Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: has GrpA (and all other classes not GT3) been BoP'd?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

has GrpA (and all other classes not GT3) been BoP'd?

As we all know, the GT3 class has gotten extensive work in making sure the class is nice and even and competitive. People still complain, but me, personally, feel its really well balanced. The BoP for the class is quite good.

One thing to consider though, and perhaps its appropriate, GT3 is BoP'd in real life. So I wonder, for the classes that perhaps weren't BoP'd in real life, are they BoP'd in the game? Should they be? (Yes, yes they should, imo)

Take Group A for instance. I love the class, the cars are super fun, but I have the distinct feeling that the cars are quite far apart in performance. I feel the original 3 (the beemer, the merc and the ford) despite behaving so so differently from each other, balance out their attributes well. Beemer = underpower but handles amazing. Ford = insane power and engine but is a handful to drive. Merc = nice compromise.

But the two DLC's in the class, the Audi and Nissan, well they handle well AND they're really powerful. The smoke the rest of the class, don't they?

I'd love to read people's thoughts, as well as the idea on BoPing every class. Do we know if all the classes are BoP'd, even if they weren't in real life? I think they should be.

What do you guys think?

Platform
    XBOX1
    I wanted to do some testing in this class some time ago but instead I tested GT3s. I remember someone here on the forums said that the Nissan destroys everything in this class. Will do some testing I think, I'm a bit fed up with GT3s at the moment tbf.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    The question should be, do we even want them BoP?

These older classes LMP900, GT1, GrpA, B, and C for that matter are historic, and while some have cars that are better than others, I'd rather them preserve their historic attributes than go for a BoP and create cars that don't exist. We know many sanctioning bodies BoP GT3 and the other modern classes, so that is fair.

NOW, that said, I think Pcars could try to open up the use of an air restrictor for players to try to balance the lineups themselves in multiplayer. Because if they're leagues this is something a sanctioning body would try to do.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: APR193, shiftee

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The idea is, the BoP is an option...

No, of course you don't want to nerf the original power when driving just for the impression that you are driving the original car. But the truth is, that car, during its racing days, would have been racing cars with a close BoP that may not necessarily be in the game. If a full field of cars from the exact same year and FIA regs can't be put together in the game, some mechanism to BoP the groups were ARE allowed to race so that they aren't simply a collection of cars with no intention to race (at least all of them) is needed.

Truth is, you have to go one of three ways if you want to race all the cars:

Either have so many cars that there is an inherent BoP simply due to sheer numbers. Obviously not an option with this few cars.
    Allow all cars regardless of group to be selected to race against, so players can use a chart of lap times to put together a full, diverse field that are nominally equivalent.
    Or provide a switchable BoP, so that all cars from the same group have close lap times.

I realize that no BoP system is 100% perfect unless done on a per track basis, but it strikes me that's by far the easier option for SMS to enact.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    We have a Group-A-League in our forum.

They use the following settings for BoP, after a lot of BoP-Testing:

Nissan: Turbo-Charge - 60%
    Ford: Turbo-Charge - 55%
    Audi: Air-Restrictor 35,10
    Mercedes & BMW: No restrictions
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flat-6, poirqc

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Obviously, in leagues, yes, you can set it (but how do you scrutinize, when there's no way to look at an opponent's settings?), but the simpler solution is SMS setting a standard BoP that can't be adjusted...

It is how GranTurismo does it, these days...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Renoldo1990 View Post
    We have a Group-A-League in our forum.

They use the following settings for BoP, after a lot of BoP-Testing:

Nissan: Turbo-Charge - 60%
    Ford: Turbo-Charge - 55%
    Audi: Air-Restrictor 35,10
    Mercedes & BMW: No restrictions
    How do you enforce those restrictions? By the honor system? Just curious.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoked_Cheddar View Post
    The question should be, do we even want them BoP?

These older classes LMP900, GT1, GrpA, B, and C for that matter are historic, and while some have cars that are better than others, I'd rather them preserve their historic attributes than go for a BoP and create cars that don't exist. We know many sanctioning bodies BoP GT3 and the other modern classes, so that is fair.

NOW, that said, I think Pcars could try to open up the use of an air restrictor for players to try to balance the lineups themselves in multiplayer. Because if they're leagues this is something a sanctioning body would try to do.
    I hear ya, but yea, like the other posters are saying, it's needed for league racing. And it should be an option you can turn off. It won't be perfect, on every track, in every condition, but it would be something, wouldn't you say?

But it does sound like then the GrpA cars are not BoP'd. SMS....can you.... give us the option?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    Obviously, in leagues, yes, you can set it (but how do you scrutinize, when there's no way to look at an opponent's settings?), but the simpler solution is SMS setting a standard BoP that can't be adjusted...

It is how GranTurismo does it, these days...
    That'd be awesome. Like, in the lobby settings, there can be an option BoP = on or off.

If its off, the cars come as they are, as they were.

If its on, the cars come as we want them to be.... for league race purposes.

As a friend, and a known enemy. With restrictor plates, or turbos restricted up to a certain amount, or weight ballasts.
    Last edited by Javaniceday; 17-05-2018 at 21:34.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    That'd be awesome. Like, in the lobby settings, there can be an option BoP = on or off.

If its off, the cars come as they are, as they were.

If its on, the cars come as we want them to be.... for league race purposes.

As a friend, and a known enemy. With restrictor plates, or turbos restricted up to a certain amount, or weight ballasts.
    Got a certain song in your head?

But I agree. The Nissan is overpowered in Gr.A, but I want the option to run it's natural self. If there's only the BOP'ed version it would turn me off from driving it. And in BOp races I would never choose it because of that, but that's fine.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 17-05-2018 at 21:42.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flat-6, Javaniceday