Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having trouble with sliding (Formula C)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Having trouble with sliding (Formula C)

hi all. so i have finally set up the wheel (logitec g29 driving force) i am new to wheel sim racing, however i used to race as a kid in karts but that is not here nor there i guess, as i am having trouble with formula C,
    so I have uploaded a video of me not even pushing the car, i am using worlds number 1 set up on time trials for this car as i am not mechanically minded, i should learn it but i would not know where to start i guess.
    on here i am sliding on nearly every corner, go any slower it's hard to turn ie car just does not want to be stable or it just does not turn well at all.
    any advice on my non pushing technique here will be great as i feel if i master going "slower will increased me going faster if that makes sense"

track is the brno GP car is as stated formula C, no Vr is being used yet but i do have one on the way. any other info i can provide if asked, many thanks to all out there in advance.
    P.s sorry if my spelling/grammar is terrible, i am not the best at spelling unfortunately

ok so i can not post the link
    https ://plays.tv/video /5afae938acc73bb185 /slipping-sliding-lot-am-not-even-pushing-car-is-an-utter-joke-

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Try the competition (maybe called 'sports') tyres, not the slicks. Its a game changer!
    I ran through rookie and ginetta at 100% with no problems. Got to FC and was 10 secs off the pace. Thought it was me and fought until i was 4 secs off the pace. Then in desperation tried the other tyres. Instant and I mean instant game changer. Back on the pace but more significantly the physics started making sense again.
    I promise you will not touch the 'official' slicks again during your formula c career.
    Temps- up to 70 degrees C they will be snappy. 70-80 less so. 80 plus is ideal. 1-2 laps to warm them.
    Standard slicks are impossible to keep warm even with the car against tge wall spinning tyres..
    Last edited by Keena; 15-05-2018 at 14:52.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Maskmagog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I would not advise using a downloaded set up. It is likely to be very loose and also tuned to another persons driving style.

I suggest trying the default loose set up, then default stable if loose feels uncontrollable. I started the game using default stable until I was able to do laps without crashing, then went on to loose.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Mahjik

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think there was a discussion about Formula C slick tires some time ago. I had never driven the car before, but I just gave it a try right now, with default setup, so slick tires, and I am seeing the same behavior, sliding everywhere, cannot push at all.

Then I followed Keena's advice, and yes, that'a complete game changer! I could push now and I could follow the #1 ghost (which note that it was logged before patch 5 was out) relatively closely, I am sure with more practice and a bit of setup adjustments I might be able to catch him.

Possibly it's also hardware related issue, like with the GT3 hard tires, but at least on my machine the slicks for FC indeed do not look good at all. Sports work fine for me.

And I completely agree with Zaskarspants, especially since you are new to the game, don't use the TT setups. Not only they are supposed to be that person's style, but they were also created for a different version of the sim, when the tire model was different and they are usually designed for one hot lap only, many of them you would not want to use them in a race.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Try the competition (maybe called 'sports') tyres, not the slicks. Its a game changer!
    I ran through rookie and ginetta at 100% with no problems. Got to FC and was 10 secs off the pace. Thought it was me and fought until i was 4 secs off the pace. Then in desperation tried the other tyres. Instant and I mean instant game changer. Back on the pace but more significantly the physics started making sense again.
    I promise you will not touch the 'official' slicks again during your formula c career.
    Temps- up to 70 degrees C they will be snappy. 70-80 less so. 80 plus is ideal. 1-2 laps to warm them.
    Standard slicks are impossible to keep warm even with the car against tge wall spinning tyres..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I would not advise using a downloaded set up. It is likely to be very loose and also tuned to another persons driving style.

I suggest trying the default loose set up, then default stable if loose feels uncontrollable. I started the game using default stable until I was able to do laps without crashing, then went on to loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I think there was a discussion about Formula C slick tires some time ago. I had never driven the car before, but I just gave it a try right now, with default setup, so slick tires, and I am seeing the same behavior, sliding everywhere, cannot push at all.

Then I followed Keena's advice, and yes, that'a complete game changer! I could push now and I could follow the #1 ghost (which note that it was logged before patch 5 was out) relatively closely, I am sure with more practice and a bit of setup adjustments I might be able to catch him.

Possibly it's also hardware related issue, like with the GT3 hard tires, but at least on my machine the slicks for FC indeed do not look good at all. Sports work fine for me.

And I completely agree with Zaskarspants, especially since you are new to the game, don't use the TT setups. Not only they are supposed to be that person's style, but they were also created for a different version of the sim, when the tire model was different and they are usually designed for one hot lap only, many of them you would not want to use them in a race.
    thank you for the fast responses (speed pun there) lol i will check this out after dinner i'll keep the set up for now on what i am using to show comparison to the non pushing technique but you people could be life savers, i value each option and opinion given to me.
    thanks for the replys and next message from me should be a video!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i will try my hand at my own set ups but i will be honest i have no clue in what i am doing compared to others.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FishHead View Post
    i will try my hand at my own set ups but i will be honest i have no clue in what i am doing compared to others.
    I use this amongst other things..
    https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/c...ss_expirenced/
    http://xploresimracing.com/Series/XSR_SetupGuide.pdf
    Last edited by Keena; 15-05-2018 at 18:34.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    https: //plays.tv/video/5afb2aedb3fcfc9b3b/put-on-new-tyres-as-advised-much-easier?from=user
    thank you for the advice, the tyres are so much nicer! i am not sliding i feel so good.
    keena i will check that out in a sec as i am actually enjoying the game again!
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    https ://imgur.com/a/FFWCxw7
    could of gotten even faster if i was paying attention but this was not me pushing the car and come 27th
    so thank you for the advice all so far everything is groovy and now really enjoying racing, i also have the video of me doing the lap that put me 27th.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Keena

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Keena View Post
    Thank you for the tips. I was struggeling with the same problem with Formula C. With the original set up the car were sliding at any corner as the rear tyres had no grip. I adjusted strongly the setting making more hard to the front in order to get some understeer and it improved but I was still 4 sec off pace. I will try the sports tyres restarting from original set up and hopefully it will improve. For sure the fact that the slicks are not working properly is a bug.