Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Radical SR8-RX tyres

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have the same problem (no grip in the dry) with this car in the "Sports Car Lites" Career Events. But only in the race, not so much in practice and qualifying.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    @_OP: After the terrible mess 5.0 has left on the slicks behaviour, yesterday out of desperation while trying to control oneof the cars I was once able to fly with, the Aston Vulkan on those Pirelly slicks (not GT slicks), I have "found out" (not sure yet you know) that reducing this slicks to its minimum value (1.00 BAR) makes the car drivable again, and even safe and predictable.

However, after that I had a GTE race at spa with tarmac very hot, and before starting the race I knew that with these new hards the car would be a joke in what it comes to behaviour when reducing them pressure the usual couple of clicks to the left. Well.., I started the race with a cold pressure of 1'80 (yeah LeLz for slicks) in order to reach the old suggested by Michellin 2'2 BAR (32 psi), and man..., the car magically could be driven with ease once again, like in old patches. (no assists here)

So many laughs with 5.0 I know.

First try the first advice I give to you in the first paragraph because I think that car is a track day one, right?, so it also uses the Pirelli Slicks track dat compund like the Vulkan. Reduce the cold pressure to 1.00 (you will reach a hot pressure of about 1'38), and please come back and tell me what you experienced. I want to know

Platform
    PS4
    The radical slicks need much lower pressure than GT tires. See here.

GTE tires weren't adjusted the same as GT3 tires for patch 5. They're not the same. Casey Ringley also recommends ~1.8 bar hot for GTE (see above link). Still applicable in patch 5. "Lelz" for sure.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 5 users likes this Post: blinkngone, cluck, cpcdem, rocho, Smoked_Cheddar

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by fresquito View Post
    I was using slicks. Different track temps, different tracks, always dry. All of them, to a major or minor degree, had the same issues. It was not only me. 8 people playing, different levels, but overall on the high end of skill were having issues.

And by issues I don't mean spinning like crazy, just having to be extremely careful with the driving. Going by videos I've seen, and earlier experiences with the car, my gut feeling is the car should not be so hard to push with. I could be wrong, though.
    my bolds.....so correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying that when pushing the car to the higher end of it's limits you have to be careful.... and you think that's wrong? I'm not uber fast but I'm not too shabby and like I posted I had no issues with the car at all it's very stable and controllable.
    Intel Core i5 3570K @3.80ghz - GTX1060 6gb - 8GB ram - Win 7 64bit - 26"LCD tv 1360x768, dx11 - Fanatec CSR wheel, CSR elite pedals FW756 driver 205
    "something, something, something....darkside"

Quote Originally Posted by Leper Messiah View Post
    my bolds.....so correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying that when pushing the car to the higher end of it's limits you have to be careful.... and you think that's wrong? I'm not uber fast but I'm not too shabby and like I posted I had no issues with the car at all it's very stable and controllable.
    No, what I'm saying is people I know that tend to cope first places in league racing have problems controlling this car because it's super delicate which I don't think it should be. Again, I could be wrong.

I posted this in case a blue guy is willing to test the car so maybe he can agree or disagree the car might be in not a good spot at the moment. Hey, maybe pressures are way too high on default setups and need being toned down for better driveability! Maybe there's a bigger problem. maybe the problem is my perception.
    i7 4770k @ 3.5 GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H | 16GB RAM 1600MHz | Corsair GS700 PSU | Windows 10 | T300RS wheel with Logitech G27 pedals and shifter

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by fresquito View Post
    Maybe there's a bigger problem. maybe the problem is my perception.
    heheh you were so missed in the GT slicks behaviour thread : - D

Jokes aside, please first try lowering the pirelli slicks cold pressure to the bare minimum of 1'00 bar (to reach a 1'40 hot pressure or so)and report back. If the radical uses the same slicks as the Vulkan (if it is a track day car then it should use those slicks too), then I made the Vulkan driveable again by doing that, although I agree that default pressures mean so many laughs then, and should be adjusted with devs, or at least a little better and from there make us to investigate and try to find the proper cold pressure by ourselves.

After this, then restart the session but now with an increased cold pressure of 1'20 (to reach 1'60bar or so), and see if the car behaves even better than before.

Report back after you do these two things. I want to know whether you experience a very big improvement or not at this.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I think there is a bug with the Radical SR-X8, For the most part it's difficult to drive but then all of a sudden it's near impossible to drive out of the blue. I had one race with it (made a thread on here) that i could not take a single corner without spinning out.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    I think there is a bug with the Radical SR-X8, For the most part it's difficult to drive but then all of a sudden it's near impossible to drive out of the blue. I had one race with it (made a thread on here) that i could not take a single corner without spinning out.
    Please try the two suggested tips I gave above before coming to the conclussion that the car is bugged. I thought the same about the same tires when driving the Vulkan and the Zonda Revolution (cars that use the same track day pirelli slicks if I'm not mistaken), and solved the problem by doing what I suggest in the previous post.

Try and report back, but do it on unstable setups please. Results on stable setups are completely irrelevant.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by demand34 View Post
    . Results on stable setups are completely irrelevant.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Can you remember the exact series and races this happened? If you go back and do then again is it always the same track in same series? If you go back and problem is the same try putting on wet tires. In 2 formula rookie races this solved it for me and was in fact the only way I could complete the races without lowering the ai to a very low figure