Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having trouble with sliding (Formula C)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    separate question is kers automatic if so is there way to set to manual

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Racing View Post
    Thank you for the tips. I was struggeling with the same problem with Formula C. With the original set up the car were sliding at any corner as the rear tyres had no grip. I adjusted strongly the setting making more hard to the front in order to get some understeer and it improved but I was still 4 sec off pace. I will try the sports tyres restarting from original set up and hopefully it will improve. For sure the fact that the slicks are not working properly is a bug.
    I think the slicks are working fine, they just feel like hard slicks, the sports behave and look like soft slicks.

I have tried several circuits and I can consistently do 1 sec per min per lap faster with the sport tyres, but they wear twice as fast and the temps need managing on very hot tracks.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by FishHead View Post
    separate question is kers automatic if so is there way to set to manual
    There is no kers on formula c.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I think the slicks are working fine, they just feel like hard slicks, the sports behave and look like soft slicks.

I have tried several circuits and I can consistently do 1 sec per min per lap faster with the sport tyres, but they wear twice as fast and the temps need managing on very hot tracks.
    For me, the slicks were sliding excessively, they made me drive the Formula C car almost like a rally car at times during cornering. Again, it could be a hardware difference issue, not saying what you felt is not right.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    For me, the slicks were sliding excessively, they made me drive the Formula C car almost like a rally car at times during cornering. Again, it could be a hardware difference issue, not saying what you felt is not right.
    I agree the sports are faster, but just a bit for me.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Interesting. I jumped in the Formula C and with the sports tyres got 3rd on the TT leaderboard on my first lap. I didnt think i was that good to be honest..

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

This could be an interpretation but in this case probably the tyres names are confusing. I wonder why not to simply call them soft and hard. Whether this interpretation was not what intended by SMS then it is a bug.
    Anyway with sport tyres I went down of more than 6 sec per lap and they works very fine so now I am ok.
    Thank you Keena
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, cpcdem, Keena

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There is no kers on formula c.
    i was racing with lmp's last night and noticed that the kers was auto, but i read up that is now a common thing these days
    also once i put on sports, i got 9th place on the TT i was very happy last night i was dancing lol
    The following user likes this Post: Keena

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    https://plays.tv/video/5afd82f91b1d7...uess?from=user
    so this is my first time aroudn immola sorry for the volume some reason plays was able to hear my muted mic, however this was my first time around and i used sports, i dare not use slicks lol