Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: has GrpA (and all other classes not GT3) been BoP'd?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    As we all know, the GT3 class has gotten extensive work in making sure the class is nice and even and competitive. People still complain, but me, personally, feel its really well balanced. The BoP for the class is quite good.

One thing to consider though, and perhaps its appropriate, GT3 is BoP'd in real life. So I wonder, for the classes that perhaps weren't BoP'd in real life, are they BoP'd in the game? Should they be? (Yes, yes they should, imo)

Take Group A for instance. I love the class, the cars are super fun, but I have the distinct feeling that the cars are quite far apart in performance. I feel the original 3 (the beemer, the merc and the ford) despite behaving so so differently from each other, balance out their attributes well. Beemer = underpower but handles amazing. Ford = insane power and engine but is a handful to drive. Merc = nice compromise.

But the two DLC's in the class, the Audi and Nissan, well they handle well AND they're really powerful. The smoke the rest of the class, don't they?

I'd love to read people's thoughts, as well as the idea on BoPing every class. Do we know if all the classes are BoP'd, even if they weren't in real life? I think they should be.

What do you guys think?
    I don't think Gp. A cars and the like were under any BoP rules. The Audi only raced in Europe, ( I did not even know Audi had a Gp. A car until I started sim racing), and the Nissan was eventually banned in Australia because it was too damn fast. I do not believe the Nissan ever raced in the states. I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong.

It used to be that you run what you brung and if the other guy was faster then tough, go out and find more speed. Gp. 5 was the same way.

BoP seems to be a more recent thing.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gp2112 View Post
    I don't think Gp. A cars and the like were under any BoP rules. The Audi only raced in Europe, ( I did not even know Audi had a Gp. A car until I started sim racing), and the Nissan was eventually banned in Australia because it was too damn fast. I do not believe the Nissan ever raced in the states. I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong.

It used to be that you run what you brung and if the other guy was faster then tough, go out and find more speed. Gp. 5 was the same way.

BoP seems to be a more recent thing.
    So, is it your opinion that the game should follow this reality strictly in all circumstances? Or for the sake of it being fun, for league play, so we can use all cars in a certain class ('cuz having all sorts of cars with different attributes makes things interesting) should we have the ability to bop the car classes?

I'm of the opinion that its important. Fighting games make sure to balance out all their characters to give people option to choose different play styles, while still having the peace of mind that yes, whatever character you choose, you'll have a chance to win, and it's up to your skill, and not the character.

I think this is important for racing games too. As an option. Add ballas, close radiators, lower boost pressure. That oughta be enough, I think.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by matias918 View Post
    renoldo im interested on this , how do you enforce the Bop. theres any way to apply by server side?
    Since I'm a member of the same community: Unfortunately, there's no way to enforce the BoP - but we know each other pretty well in our community, so it's simply based on trust. Nothing you can do in an open lobby, of course.
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I get the feeling some here are thinking BoP is a permanent alteration of the original car. Even in real life, the BoP adjustments are done by either restrictor plates, ballast, or in some cases (for endurance racing), a change in fuel tank size or fuel flow. But the original car is still under all that. You can take the plates off, remove the ballast, put the original tank back in...

That's kind of what we are suggesting. The car can be driven in it's OEM state. But if a host wanted closer racing in some of the Groups that have wildly different cars, it ought to be possible to have an option to add the restrictor, ballast or fuel tank change for the room.

This way, the 'buy a faster car' crowd could still do that (mind you, in this game, that ends up with most driving the same car because you can't go and buy a faster car or install a bigger turbo or do car upgrades in this game!) and pretend they are still back in racing's 'the guy with the most money wins' days, and those that are more interested in racing rather than doing parade laps in a car with 100hp more than the rest of the field can actually race!