Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crew 2

Platform
    XBOX1 X

The Crew 2

After Assassins Creed Origins, Far Cry 5 and MudRunner: Spintires I think The Crew 2 might be the next game for me. I assume itís equally arcady as Forza Horizon 3 and Need for Speed Payback which is just fine for me. Unlike the other 2 titles mentioned though, there are 3 major selling points for The Crew 2 for me:

1) The massive open world. I mean they put the entire USA in this, about every major city is included, a lot of famous landmarks and a very diverse landscape. Sure itís still scaled down but still itís impressive. I think such a huge map compared to FH3 or NFS gives a lot longer longevity as well for exploring the world.

2) The vehicle variety. You have your usual street race cars, drift cars and drag cars. But also touring cars and Riccardoís 2017 Red Bull F1 car. There are also off-road jeeps, rallycross and even monster trucks. There are also street bikes and motocross bikes. And you can hit the water as well with speed boats or the air with airplanes. Lots of variety and really nice!

3) The graphics are very impressive for an open world game and they seem even better than FH3 and NFS.

Further on the pro side you can own your own house in the game and do a lot of visual and performance updrading and tuning for your cars. There seem to be tons of challenges and stuff to do as well in the free roam world (outside events). On the downside there are a bunch of car brands missing like Toyota, Subaru and Mitsubishi.

A ton of new gameplay videos have been released since a couple of days ago.

Iíll wait for after E3 to see what FH4 will turn out to be but chances are likely I will preorder The Crew 2 (maybe also still getting FH4 later on).
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Just Another Frog, Tank621

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I had "the crew 1" but I never played inside a crew. Even in single player, it was a fun game. Only thing I regret was the small number of cars in base game (and hard to get new ones)
    I think I will get the crew 2 (but still waiting some weeks to decide)
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah I have The Crew 1 as well, just the base game with no extra DLC. It’s been free for Xbox Live Gold a couple of years ago, I downloaded it back then but never really played it. Played it for an hour or so a few days ago but it looks and feels really old. The graphics are so-so an the interface is not the most intuitive one. I might give it a few more goes over the next weeks though.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I loved the first one and cant wait for the sequel, such a great fun I used to just pick a car and drive for miles
    PSN LTR_30
    XBOX LIVE PISSHEAD30
    TWITCH LTR_30
    TWITTER/YOUTUBE PISSHEAD30
    43 INCH 4K UHD LG TV WITH 2TB PS4 PRO AND T300RS GT EDITION WHEEL

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Loved the scale of the first one and even though the story was a nice addition, but the driving in FH3 felt more 'realistic'. Kind of brought feelings of TDU1 back(2 was horrible to drive). Sadly my CSW 2.5 won't work with FH3 (yet), so I'm thinking of moving it to my PC with the T500 attached.

I'd spend a lot of money on an open-worlder with PC2 grade physics(even better if it supports VR). Here's hoping The Crew 2 is exactly that.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I've seen videos from the first game where someone would try, say, Seattle to Key West, and it was just one thing after another: spot challenges, do this do that, in between messages saying "Your level is too low to be doing this." So much for a sandbox.

I'd like to see a few reviews and Let's Plays before I jump on this one. I want to be able to explore and see, without constantly being told to do something else...assuming it's not pestering me to go level.

Platform
    PC
    I did play a fair amount of The Crew, I think I enjoyed it

I am very interested to see what new real world tracks they have on the map as well and I do hope there a little more accurately done
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    I did play a fair amount of The Crew, I think I enjoyed it

I am very interested to see what new real world tracks they have on the map as well and I do hope there a little more accurately done
    I think in one of the videos I saw Pikes Peak mentioned but I have no clue how accurate that would be done since it’s quite lengthy. Do you know which real life circuits were in The Crew 1 then? I only played it so few hours I’m not even out of the starter area in I think it was Detroit.

I’m completely sold on The Crew 2 though and will preorder it. I signed up for the Xbox beta as well. I hope I will get selected.

Whoever is selected for the beta can invite 3 friends as well so everyone remotely interested please sign up!
    Last edited by breyzipp; 25-05-2018 at 09:34.

Platform
    PC
    I think Pike's Peak, Laguna Seca and Long Beach were all definitely in there, can't remember if there were anymore though
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621

Platform
    PC
    I was in the last The Crew 2 beta program on PC.

Never was so bored by a game. sorry. Had much fun with The Crew but with the sequel I had enough after 1h playing. Those types of games are not for me (anymore).