Thread: Is this normal?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Unhappy Is this normal?

Is it normal that the cars shake around when turning? Also, AI shakes as it comes into shot. There's also tearing on the scenery such as kerbs or grass.

I only bought this 4 days ago, on an Xbox One that runs other games (Forza 7, Origins, DIRT etc) with no issues at all.

I don't want to return the game but I feel I might have no choice. Has anyone else seen this on Xbox?

MODS: I could post a link to a video to show this but apparently I'm not allowed? Could you step in?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Xb1, is this normal? Yes. Thanks for your purchase

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Is it really like that? 50 for a game that's not fit for purpose? If so, I'm really disappointed.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I wouldn't say it's normal no. These things can happen under certain circumstances such as too many AI being used. With the game on the original One you sometimes have to make some compromises to get the best performance as the physics tend to break down when too much strain is put on the system.

What track and how many AI were you racing? You have to experiment a bit to find the sweet. With some tracks and cars I can run max AI but for instance at the combined Nordschliefe with 10 AI things went to pot and my car was behaving very odd and uncontrollably at times while with 6 it was fine. I need to add one at a time to see whether it's possible to race with more.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by SqnLdrJess View Post
    Is it really like that? 50 for a game that's not fit for purpose? If so, I'm really disappointed.
    You unfortunately purchased the game for the weakest system: the original xb1. Get a refund/exchange if that's still possible. My recommendation.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    I wouldn't say it's normal no. These things can happen under certain circumstances such as too many AI being used. With the game on the original One you sometimes have to make some compromises to get the best performance as the physics tend to break down when too much strain is put on the system.

What track and how many AI were you racing? You have to experiment a bit to find the sweet. With some tracks and cars I can run max AI but for instance at the combined Nordschliefe with 10 AI things went to pot and my car was behaving very odd and uncontrollably at times while with 6 it was fine. I need to add one at a time to see whether it's possible to race with more.
    Thanks Hammer.

This is every race, in the career mode. I haven't changed (and wasn't aware that you could) AI settings so I presume it's default. Car behaviour is fine physically, but every time I turn, the car shakes. Other AI shake and skip around the circuit constantly, at a different frame rate to the rest of the picture.

I never thought that the One would be so bad at coping; it's silly for SMS to even release it in this state.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sas5320 View Post
    You unfortunately purchased the game for the weakest system: the original xb1. Get a refund/exchange if that's still possible. My recommendation.
    That's so disappointing. But I appreciate the advice.
    The following user likes this Post: sas5320

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I still can't post links, due to low post score.

But, if anyone has the time, I've posted it on a new YT channel called 'Jess J', just to demonstrate how bad it is.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I still can't post links, due to low post score.

But, if anyone has the time, I've posted it on a new YT channel called 'Jess J', just to demonstrate how bad it is.
    Yes, unfortunately that's the way the game is on the original XBox1. The shaking is due to loss of framerate. Use only 1 weather slot (clouds or full sun - forget rain). Use no more than 12 AI. Do not allow the time of day to advance during a race. Try that. If that doesn't make things better, turn off damage and tire wear and fuel use. You should see an improvement. Also remember not to even attempt the full Nurburgring with a race.
    The following user likes this Post: Shoemaker

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Thanks Hammer.

This is every race, in the career mode. I haven't changed (and wasn't aware that you could) AI settings so I presume it's default. Car behaviour is fine physically, but every time I turn, the car shakes. Other AI shake and skip around the circuit constantly, at a different frame rate to the rest of the picture.

I never thought that the One would be so bad at coping; it's silly for SMS to even release it in this state.
    Ah yes I understand that is a real problem in career due to the inability to change the number of AI. I haven't touched that side of the game so far.