Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accuforce FFB thread

Platform
    PC

Accuforce FFB thread

After a lot of testing (100+hours) these strange values seem to work for me and I wonder if anyone else with an AF or perhaps a different OSW feels the same :

In Pcars 2:

Car: Audi R8 Lmp900

flavor: custom (J.Spade alt low comp DD)
    gain: 100
    volume: 35
    tone: 10
    fx: 23
    menu: 0.07

In Sim Commander use only the following values (remove or deactivate the rest):

Wheel mode: Responsive
    Intensity: 100
    Smoothing: 8
    Game Force Feedback: 75
    Road Bumps: 26 (small bump 35 - Road Rumble contribution 28 Smoothing 8)
    *Rear Traction Loss: 54 (min loss 19 max loss 21, min vehicle speed 4) *- this value is optional, not sure if it works.-
    Engine RPM: 50
    Game force feedback effects: 100
    The following user likes this Post: Eric Rowland

Platform
    PC
    I like your settings but I feel the wheel (and selected car) become a bit "lazy". Not a criticism, I personally like a bit more weight mid-corner. I did go faster in the Lotus 25 at Oulton with your settings! I'm going to keep your Sim Commander setup but go with these in-game settings...Game 100, Vol 45, Tone 45, FX 30, Menu Spr 0.07. I'm also using Jack's standard low comp DD. It's hard to find good Accuforce user wheel settings as there are a lot of parameters and choices and then the settings feel different from person to person. I'll have a go with some modern cars to see how it feels. Thanks again!
    "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?" - Vittorio Brambilla - Safety Car Driver
    "I don't mind, just don't be in the lead at the end of the first lap." - Prof. Syd Watkins - F1 Medical Chief

i5-4690k @4.3GHz - ASUS Z97A - eVGA GTX 1070 4GB - GSkill 8GB DDR3 1833 - Crystal Sound 2 - BenQ XR3501 curved - Windows 10 64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - SMZ1 w/Z1 Dashboard screen or MOMO MonteCarlo rims - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp manual - DSD Short Throw Sequential - DSD Button Box - Obutto Race Frame and Seat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rowland View Post
    I like your settings but I feel the wheel (and selected car) become a bit "lazy". Not a criticism, I personally like a bit more weight mid-corner. I did go faster in the Lotus 25 at Oulton with your settings! I'm going to keep your Sim Commander setup but go with these in-game settings...Game 100, Vol 45, Tone 45, FX 30, Menu Spr 0.07. I'm also using Jack's standard low comp DD. It's hard to find good Accuforce user wheel settings as there are a lot of parameters and choices and then the settings feel different from person to person. I'll have a go with some modern cars to see how it feels. Thanks again!
    Thx for trying it out. The thing I found remarkable, or maybe it's just the way I feel it, is that when you in sim commander increase intensity to 100, set the wheel on responsive and lower game force feedback effects to a X level (70 fe.), you feel more detail (than any other combination, I've tried almost every thinkable option) . And the other way around, so decreasing intensity, increase game ffb (to 100 fe.) the steering wheel seems to lack detail.

Edit: also the sub values are very important. Road bumps fe. need to be set on a different minimal treshhold than the one its on when activated.

Same goes for buttkickers or similair devices.
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 17-05-2018 at 19:36.
    The following user likes this Post: Eric Rowland

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I go back and forth between Raw at 100/50/50/30 and the alt standard low comp DD from Jack Spade. However, using Jack Spade files I always use the supplied vol & Tone Balance list.

What i have found though is that the power is lower than i'd like using "default" profiles for the wheel (I'm not a huge fan of responsive) in combination with the jack spade files. To change this simply look for the following line in the jack spade files and crank up the volume a tiny bit. Watch for clipping though.

An example is below.

(output (* 1.8 volume output))
    The following user likes this Post: ELAhrairah

Platform
    PC
    I use the standard pre select in SC with a couple of tweaks (i'll check later) but I use immersive in game but I will also check gain, volume, tone, fx etc later, not at my racing rig.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    Thx for trying it out. The thing I found remarkable, or maybe it's just the way I feel it, is that when you in sim commander increase intensity to 100, set the wheel on responsive and lower game force feedback effects to a X level (70 fe.), you feel more detail (than any other combination, I've tried almost every thinkable option) . And the other way around, so decreasing intensity, increase game ffb (to 100 fe.) the steering wheel seems to lack detail.

Edit: also the sub values are very important. Road bumps fe. need to be set on a different minimal treshhold than the one its on when activated.

Same goes for buttkickers or similair devices.
    If the intensity is like gain on a osw that makes sense because you are limiting the wheels overall range. Its not a huge difference but definitely noticeable. I do the osw the same way set it to 100 gain and just lower the game settings. The only issue with that is if the game wants the full 30nm of force you will get it. So if you know you are going to wreck its a good idea to let go of the wheel. Id imagine this applies to all dd wheels set to use the full forces because they are all way stronger then you can hold.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: ELAhrairah

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    If the intensity is like gain on a osw that makes sense because you are limiting the wheels overall range. Its not a huge difference but definitely noticeable. I do the osw the same way set it to 100 gain and just lower the game settings. The only issue with that is if the game wants the full 30nm of force you will get it. So if you know you are going to wreck its a good idea to let go of the wheel. Id imagine this applies to all dd wheels set to use the full forces because they are all way stronger then you can hold.
    Ow I already had a few "hands off" experiences
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    Ow I already had a few "hands off" experiences
    I get tempted to go into the crash position and cross arms lol, some crashes are brutal with a DD wheel, even with the Accuforce only being 13Nm it hurts.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I get tempted to go into the crash position and cross arms lol, some crashes are brutal with a DD wheel, even with the Accuforce only being 13Nm it hurts.
    Its definitely something you need to be aware of with the dd wheels. At full force these are strong enough to do serious damage. After the first time the wheel gets your thumb you remember to let go real quick.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    Yeah, carbon fibre paddles are nasty, got caught with one the other week, broke my nail ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr