Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Crew 2

Superkart Pilot
    I got a promo email from Ubi, with part of it saying "We have one credo: fun should never end! And we are men of our word. Our team fixed a whole calendar full of new events just for you"; so it may well be that live events are imminent. Alas though, if you click the accompanying crew hub link it just takes you to a blank page.
    It also looks like I may have to retract my "not sure if it's going much beyond 30 hours" statement because yesterday was a pretty decent day on the hallowed map of America. I decided to have a go at completing some of the categories (to reach 70%), something which involves doing stuff I have absolutely no interest in and to my absolute shock, even though I am totally pathetic at some of these disciplines it was actually quite immersive stuff. Also, after trawling thru the menus I stumbled upon the 'timeline' and discovered that some of those upgrades have perks attached (I genuinely never noticed that before) so yeah, a fun day was most definitely had.

As for FH4, I tend not to go down that path any more because I have my own feelings and opinions about T10 / Playground Games and where they have taken the Forza franchise. I don't subscribe to Mr Greenawalt's way of thinking so for that reason I have zero enthusiasm for the game. Don't get me wrong, I will play it - but as with all Horizons it tends to be a 'going through the motions' affair because I do get bored very, very quickly so for that reason I tend to make a black Friday purchase, play it a little while and sell it on to get my money back.

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog

Platform
    PC
    Well I'm going to give my opening thoughts on the game after my first play session

It's fun, and it's relaxing, just cruising between locations is enjoyable and races are enjoyable too

However there are a fair few niggles with the game

Default controller mapping is wierd, gear shifts mapped to the bumpers? No thank you

Waypoints: no way to place a waypoint onto an event directly, everytime I have to zoom all the way in to place the waypoint next to the event: I want to drive not fast travel everywhere

GPS: I don't understand what is going on with this at all, sometimes it no longer even appears on the map and your GPS route will be replaced by a direct line to the location which is useless and very quickly leads to me getting lost AND sometimes it will map impossible routes for your vehicle, I had one instance where it pathed straight through a vertical cliff which is useless

And it's rather annoying having to walk around the garage ir those hub type things instead of just using a menu system, I don't where anything is and so I'm just sort of stumbling around being lost all the time

And finally 2 problems which are probably OG Xbox issues, frame rate drops a fair bit when around other racers and loading screens are long enough for me to go and make a cup of tea and still be waiting

Anyway despite it's faults it is a lot of fun and I will keep playing
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    PC
    And whilst I'm at it, have a pic of my Mazda

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1b6e2c7e-44f4-4f4a-bdd8-b53e0fe580f2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	257978
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    Well I'm going to give my opening thoughts on the game after my first play session

It's fun, and it's relaxing, just cruising between locations is enjoyable and races are enjoyable too

However there are a fair few niggles with the game

Default controller mapping is wierd, gear shifts mapped to the bumpers? No thank you

Waypoints: no way to place a waypoint onto an event directly, everytime I have to zoom all the way in to place the waypoint next to the event: I want to drive not fast travel everywhere

GPS: I don't understand what is going on with this at all, sometimes it no longer even appears on the map and your GPS route will be replaced by a direct line to the location which is useless and very quickly leads to me getting lost AND sometimes it will map impossible routes for your vehicle, I had one instance where it pathed straight through a vertical cliff which is useless

And it's rather annoying having to walk around the garage ir those hub type things instead of just using a menu system, I don't where anything is and so I'm just sort of stumbling around being lost all the time

And finally 2 problems which are probably OG Xbox issues, frame rate drops a fair bit when around other racers and loading screens are long enough for me to go and make a cup of tea and still be waiting

