to run at National, cpcdem's 0:51.659 is probably within a few tenths of the potential with this car, we also have 5 cars within 0:52.004 +0:00.345 there. I have made changes to the car that have improved the kerbing reaction but I think it is off anyway. I spent most of my time tuning trying to get the car to work at the suggested pressures but with the lower pressures it seems much better. It is pretty much an abandoned car anyway, I doubt Fresquito and his group will give it another chance.