Thread: Nurburgring combined

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Nurburgring combined

A friend and I have created a online practice session at Nurburgring combined the last few days. I had barely driven the Nordschleife, So I was just trying to get familiar with the circuit. We are on Xbox 1 and he set the lobby up with 3 classes (GT3, GT4, TC), earlier in the day, and with 14 AI.

I have been driving the Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport, and he drove the Nissan GTR GT3. I was having some snap oversteer and crashing pretty frequently, he was doing okay. I believed it was a combination of never really driving the track before, and the track temperature and weather conditions.

Later I drove a private session by myself to try to memorize and become more familiar with the track, and I began making progress and it was drivable.

Today we jumped back into that lobby, except he set it up for GT3, GT4, and TC1 (Clio Cup). He also set it up for the afternoon, and he jumped into a Cayman as well. We were having a terrible time driving; the car was understeering on entry, snap oversteering on exit (I thought that it might just be bad understeer and the snap-oversteer was due to having to put more steering input to compensate for the understeer). We backed out and he switched back to the Nissan GTR GT3, and we both continued to struggle.

I don't know whether or not its a issue with the Xbox One, maybe we will try it again and lower the number of AI (Known issue with Xbox One), or whether or not it was just a really bad baseline setup for the track conditions and weather.

I decided I would try to improve the setup, and I was unsuccessful. What I have been getting to though, is that I am wondering if anyone had any information on the tire model, and setup things they have discovered. I don't know if all of the cars set up a like, or if they all have different things that affect each of them like in real life.

Generally speaking whats the tire model like in the game. Do some cars benefit using different direction adjustments when comparing front to rear (positive toe in the front and negative toe in the rear, for example). I noticed that some of the baseline setups have a decent difference in camber from front to rear, spring weight, and sway bars.

I have heard that the values shouldn't have a noticeable spread to them, but I'm not entirely sure. Should those adjustment values be closer front to rear (within a few degrees), or are those more noticeable spreads okay and have a positive affect with some cars.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I can do top ten tt times with only minor adjustments to the default loose set ups, most in my experience are good places to start.

I am currently learning set ups and confine my changes to checking hot tyre temps are correct and adjusting cold temps accordingly. I often adjust brake balance and weight balance and down force as I find I can finesse turn in behavior to my liking. I change tyre compound to suit conditions, you cannot rely on the default to be the best in all conditions.

I always decrease brake pressure to suit my preference for a stiff brake pedal.

I currently rarely touch suspension settings and when I do this is only after guidance from the in game engineer. I am slowly expanding into new areas and will look at differentials next.

edit - longer tracks do appear to cause the xb1 problems with a smaller number of cars then shorter circuits. I suggest also trying a smaller number on that long circuit, 10 is suggested by others.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 17-05-2018 at 11:11. Reason: typo
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post

edit - longer tracks do appear to cause the xb1 problems with a smaller number of cars then shorter circuits. I suggest also trying a smaller number on that long circuit, 10 is suggested by others.
    Yeah, I think we are going to try it again, same settings, but drop the AI down to like 8 and see what happens. If that resolves most of the problems the setup inquiry would be all for not.

If anyone could provide a few setup tips on tire models, reverse values for adjustments front-back (Negative toe in the front compared to positive in the rear, for example), and the rule of thumb for spread in values for camber, caster, toe from front to rear, that would be appreciated.

Platform
    PC
    Hi, first, just to let you know if you don't already, the Nordschleif Combined doesn't allow Ghosts to be saved and I think SMS is aware of this issue. 2nd I can get setups for you for the Nordschleif for most cars, all you need to do is request one in the Console thread. All you have to do is drive a little more conservatively in the Nurburgring section of the combined and your setup should be optimized for the longer Nordschleif run. Another thing is are you considering the lower pressure benefits using the GT3 Hard tires?

This is an example of the setups I can get for you to try. You can search here http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.c...cle=1934199723
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-17 13-00-55-64.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	254629
    This is an Cayman GT4 setup, in general the fastest drivers make only minor changes to the setup(i.e. decreased rear slow bump) of this car from Default Loose, in this case it might be more beneficial to look at a slower run where a less experienced driver might have made changes to make the car more driveable.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-17 13-17-10-54.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	254630

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-17 13-17-54-10.jpg 
Size:	195.8 KB 
ID:	254631

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-17 13-17-57-90.jpg 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	254632

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-17 13-18-02-32.jpg 
Size:	212.4 KB 
ID:	254633
    Default Dampers below.

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-17 13-30-24-99.jpg 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	254636

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-17 13-18-08-06.jpg 
Size:	218.7 KB 
ID:	254634

Name:	pCARS2 2018-05-17 13-18-15-21.jpg 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	254635
    Last edited by blinkngone; 17-05-2018 at 17:32.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following user likes this Post: CSReese