Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Having trouble with sliding (Formula C)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Time trial is not the same as career as tires already warmed up! Start cold finish cold in career...

I'm on Race 4/5 Euro Series in Formula C at the moment. Stable tunes and AI settings below as well as comments on each race including weather:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1510922

The tires behave better as the series progresses. Started with wet rear/slicks front for amazing handling but slow times (8 seconds down from WR at Brno).
    Now on full slicks at Oschersleben and it's working perfectly. Was on final corner last night when engine blew while .5 sec faster than PS4 WR.
    Where there's a wheel there's a way!

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Time trial is not the same as career as tires already warmed up! Start cold finish cold in career...

I'm on Race 4/5 Euro Series in Formula C at the moment. Stable tunes and AI settings below as well as comments on each race including weather:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1510922

The tires behave better as the series progresses. Started with wet rear/slicks front for amazing handling but slow times (8 seconds down from WR at Brno).
    Now on full slicks at Oschersleben and it's working perfectly. Was on final corner last night when engine blew while .5 sec faster than PS4 WR.
    Where there's a wheel there's a way
    !
    1)Absolutely right. That's why I referenced both to demonstrate that there is no issue with either on the sport tyre.

2)Using Sport tyres mitigates these effects totally. At 100% difficulty the car physics are predictable and the pace is 4th in TT, 8tenths from WR at Byrno. In career mode it is 3 seconds plus faster than the ai.

As stated in a previous post, you can stick strange or unreliable combinations of tyres on and get dubious predictions, performance and effects from the physics, or you can stick the sport tyre on and get predictable performance in terms of pace and physics. It is believed that it is a simple labelling issue. The sport and slick tyres were mixed up in pre builds.

Edit- just did qualifying Byrno with a 2.00.562 so I might have to have a look at that TT again Anyway, its additional feedback to that above. Hope it helps

If any of this is unclear I'll try and explain it differently but a read through the post history will just about exhaust my repertoire..
    Last edited by Keena; Yesterday at 16:39.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    1)Absolutely right. That's why I referenced both to demonstrate that there is no issue with either on the sport tyre.

2)Using Sport tyres mitigates these effects totally. At 100% difficulty the car physics are predictable and the pace is 4th in TT, 8tenths from WR at Byrno. In career mode it is 3 seconds plus faster than the ai.

..[/QUOTE]

If this is true I am totally blown away! I spent about 8 hours testing at Brno before going with wet/slicks trying every combo. Fastest I could get was sports but only half a second faster than wet/slicks with a LOT more hard work and concentration.
    Plus this was 8 seconds from PS4 TT record (2.02 approx). I could never get faster than that in career my best times are all @2.10. I'm not useless either as with the slicks now on Oscher Im running times within a second of the WR every lap without pushing and radiator open.

I really seriously LOVE to see a video of anyone making a 2.02 time at Brno in career mode (my AI at 100% were making 2.05). AI at 100% too...I would learn so much from that! 2.02 being the WR TT time on PS4 I'm basically asking to see that same time
    (or close to be fair) made from anyone in career. It would go against every post I have read about FC before I even started the series. Everyone agrees YES Sports work as great compromise. BUT a fair bit slower. You are saying the same speed!
    PS If you're one of the aliens please let me know...that would explain it

EDIT are you on PC? WR on PS4 is 2.02. I'm seeing 2.00 for PC. Are we assuming that the tire issue is EQUAL cross-platform? It's an important assumption.
    Last edited by sloppysmusic; Yesterday at 16:43.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    You might want to check the TT for Byrno in the Formula C Just got the record by a few tenths. More pace is there for anyone who fancies it.
    Sunscreen is my alter ego..

Yeah Im on PC with a G920, pedals and a home built timber cockpit. Try those tyres with my timetrial setup and ghost. Theres a couple of sideways moments but turn 1 with a wide initial entry, a bit of trail braking and early on the power for a 5th gear corner got me the time. Gear ratios are about bang on too.. you'll find those in the setup obviously. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180522_180437.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	254844
    Last edited by Keena; Yesterday at 17:13.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    You might want to check the TT for Byrno in the Formula C Just got the record by a few tenths. More pace is there for anyone who fancies it.
    Sunscreen is my alter ego..

Yeah Im on PC with a G920, pedals and a home built timber cockpit. Try those tyres with my timetrial setup and ghost. Theres a couple of sideways moments but turn 1 with a wide initial entry, a bit of trail braking and early on the power for a 5th gear corner got me the time. Gear ratios are about bang on too.. you'll find those in the setup obviously. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180522_180437.jpg 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	254844
    Great stuff! But I want to see you do it in career mode!

AI 100%. Video would be perfect but I will accept a qualifying leaderboard and/or race final standing screen with best lap 2.02 or better instead!
    Jealous about your rig...I need to post a photo of my rig for ghetto/street cred. It's a $15 dining chair and a $20 thrift store tall table as a mount with a box of floor tiles keeping the latter from falling into the TV...

PS I just finished the Oscherleben Race. Video later. NOW the slicks are perfect. I raced nervous with that AI on my tail all ten laps. AI 100/100 was a straightforward challenge once I got used to my 'power oversteering' tune. (Adding throttle in a tight corner decreases turn circle without actually drifting).
    I digress. My weak times in race were all around 1:34 which is around 2 seconds slower than the PS4 TT record. THIS is the performance I would call normal in the game. 100/100 AI being a second slower than real life is perfect.
    BUT Brno....I will eat my hat if you produce a video of you winning in Career AI 100% with lap times below 2.02!
    I reckon that's a fun challenge Keena!
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Ill post my race result timing screen. Ill be doing it later though- dinner time here Ill expect pictures of your hat being eaten if i manage it..
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Ill post my race result timing screen. Ill be doing it later though- dinner time here
    No rush. I will happily be educated!
    Would be interested to know your Oscherleben A time, any mode. Slicks fine in career for me. I can get around 1.32. Tune will go a second or faster if pushed (or a better driver!)
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Im on work standby for 3 weeks from tomorrow so might be away at some point. While Im here though I'll be poodling on with the career mode so willco.
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Better get that hat ready.. interestingly 1.4 seconds faster than the ai in sector 3. I might have a look at the ai at some stage to see where theyre losing all that time. You can see not only the lap time but also the total time. Im more interested in that to be honest as its the total time that wins races
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180522_203955.jpg 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	254850
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180522_203141.jpg  

Last edited by Keena; Yesterday at 19:46.