Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Radical SR8-RX tyres

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by demand34 View Post
    Try and report back, but do it on unstable setups please. Results on stable setups are completely irrelevant.
    Can you stop this nonsense please? There is no hidden magical assist in the stable default setup that suddenly makes cars drivable.
    So stop spreading false information.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 6 users likes this Post: cluck, Fight-Test, hkraft300, Mad Al, rocho, Zaskarspants

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Look into my eye

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by demand34 View Post
    Look into my eye
    Oh man that could certainly explain why you are having problems that almost no one else is experiencing. Driving this game with 2 eyes is difficult but having only one eye is even more challenging. It is more difficult again if your one eye also has bad vision as well. A couple of things I have tried is rotating the screen a little to try and get more of the screen in focus left to right if you are using a monitor or if it is screen fixed to a wall or something you need to rotate your head. I am stuck rotating my head a little because the glasses I have are ground on center but you could see your eye Dr. and could have a prescription ground off center for you. Another thing is don't use cockpit view, with one eye it is just too difficult, use one of the external cameras. It might not be that you are just a bad driver who can't drive a Loose setup but your hand eye coordination might be off just enough that you are having issues and maybe with a few adjustments to your working environment you will be able to become a better driver. I have also learned how to setup and drive a Loose setup with my one arm as well and some people with 2 arms can also drive my setups. Don't give up, Loose is faster.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Can you remember the exact series and races this happened? If you go back and do then again is it always the same track in same series? If you go back and problem is the same try putting on wet tires. In 2 formula rookie races this solved it for me and was in fact the only way I could complete the races without lowering the ai to a very low figure
    I was stuck for weeks on it just spinning out constantly at every corner, Fired it up one day and i was glued to the road and came first thats why i think the car must be bugged. Funnily enough i did notice the wets gave more grip n the Formula Rookie races myself as that was the first series i entered and i did try the wets on the Radical but same outcome.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Oh man that could certainly explain why you are having problems that almost no one else is experiencing. Driving this game with 2 eyes is difficult but having only one eye is even more challenging. It is more difficult again if your one eye also has bad vision as well. A couple of things I have tried is rotating the screen a little to try and get more of the screen in focus left to right if you are using a monitor or if it is screen fixed to a wall or something you need to rotate your head. I am stuck rotating my head a little because the glasses I have are ground on center but you could see your eye Dr. and could have a prescription ground off center for you. Another thing is don't use cockpit view, with one eye it is just too difficult, use one of the external cameras. It might not be that you are just a bad driver who can't drive a Loose setup but your hand eye coordination might be off just enough that you are having issues and maybe with a few adjustments to your working environment you will be able to become a better driver. I have also learned how to setup and drive a Loose setup with my one arm as well and some people with 2 arms can also drive my setups. Don't give up, Loose is faster.
    Sorry I don't understand. Are you able to make more sense in just a couple of lines better than in a wall?, it makes my eyes bleed. Do you mean you are cross-eyed, and that you solved this by turning your monitor a little to one side to compensate your lack of spatial awareness?

Platform
    PC
    Ok so you have 2 eyes. People with one eye and one arm can drive Loose. People with no legs can drive Loose. Most people regardless of platform, controller or other considerations can drive Loose. You need to make up stories about Stable magic because you can't drive Loose. Deal with it. If I can make your eyes bleed than there is hope you might eventually lose enough of it just to disappear. Bleed on.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Please return to topic, the guy has gone.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: blinkngone, cluck, OddTimer, Zaskarspants

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    For what it's worth, I also can't drive this car. I had not tried it before, but did now and it's very hard for me to keep it on the track. I went to TT, picked the first ghost who's on default setup, 5 seconds slower that the top time, I see he has made several errors, but I can hardly keep up with him, he is destroying me in the corners, which I need to take very slowly, in order to avoid spinning out.

Maybe after more practice I will be able to improve, but after 10 laps or so, I am seeing exactly what fresquito is describing in his post. Could be a local/hardware issue, although I have double checked and made sure I am still running with -pthreads 4. Unfortunately I had not run the car before patch 5, to be able to compare.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Actually looks harder in real life than in game well for a couple of minutes then he has it down. Looks far easier top control in real life....But Sim heads prefer in game to be much harder than real life right?
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    tbh - i also scratch my head when driving the 8.... its so very very very nervous on the backlegs..... and its only recently. The SR3 is bags of fun and I get the SR8 has a bucket load more weight and power going against it but it just seems to turn its ass to the front so easily more than anything else out there...

Anyhow feel free to say its accurate etc.. but going back to the days from GTR mod / GTR1 to GTR2 - a big section of the community swore unless it was spinning on every corner it wasnt a sim - it just kinda feels the same here... the usual defenses...

Sure Im not good at set ups - but do we have to be able to be rocket scientists to keep the car on the road ? it should be as real life - you dont know setups - use default and stay within a second or 2 off the faster setups tops... it should not be unless you get set ups right you are sliding on every other corner.

Alternatively someone please tell me what I need to change from default setups lets say on Donnington 14 May 2018 real weather to make it remotely driveable ? And lastly if it really is setup changes... then imo the default setups should be able to get us around a track safely driving within 85% like real life...
    Last edited by SlowBloke; 15-05-2018 at 19:06.
    6700K / 1080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem