Thread: Time Trial Championship - Suggestions for Regulations

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Time Trial Championship - Suggestions for Regulations

Hi Everyone...

I'm thinking of putting together a Time Trial Championship for a group racing on PS4.

Was interested to see if anyone has run one before, and what kind of regulations you used, or what kind of things would you all suggest.

My initial idea involves one car/track combination each week, custom setups, awarding points similar to Nascar or something, so that points go down to 40th place or something... this way if there are a lot of entries most people will be rewarded for their efforts and encourage participation.

Additionally, I thought it would be good to have teams of two people and a teams points table, so they can potentially work together on setups etc... newcomers to the game might be able to learn and get up to speed faster this way if paired with someone more experienced. I would occasionally throw in a round where the car/track combination is a bit ridiculous, to keep things fun and more lighthearted as a break from normal championships, and to help people get exposed to the huge car/track content in the game.

Lastly... to keep things close and interesting in the points, I was thinking the top 5 finishers from each round, would get a ballast for the next round in the form of additional time added to their result. As an example... maybe 1st has .500 added to their time, 2nd .400, 3rd .300 etc.

My main uncertainty at the moment... whether I should include DLC cars/tracks in the events?

I'd really appreciate thoughts on this from anyone who has run something similar.

Thanks!

WMD Member
    Here's a link to a thread of a PS4 Time Trial Championship which I ran back in the day on PCars1. The thread contains the rules, I had a championship with points awarded each week leading to a drivers championship.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...AS-NOW-CLOSED)

I ran a weekly car/track combo and occasionally a knock out competition randomly drawing people to also have a time face off for progression to the next round. It went well and we had a lot of fun, but there are good well organised web competitions now.

As you want repeat players, I found it best to steer clear from DLC (I did come across one issue, which you may find in the thread if you read it).

It was a pleasure to run and the guys who competed in it were great.

Good luck anyway, I hope you make a success of it

DozUK
    Last edited by DozUK; 15-05-2018 at 15:43.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DozUK View Post
    I did come across one issue, which you may find in the thread if you read it

DozUK
    Thanks for the reply... was the problem you mentioned the track limit issue with Barcelona?

Just thought of another question too... is it possible to control or confirm the use of driver assists etc in Time Trial on PS4? Or you just have to leave that open?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Belegur View Post
    Thanks for the reply... was the problem you mentioned the track limit issue with Barcelona?

Just thought of another question too... is it possible to control or confirm the use of driver assists etc in Time Trial on PS4? Or you just have to leave that open?
    Have a look at joning stoopidchallenges, time trial every week, been running for a few years, there is telemantry available on all laps and there is no tunning.

stoopidchallenges.com