Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop voting to kick players setting up in the pre-race lobby.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blackduckrun View Post
    I think the reason people vote to kick someone who hasn't readied up on the grid with with the countdown running out is the the very real chance that person is not going to be there for the start of the race, which means their car will just be sitting there when the lights go green, thus causing havoc at the start. I wouldn't vote to kick someone if I knew they were going to be there at the start, but as far as I have ever noticed, there is no way to tell if someone is frantically trying to get their setup finished, taking too long on their comfort break, or being a jerk by leaving their car sitting on the grid for others to run into at the start.
    I am pretty sure, that any car "not ready" on the pre-race screen, gets booted to the pits with a DQ.
    Rig: Intel Core i5 4670K - Gigabyte GTX1060 G1 Gaming 6G - Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 - 16GB A-Data 2133 - Fanatec CSL Elite Base - Fanatec CSL P1 Wheel - Fanatac CLS Elite Pedals LC - Windows 10

Member of Revolution Sim Racing
    The following 4 users likes this Post: blackduckrun, cluck, cpcdem, Gromran

Platform
    PC
    A serious problem related to this is the enormous time of loading and saving of a setting at the moment of having the car ready for the race. It is a problem that SMS guys still can not solve after more than 6 months since the release of the game. It consists of the fact that as you create a larger number of setups for the same car, the loading and saving time will be longer.

And although you can load the setup in the qualifying session, in many cases you must have to reload the setup during the 2 minutes of waiting before the race because there are usually errors such as wrong gears in the gearbox or the initial amount of fuel that is usually greater than what the setup should indicate.

Today I was kicked out of a race in Indianapolis with 45 seconds left to start the race, precisely because of the time it took for the game to load and save the changes in the setup. But I'm sure it was an excuse for them to run without strong rivals since I had obtained the Pole Position more than 1 second apart.
    Last edited by KANETAKER; 16-05-2018 at 20:48.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Quote Originally Posted by blaira89 View Post
    It's so obnoxious. The lobby is there for a reason. I have been kicked out of GT3 races online multiple times while taking 30-45 seconds to adjust pit strategy or fuel load. Seriously? Let's show a little more compassion, please. I even saw racers vote to kick a player setting up and it was ONLY TEN SECONDS LEFT IN THE LOBBY! You couldn't wait 10 seconds?

Honestly, I really wish Slightly Mad studios would explain why this feature even exist in that lobby. Is it suppose to be punishment for not taking hours to set up ALL scenarios in your setups and just have them ready before venturing online?

What do you guys think? Should everyone be entitled to the minute or so in the pre-race lobby to setup? Or should everyone get set up and just pick on the slowest person and kick them out? It's really frustrating to me.
    I've never had this happen. I do however join a lobby where i know i have enough time to select my pre-setup pit strategy & load my qualifying setup for that car to get that done, then as soon as i'm done qualifying i load my race setup and wait.

I hear you though, there are some really impatient people when the we are waiting for the race to start, urging us to push 'ready' as soon as possible.
    www.youtube.com/blackjackrow

PS4 add: adam_j03-zl

Looking for clean races!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    .....And although you can load the setup in the qualifying session, in many cases you must have to reload the setup during the 2 minutes of waiting before the race because there are usually errors such as wrong gears in the gearbox or the initial amount of fuel that is usually greater than what the setup should indicate.
    This. Especially the bolded part. Has been happening a couple times well for me.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by zedeeyen View Post
    If you join late and only get a chance at 1 fast lap you might not have enough time between finishing your lap and Session Ended to check your fuel. That's why the game give you 2 mins before the start of the race. That's what that time is for.

If you can't bear to wait 2 mins between the end of qualy and the start of the race then there is something medically wrong with you and you should seek the advice of your primary healthcare practitioner.
    It only takes 2 seconds to check your fuel level... the ones that take the full 2 minutes are doing more intensive tuning... and I'd happily kick them as a host for time wasting... but when I'm hosting I've not yet encountered anyone who does take ages tuning during that screen.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanUK View Post
    It only takes 2 seconds to check your fuel level... the ones that take the full 2 minutes are doing more intensive tuning... and I'd happily kick them as a host for time wasting... but when I'm hosting I've not yet encountered anyone who does take ages tuning during that screen.
    Looking at that kind of comment, I very much doubt that any competitive player wants to play with you in any race, much less if you are the host.

You should understand several of the reasons why some players usually take extra time modifying their setups. Especially if within the same race there are several competitive players, or if in the case of having entered at the last minute in the session it turns out that the race is going to take place in completely different conditions than the player is used to (for example: Rain , night with very cold ambient temperature, track too hot, etc.) and those things need an adjustment in the setups to avoid inconveniences during the race (low grip/oversteer, overheated tires).

