Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cockpit view...In-game steering wheel position

Platform
    PS4

Cockpit view...In-game steering wheel position

Was just watching a broadcast race and noticed in cockpit cam view the steering wheel of the car was on the right hand side...and therefor also the driver's point of view. It was a broadcast by a UK driver. I previously assumed the steering wheel in all cars were on the left hand side because that's how I (if my memory serves me right) saw the wheel positioned in my in-game cockpit view. Which leads me to my question.

Are some cars' steering wheel (and by extension driver point of view) left hand drive and others right hand drive or is there some setting that you could choose to determine how the steering wheel and driver point of view is in-game?

I'd much prefer to be driving right hand side as that's how it is for me in real life.
    Could it be depending on the country you choose in MY PROFILE>NATIONALITY/REGION that determines the in-game steering wheel and driver view based on the user's country left hand/right hand drive or are there just some cars in-game that are left hand drive and others right hand drive?
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Some are right hand drive and some are left as in real life. Bentley gt3 for example is a right hand drive car in real life and is so in Project cars. Don't believe you can change this in game
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by davidt33 View Post
    Are some cars' steering wheel (and by extension driver point of view) left hand drive and others right hand drive or is there some setting that you could choose to determine how the steering wheel and driver point of view is in-game?
    Some cars in-game are LHD, and some are RHD. It will be whatever the car is in real life, or whatever the manufacturer requests. i.e. if the manufacturer sells both versions of a car, they will decide with the licensing which they want in the game. Toyota wanted both so we had two version of the '86 in PC1.'

You cannot pick which side to drive on.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PS4
    Thank you.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think you can see road e, or some other low performance, car toyota which has two exact same cars. One normal one gt, the gt you can see in car selection menu has wheel on the right. Its really not that big of a deal. I tried moving the formula 1 cockpit about 25 meters to the right, via plank, if I turn left I do get a bit dizzy from extreme motion. Other than that, often I hit a pole smacking it face on at 300 kmh. 200mph? Something like that. It is helpful if you bring this metal scraper thing that people use for flipping hamburgers. Just attach it to your jacket and then the stewards can scrape your face of the pole. No champion stays on pole forever my son... They said, as I was really attached to the pole, with my entire body.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CSL-Drive View Post
    I think you can see road e, or some other low performance, car toyota which has two exact same cars. One normal one gt, the gt you can see in car selection menu has wheel on the right. Its really not that big of a deal. I tried moving the formula 1 cockpit about 25 meters to the right, via plank, if I turn left I do get a bit dizzy from extreme motion. Other than that, often I hit a pole smacking it face on at 300 kmh. 200mph? Something like that. It is helpful if you bring this metal scraper thing that people use for flipping hamburgers. Just attach it to your jacket and then the stewards can scrape your face of the pole. No champion stays on pole forever my son... They said, as I was really attached to the pole, with my entire body.
    DING DING DING!!!

Yes, Sam?

What's a spatula?

CORRECT!!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I find it more annoying that the wheel is off centre, like in the 962 for example so have to move my head to reset the VR display

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    It's represented like in real life. You can't have for instance the Bentley with the wheel on the left side.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    I find it more annoying that the wheel is off centre, like in the 962 for example so have to move my head to reset the VR display
    That's how the cars are/were built IRL.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: AbeWoz

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    That's how the cars are/were built IRL.
    especially since some of the 962's were customer built, including the chassis.

***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C