Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop voting to kick players setting up in the pre-race lobby.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post
    I agree, although, a few times I have had to rush in to up the fuel because... well.. I don't really know why, I mainly use default loose setups, I suck at tuning and avoid it, but I sometimes find that I don't have enough fuel for the race, which wasn't apparent in qualifying / my lack of attention to the race info . A few weeks ago I went through a small period of running out of fuel on the last lap of a race, about 6 times lol (I didn't learn) So now I like to double check if I remember and don't stupidly hit the ready button too quick.

In fact, it almost happened again in a race last night on Road America in the Renault's, I double checked my fuel (almost forgot) and sure enough, 1 lap's worth less than required.. I'm So happy I checked, I would have been gutted, but it probably took me about 20 seconds to sort it out

And yes, I should do that during qualy...and not @ the race start.
    Yeah fuel I agree with as I have run out a few times when I was sure I had enough but even that only takes 10 secs to check, it's more the people that have tuned their car to within in inch of it's life to gain a few tenths in qualy and have to spend a minute putting it back to race pace.

We only really kick people off the grid if the countdown gets near zero, one to make sure they aren't sitting on the start line and two to make sure they don't lose points.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post

We only really kick people off the grid if the countdown gets near zero, one to make sure they aren't sitting on the start line and two to make sure they don't lose points.
    Why not make it so that people have to press ready before the 2 minutes end? That would solve it in a much more gentle way. And although I(think) was never on the receiving end of any vote to kick I find people who start doing it before the one minute mark slightly irritating and that's putting it mildly. I actually like the pause anyway.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper

/
    // MaximusDoriftus (Steam))

The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Why not make it so that people have to press ready before the 2 minutes end? That would solve it in a much more gentle way. And although I(think) was never on the receiving end of any vote to kick I find people who start doing it before the one minute mark slightly irritating and that's putting it mildly. I actually like the pause anyway.
    That's how we do it, we will let the countdown run to near zero before kicking, if a player hasn't clicked ready they are maybe AFK or not realised they haven't clicked ready, we do try and tell them in chat to click ready.

Oh and I am talking about host kick not vote kick.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, KANETAKER

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    That's how we do it, we will let the countdown run to near zero before kicking, if a player hasn't clicked ready they are maybe AFK or not realised they haven't clicked ready, we do try and tell them in chat to click ready.

Oh and I am talking about host kick not vote kick.
    I just meant it would be better to have it coded into the game. That way it's clear for everyone and no one feels kicked. The 2 minute wait is fine, but I agree you don't want AFKs.

But what really annoys me very much is vote kicking starting after sometimes 30 seconds. That's just nasty behaviour. And I didn't mean you did that if that's how it came across.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 15-05-2018 at 16:54.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper

/
    // MaximusDoriftus (Steam))

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    I just meant it would be better to have it coded into the game. That way it's clear for everyone and no one feels kicked. The 2 minute wait is fine, but I agree you don't want AFKs.

But what really annoys me very much is vote kicking starting after sometimes 30 seconds. That's just nasty behaviour. And I didn't mean you did that if that's how it came across.
    lol, no it didn't come across that way, I agree the vote kicking after 10 or so secs is a bit juvenile, but I actually have never seen anyone vote kicked as you need more than 50% of the room to vote I think so it rarely happens.

I think the OP has more than likely been host kicked than vote kicked.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I set up my fuel in Aualifying so this doesn't happen usually,but I can guess the frustration of it.I once got kicked for undercutting the lobby host in a mandatory pit stop race-that was annoying.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    If youve just had 10+ minutes of quali, surely you can prepare your car for race during that session. Then you wont be kicked and wont come on here crying about it. Just saying... or host your own lobby and you wont get kicked unless everyone votes you out...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanUK View Post
    If you’ve just had 10+ minutes of quali, surely you can prepare your car for race during that session. Then you won’t be kicked and won’t come on here crying about it. Just saying... or host your own lobby and you won’t get kicked unless everyone votes you out...
    If you join late and only get a chance at 1 fast lap you might not have enough time between finishing your lap and Session Ended to check your fuel. That's why the game give you 2 mins before the start of the race. That's what that time is for.

If you can't bear to wait 2 mins between the end of qualy and the start of the race then there is something medically wrong with you and you should seek the advice of your primary healthcare practitioner.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: blaira89, KANETAKER, MaximusN, Shooter80

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    All that said, I don't think people are actually trying to kick anyone, I think they're using Vote To Kick as a visual reminder to ready up. I've certainly never been kicked or seen anyone kicked during this window.
    The following user likes this Post: Charger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    A very annoying thing that happens in public lobbies.
    PSN Laserbeak43
    Steam Laserbeak43