Obviously the host will have some advantage to already know in advance the conditions in which the race will be played, so it would be very convenient if their rivals fail to adapt or readjust their setups in time for the race, and thus obtain a easy win.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KANETAKER View Post
    Looking at that kind of comment, I very much doubt that any competitive player wants to play with you in any race, much less if you are the host.

You should understand several of the reasons why some players usually take extra time modifying their setups. Especially if within the same race there are several competitive players, or if in the case of having entered at the last minute in the session it turns out that the race is going to take place in completely different conditions than the player is used to (for example: Rain , night with very cold ambient temperature, track too hot, etc.) and those things need an adjustment in the setups to avoid inconveniences during the race (low grip/oversteer, overheated tires).

Obviously the host will have some advantage to already know in advance the conditions in which the race will be played, so it would be very convenient if their rivals fail to adapt or readjust their setups in time for the race, and thus obtain a easy win.
    Please don't judge me without any knowledge. Firstly I am on a consul, not a pc, so the level of commitment for online racing isn't as high. (ie. if you are super serious you're more likely to go for PC and full rig setup). I race regularly with a group of online friends, that we have built up over time (from GT5, GT6 days) because we all race clean, we are all of similar ability and it makes for some really close racing. We race in public as you never know when you can add to the group with like minded people. We do 5/10 minute quali, then 4 lap races, then move to another location and repeat. We are there for the racing, but also as a social thing as we all have headsets. We all know to set the car up in quali and all click ready within 20 seconds. It's not rocket science. But occasionally someone will hold the process up without a headset. As mentioned above I've never actually kicked anyone for it yet, but I will in future. It's usually the same muppet that then wants to get into the first corner by ramming everyone out of the way, so they do get kicked eventually.

My point was, if you don't like the rules of the lobby you are racing in, find another lobby. It is a pity there isn't a way to name lobbies or add more info about what the room expects. But for you to say competitive players don't want to race with me or come to my lobby, is a bit personal and unwarranted.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Iuse2stroke4cologne

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    it's max 2 minutes wait before a 10-15 minutes race (or even more)

stop being dicks.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Iuse2stroke4cologne, KANETAKER, MaximusN, Shooter80

Platform
    PC

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DeanUK View Post
    Please don't judge me without any knowledge. Firstly I am on a consul, not a pc, so the level of commitment for online racing isn't as high. (ie. if you are super serious you're more likely to go for PC and full rig setup). I race regularly with a group of online friends, that we have built up over time (from GT5, GT6 days) because we all race clean, we are all of similar ability and it makes for some really close racing. We race in public as you never know when you can add to the group with like minded people. We do 5/10 minute quali, then 4 lap races, then move to another location and repeat. We are there for the racing, but also as a social thing as we all have headsets. We all know to set the car up in quali and all click ready within 20 seconds. It's not rocket science. But occasionally someone will hold the process up without a headset. As mentioned above I've never actually kicked anyone for it yet, but I will in future. It's usually the same muppet that then wants to get into the first corner by ramming everyone out of the way, so they do get kicked eventually.

My point was, if you don't like the rules of the lobby you are racing in, find another lobby. It is a pity there isn't a way to name lobbies or add more info about what the room expects. But for you to say competitive players don't want to race with me or come to my lobby, is a bit personal and unwarranted.
    So you assume that every player who takes a lot of time preparing their car and strategy before the race is someone dirty or who does not know how to run cleanly? What does it cost to wait 1 or 2 more minutes of time before a 10 or 20 minute race? I have seen cases where they used that as an excuse to kick out of the race those players who had great potential to win the race and even did the Pole Position, so as to get rid of a very strong opponent, although not they realize that if they managed to beat him on the track or if that player would happen in the race some misfortune you. could they gain more skill points if that player was of higher rank?

At least I hope they can not think of anything much worse: Kicking players DURING the race to get their points at the cost of losing 40 points to them (if they are kicked before the race they will not lose points).
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    I'd suggest like others that if this is a problem you make sure and prep the car before qualy end if you have a lot of changes to make. Do something about it you can control. You should know if the race conditions/time of day are significantly diff from qualy before the pre-race countdown by clicking online lobby from the pit menu and checking.

As someone who is almost always ready to race before the pre-race countdown and generally have clicked Ready within 5 secs, plus have already probably been siting for a few mins waiting for the qualy countdown to finish, it's irritating to be made to wait as others never prepared properly. Personally I'd like the pre-race countdown reduced to 1 minute as that should be ample time. If it's not you never prepared properly and that's your fault, not anyone elses.

You have total control over this problem if you want mate and that you can change - other people you can't.

I'd finally add that I've been vote kicked out a lobby at pre-race twice and I was thankful for it as it was due to having to leave my PC unexpectedly and not making it back in time and if I'd not been kicked I'd have lost points for it.

Assume you have 1 minute to get ready and not 2, plan accordingly and this problem will disappear for you.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DeanUK, Fight-Test