Thread: Re: Question about Supercars on Oval Tracks

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Cool Re: Question about Supercars on Oval Tracks

Looking to find a good supercar to run on oval tracks with over 25 plus laps. Right now I am using open wheel cars such as Formula X and Chevy oval cars to run on Daytona and Indy with my AI setting at 85; and I am doing quite well. I have tried many supercars using the default setup on these same tracks; but anytime that I have an AI setting of 40 or above I end up being near the end of the pack. I just don't have enough speed to keep up with the AI cars; even though my entry and exit points are near perfect. Also I like driving the Monza Classic Oval but the best vehicle that I have found to use on that track is the McLaren 720 with an AI setting of 40. If I set the AI any higher on this same track then the AI cars are way to fast to keep up with. I had no idea that there was such of a big difference between the AI settings and the vehicles. Any suggestions on any supercars to use on any of those tracks would be appreciated; as I would like to increase the AI settings.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've not made a lot of adjustments to those supercars, but if they have downforce adjustments, you'll probably want to lower them so they can get better straight line speed. Probably adjust the gears to get higher top speed as well.

Where are they better than you at?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked_Cheddar View Post
    I've not made a lot of adjustments to those supercars, but if they have downforce adjustments, you'll probably want to lower them so they can get better straight line speed. Probably adjust the gears to get higher top speed as well.

Where are they better than you at?
    It seems that the AI cars had much more speed on the straights.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by buick87gn View Post
    It seems that the AI cars had much more speed on the straights.
    Hi, you can search the WMD portal for the supercars at the Tri-Oval. http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=1106819298
    Also when you look at TT you will see how far off the Default setups are for these cars, notice in the link the closest Default is a 0:46.619 +0:02.441. You need to setup these cars for the ovals.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: buick87gn

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi, you can search the WMD portal for the supercars at the Tri-Oval. http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=1106819298
    Also when you look at TT you will see how far off the Default setups are for these cars, notice in the link the closest Default is a 0:46.619 +0:02.441. You need to setup these cars for the ovals.
    Thanks for the info as it was greatly appreciated.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by buick87gn View Post
    Thanks for the info as it was greatly appreciated.
    Cool, on PC we have setups for most of the supercars at the Tri-Oval, just go to the Garage and request a setup you are interested in.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Does anyone know if there are plans to add more oval tracks in future DLC? Would be awesome to get an Oval track under 1.5 miles. Or at least 1 oval where it isn't pedal to the metal the entire time. What are the odds?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtroc71 View Post
    Does anyone know if there are plans to add more oval tracks in future DLC? Would be awesome to get an Oval track under 1.5 miles. Or at least 1 oval where it isn't pedal to the metal the entire time. What are the odds?
    there's a DLC speculation thread. pretty much if its not in that thread, its unlikely to happen unless SMS adds more DLC after the Season Pass DLC packs are done.

But you can put stuff in the track request thread as well.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nd-Speculation

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...to-see-in-game
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | McLaren GT3 Rim
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtroc71 View Post
    TMS has a really nice tri-oval that is 1.5 mile. Even though I totally prefer to run the super speedways such as Daytona and Indy. Also the Monza Classic has a super great oval track as well. I'm just an oval track freak.