Thread: Road cars on Bannochbrae

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    bravo on the post

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    When PCars2 was launched I did a lot of laps and time trial challenges at lovely track Bannochbrae. After a couple of months and reading your inspirational story it is time to discover this track again. So challenge accepted
    PC: Omen i7-1080ti, OculusCV1, 43" 4K screen and Optoma 1080p beamer
    NextLevelRacing GT Ultimate v2 & V3 motion platform + Fanatec CSL Elite & LC pedals, TH8A shifter

PS4Pro, T300GTE, T3PA, 599xx wheel / F1 rim

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    This is a great post (the OP), but does it expose something here?

Yes, these are some fun cars when it comes to driving them, but where is the fun racing them?

Road Group G, a range of over 4s/lap. Only two within 1s/lap.
    Road Group F, a 7sec spread. Nothing within 1s/lap.
    Road Group E, another 7sec spread. More parity (more cars) but still a max of 3 even close.
    Road Group D, 9s spread, few close.

Etc., etc..

They are fun to drive, but close to impossible to race without it turning into an almost one make. Is it time that SMS add a BoP function, to allow the fairly small selection per group the opportunity to do what the game was designed to do..?

Race!
    PS4Pro T150. 55" 4K TV. Playseat Challenge.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    This is a great post (the OP), but does it expose something here?

Yes, these are some fun cars when it comes to driving them, but where is the fun racing them?

Road Group G, a range of over 4s/lap. Only two within 1s/lap.
    Road Group F, a 7sec spread. Nothing within 1s/lap.
    Road Group E, another 7sec spread. More parity (more cars) but still a max of 3 even close.
    Road Group D, 9s spread, few close.

Etc., etc..

They are fun to drive, but close to impossible to race without it turning into an almost one make. Is it time that SMS add a BoP function, to allow the fairly small selection per group the opportunity to do what the game was designed to do..?

Race!
    Please don't take my times as the true state of balance between cars. I didn't spend the same amount of time on them, and the amount of setup work was also different.
    With that out of the way, if wouldn't use road cars for high level, league racing with hour long races. But that's not the majority of online racing in Project Cars 2. For short, 6-8 lap races in public lobbies, these cars are deffinitely fun to race. Sure, they are not perfectly balanced, but with so much variety, I wouldn't even like to see any attempt at BoP. Take the road cars for what they are, and have some casual racing fun in them.
    Steam name: tchoob
    PC, Fanatec CSW 2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Cool

Bannochbrae is great with road cars, especially with the 911 GT3 RS... TONS of fun
    The following user likes this Post: BrainsBush

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGwafa View Post
    Please don't take my times as the true state of balance between cars. I didn't spend the same amount of time on them, and the amount of setup work was also different.
    With that out of the way, if wouldn't use road cars for high level, league racing with hour long races. But that's not the majority of online racing in Project Cars 2. For short, 6-8 lap races in public lobbies, these cars are deffinitely fun to race. Sure, they are not perfectly balanced, but with so much variety, I wouldn't even like to see any attempt at BoP. Take the road cars for what they are, and have some casual racing fun in them.
    I'd love to do hour long races with the road cars! We often do have some nice short races at nights, but would be very nice to me if leagues were using them for longer ones.

Only problem is that you have very little choice if you want to be competitive, either the F-150 or the Mustang for Road G, only the Honda for Road F, the Caterham (or in some cases the KTM) for D, only the Bac Mono for B... I agree with others that it would be perfect (and it is very much needed) to have some way to enforce a BoP, with values either provided by SMS, or by ourselves.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    I'd love to do hour long races with the road cars! We often do have some nice short races at nights, but would be very nice to me if leagues were using them for longer ones.

Only problem is that you have very little choice if you want to be competitive, either the F-150 or the Mustang for Road G, only the Honda for Road F, the Caterham (or in some cases the KTM) for D, only the Bac Mono for B... I agree with others that it would be perfect (and it is very much needed) to have some way to enforce a BoP, with values either provided by SMS, or by ourselves.
    I am considering using the Radical for something.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    While longer races could be fun, I really don't like the idea of BoP for road cars. How would you approach BoP for cars like KTM X-Bow and Aston Martin DB11? Which tracks should the BoP be based on? The only way I see it, is give the players the ability to do BoP themselves on a per-track basis. Otherwise you'll have balance for just a small subset of tracks, or kill what makes the cars unique.
    Steam name: tchoob
    PC, Fanatec CSW 2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals