Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop voting to kick players setting up in the pre-race lobby.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Angry Stop voting to kick players setting up in the pre-race lobby.

It's so obnoxious. The lobby is there for a reason. I have been kicked out of GT3 races online multiple times while taking 30-45 seconds to adjust pit strategy or fuel load. Seriously? Let's show a little more compassion, please. I even saw racers vote to kick a player setting up and it was ONLY TEN SECONDS LEFT IN THE LOBBY! You couldn't wait 10 seconds?

Honestly, I really wish Slightly Mad studios would explain why this feature even exist in that lobby. Is it suppose to be punishment for not taking hours to set up ALL scenarios in your setups and just have them ready before venturing online?

What do you guys think? Should everyone be entitled to the minute or so in the pre-race lobby to setup? Or should everyone get set up and just pick on the slowest person and kick them out? It's really frustrating to me.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    And just to be clear, I know people are waiting on me if I am in the setup menus, so I am moving as fast as I can. Most times, I am trying to submit my changes and it's forcing me to save everything, and that's why I get kicked out. Maybe this could be improved by a quicker setup change menu. Why isn't fuel load a toggle you can just change before hitting ready? Why do I have to go to "Setup>Engine/ECU/FUEL>etc..>save>save_as_or_overwrite>ARE_YOU_KIDDING_ME_I_JUST_GOT_KICKED" :|
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Carlos Eduardo Araujo, KANETAKER, poirqc, R-VR Closet

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blaira89 View Post
    Maybe this could be improved by a quicker setup change menu.
    I often wonder why you can't make a temporary change for the current session, without having to explicitly save and fumble around... such as Fuel / Tires.

I play in random lobbies with random cars / tracks more than anything else, I don't really do setups, but find myself having to come up with some fancy naming structure just to set the basics for that session and possibly a car I haven't driven or spent much time with.
    Last edited by FxUK; 14-05-2018 at 21:58.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, KANETAKER, mmed

Platform
    PS4
    Just pause and return to pit ahead of time before the qualifier session runs out bro. Time it so you have a little more extra time to adjust settings, double-check and save....and still have time to double-check again if you wish as I normally do. When race time comes you good to go. Thank me later.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Raklodder, sloppysmusic

Platform
    PC
    I only really ever vote stalling people out if they’re U1300 or below and have either not turned a valid lap or have exhibited poor driving on-track. Those people I’d just rather not share the track with. And even then, I’m rarely one to initiate the kick request, but I’ll second it in each such circumstance.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-8770k @ 3.7GHz | MSI Z370 GAMING M5 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING 11G | G.SKILL TridentZ 32Gb DDR4 | NZXT H400 case w/ Kraken x62 AIO cooler | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34UC88-B ultrawide (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Windows 10 Pro

Gear: Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Universal Hub, Clubsport GT rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals & shifter
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Do pit and fuel before Qualy ends it's simple, doing stuff on the start grid is annoying, I don't mess with set ups, my qualy set up is my race set up, too many people closing off ducts and rads and altering this and that to get a good qualy lap, means absolute shit in race.

My race pace is better than my qualy as I get used to the way it drives and no major changes are done between sessions, don't try and get a the ultimate lap time in qualy by bending the cars rules, at the end of the day we all start on the grid a few feet away from each other, you can gain more time getting a good start than you can gaining a grid position.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Alphonse Magova, Audi75, davidt33, FxUK

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, it's a garbage feature and should be removed.

That said, it takes the whole lobby voting for you to be kicked. If 100% of the lobby are imbeciles then you probably don't want to be in that race anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: foxymop, sloppysmusic

Platform
    PC
    I think the reason people vote to kick someone who hasn't readied up on the grid with with the countdown running out is the the very real chance that person is not going to be there for the start of the race, which means their car will just be sitting there when the lights go green, thus causing havoc at the start. I wouldn't vote to kick someone if I knew they were going to be there at the start, but as far as I have ever noticed, there is no way to tell if someone is frantically trying to get their setup finished, taking too long on their comfort break, or being a jerk by leaving their car sitting on the grid for others to run into at the start.
    Win10 64 | MSI X99s SLI | i7 5820k | 16GB DDR4 2400 | GTX 1080 ti 11GB | Rift CV1 | CSW v2 + Formula Rim | CSP v2
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Alphonse Magova, cpcdem, Iuse2stroke4cologne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Do pit and fuel before Qualy ends it's simple, doing stuff on the start grid is annoying, I don't mess with set ups, my qualy set up is my race set up, too many people closing off ducts and rads and altering this and that to get a good qualy lap, means absolute shit in race.

My race pace is better than my qualy as I get used to the way it drives and no major changes are done between sessions, don't try and get a the ultimate lap time in qualy by bending the cars rules, at the end of the day we all start on the grid a few feet away from each other, you can gain more time getting a good start than you can gaining a grid position.
    I agree, although, a few times I have had to rush in to up the fuel because... well.. I don't really know why, I mainly use default loose setups, I suck at tuning and avoid it, but I sometimes find that I don't have enough fuel for the race, which wasn't apparent in qualifying / my lack of attention to the race info . A few weeks ago I went through a small period of running out of fuel on the last lap of a race, about 6 times lol (I didn't learn) So now I like to double check if I remember and don't stupidly hit the ready button too quick.

In fact, it almost happened again in a race last night on Road America in the Renault's, I double checked my fuel (almost forgot) and sure enough, 1 lap's worth less than required.. I'm So happy I checked, I would have been gutted, but it probably took me about 20 seconds to sort it out

And yes, I should do that during qualy...and not @ the race start.
    Last edited by FxUK; 15-05-2018 at 16:08.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blackduckrun View Post
    I think the reason people vote to kick someone who hasn't readied up on the grid with with the countdown running out is the the very real chance that person is not going to be there for the start of the race, which means their car will just be sitting there when the lights go green, thus causing havoc at the start. I wouldn't vote to kick someone if I knew they were going to be there at the start, but as far as I have ever noticed, there is no way to tell if someone is frantically trying to get their setup finished, taking too long on their comfort break, or being a jerk by leaving their car sitting on the grid for others to run into at the start.
    Maybe a feature request... show an icon next to the player if they are in the tuning menu, similar perhaps to how you can see if they are on track or in the pits during Qualy etc... but would that change the behaviour of the impatient?

The game loves its 2m countdowns... so probably not, imo.
    Last edited by FxUK; 15-05-2018 at 16:09.
    RWB Racing International