Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The Crew 2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by marts.sum View Post
    Agree with Mack :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0kXAeEhJFI&t=0s

60fps cap too, like wtf :S
    LOL ! I needed that !
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Philips 40" 60Hz Widescreen 4K Ultra HD LED monitor \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 \ Logitech 5.1 thx whit JBL speakers \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I pre-ordered it. Each day I played this game it grew on me more and more.

Also loving the differences between the cars even though itís an arcade game. My starter 4WD Audi TT R.S. felt great at the Las Vegas event, later I bought a Ford Focus R.S. (Mk II) and the corners were more difficult since itís a FWD car. Afterwards I got a 2014 VW Golf GTI which is also an FWD car but it felt slightly different than the Focus, I would dare to say a bit less bulky and a bit more agile.

Been having a lot of fun with the screenshot mode and the visual customisation as well. Iíll post some pics tomorrow.

Bedtime now and tomorrow at 10 AM the beta ends so Iíll have to wait about a month (after my holidays) before i can finally play it again. And then it will finally be the full version with continued progression beyond Rookie level.

I still despise the cutscene dialogue with the crappy voice acting and stiff/dull animations and I hate the limited character choices and the absence of button mapping for the controller. But those downsides definitely donít weigh up to the positive points, a huge open map with good variety in locations, lots of different vehicle types to use, fun side activities like photo OP and the beep crates, nice music channels, gorgeous graphics at times, good car customisation with interior included, a nice live replay mode, full day/night cycle and lots of weather options, the list goes on an on.

But judging from the beta forums and Reddit, it seems this game is hit or miss for most. People either absolutely love it or they completely hate it. Iím glad to be in the first camp.

If anyone else is planning to get it let me know.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Just Another Frog

Superkart Pilot
    It feels like a cheap copycat of FH3 with NFS atrocious driving physics.
    I'd rather wait for E3 announcement of FH4.
    Looks good on PS4 Pro though, but that's about it, glad they let people try the beta out.
    But yeah, comparing to Crew 1 it's a big step forward, except other types of vehicles, boats are boring and planes are just pita to control (UBI just can't get it right, same as FC5 ), plus that means you get much less actual "driving" content, 1/3 to be exact. Would rather have more land races and locations.
    Took Mustang to Laguna Seca, drove around track like 5 times, both direction, couldn't find any resemblance with the actual thing.
    Still tons better than last 2 NFS titles, if not for FH, a definite buy.
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 04-06-2018 at 02:26.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Agree on the FC5 plane controls, it’s utter crap. But the planes in TC2 feel different and much better IMO. Of course it will always be more difficult than cars or boats since there is a 3rd dimension involved.

And cars are not exactly 1/3rd of the content, there are tons more cars and car events in the game than boats and planes combined. Of the 14 divisions in the game 2 are for planes, 2 for boats and the other 10 for cars.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Superkart Pilot
    How many for bikes? And what division mean. By loking at the map in beta I saw roughly same number of event locations for each.
    Last edited by Andrew_WOT; 04-06-2018 at 14:46.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    How many for bikes? And what division mean. By loking at the map in beta I saw roughly same number of event locations for each.
    The motocross bikes (dirt bikes) have their own division, so ok that one is not for cars either. But street bikes are mixed together with cars for street races. And rally raid is also an off-road division for both cars and rally raid bikes.

Division means what “vehicle class” or vehicle group a vehicle belongs to. There are 14 divisions in total grouped under 4 families.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Here are some pictures I took during the closed beta but I didn't spend that much time in photo mode and I had the feeling the photo creator had a lot more to offer than what I could quickly pull out of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	255651

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	255652

Name:	03.jpg 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	255653

Name:	04.jpg 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	255654

Name:	05.jpg 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	255655

So much more stuff to take pictures off which I didn't even think about though like the airplanes, motocross bikes, street bikes, the F1 car, WRX & group B rallycross cars, or just scenery and monuments. From up close the polygon count is a bit lower than FH3 for example but for overall atmosphere Ubisoft's engine does some remarkable things with lighting, shading and colour temperature.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Just Another Frog, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    And a few clips I made, I hope these links will work:

Doing the race track most people grinded for cash a couple extra times so I got used to the track as well:"
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/breyzipp/video/52669465

Epic fail. :P As you can see some obstacles you would expect to be destructable... are not.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/breyzipp/video/52669527

Pardon my absolutely terrible driving here, I was really tired that evening. But funny how I shove that truck over the barrier into the lane on the other side.
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/breyzipp/video/52669541
    The following user likes this Post: Just Another Frog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Open beta is supposed to be up at the PSN store!

On my way home from work now so I don’t know yet about Xbox.

Also no clue about what’s in and what’s not. I assume it’s the same as closed beta but probably a higher build number.

- edit - seems like it's the preload only, the open beta starts 21st of June but I'm on holidays then.

Definitely check out the game if you have even the slightest interest in open world arcade racers!
    Last edited by breyzipp; 11-06-2018 at 21:38.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The Crew 2 open beta trailer from E3:

I can't friggin' wait, a huge map to explore from the roads, the rivers and the air!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Just Another Frog, Tank621