Anyway despite it's faults it is a lot of fun and I will keep playing
    You can set a waypoint to events when using the live map but not when selecting them from the ''activities'' menu. The 'as the crow flies' GPS is a known issue (the workaround seems to be swopping cars when it happens but it doesn't always work) and is supposedly being addressed. Unfortunately the overhead tram line navigation utility from TC1 doesn't seem to be coming back - a real bummer for those like myself who struggle to see the blue line on the mini map and spend half their life either missing turn offs or ramming into drone vehicles whilst trying to focus on the route

A couple more minor quibbles to add:

The game telling me my reward content is ready to use (even though i'm already using it) every single time I play.
    X1X visuals are really soft and in bright sunshine things get real blurry. Filters to turn off effects would be nice.
    The option to choose vehicles when competing in the 3 tier xtreme events
    Last edited by Just Another Frog; 23-07-2018 at 14:42.

Boris The Frog
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    There is also a bug with the purple crate rewards at Icon levels 10, 20, 30, etc where you sometimes don’t get any loot but the game thinks you claimed it.

And a tip of the day - loot the beeping live loot crates with the vehicle class you struggle the most with. I used to loot them with air race aircraft all the time but after seeing the catastrophe that hypercars are, I’m now doing them with hypercars.

I still mainly play it as an MMORPG where I am farming/grinding though instead of enjoying the road trips. Victim of the week has been drift races. I got both street and drag cars as good as maxed and I was at 52% towards the ultimate. Will get 100% drift and might need 1 or 2 hypercar events to get the ultimate.

Another tip of the day - when grinding out a car class it’s best to not go much higher than the level limit of the class. For example street car part level limits are 280. As soon as I started to get some 280 parts I stopped and moved on. Three reasons:
    - I would like to eventually have all 14 divisions maxed
    - in September we get an update that adds legendary (orange?) parts which are better than the purple ones. So don’t farm for pink max level parts yet for a certain division, wait until September.
    - the devs are considering to slightly improve the rewards for doing a race in hard mode. So best to wait with hard mode farming as well.

So it’s best to just focus on many divisions at once and bring the ones you enjoy towards the max level. From September on it’s okay to try to make a competitive build for a car.

One more tip - with that La Ferrari at icon level 600 or something I feel that fans is the biggest bottleneck in the game for now. If I farm a certain division I always try to keep some blue / purple items equipped with the bonus to increase fans. Second priority is improved/more loot, 3rd is bucks. I also have my perks set up like that, from the first group all my perk points go into fans. While grinding improving stats of cars doesn’t matter at all IMO, that is more for later (after September) for maxed out cars.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Just Another Frog, Tank621

Superkart Pilot
    Some really good tips there and I absolutely agree about refraining from grinding upgrades until the new format comes in September. In the meantime, anyone wanting a quicker boost thru the icon levels to gain those locked cars should pick up a monster truck, place any gained icon points in followers + monster score categories and head off to a stunt park with a half pipe for some 540 / 720 rotations.. On a good day it's more than possible to level up in a few short minutes.
    Right, i'm off to have my daily 1000 attempts at flying upside down under the Eifel Tower... Oh joy..

Boris The Frog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Frog View Post
    Right, i'm off to have my daily 1000 attempts at flying upside down under the Eifel Tower... Oh joy..
    Haha, I did that in 2 tries I think. Tip - use an aerobatics plane, not air race plane. I did this quite early on as well (in the starter aerobatics plane) and probably without much of upgrades.

Sometimes when you need to avoid obstacles (like in this case) it's actually better to have a slow not-upgraded vehicle instead of faster with upgrades.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Just Another Frog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Here is my favorite race to grind by far. Rallycross is already one of the more fun disciplines and this circuit at night looks absolutely gorgeous.

video:
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/breyzipp/video/56507465

track:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83f45471-ab66-46da-860a-3e66505688e3.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	258009
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Here is another important tip.

It is actually best to start playing (or grinding) a division in the highest level car you have or can afford. For example in rallycross you have these two cars:

2010 Ford Focus RS (free car for me, starts at performance level 102)
    2016 Ford Focus RS RX (starts at performance level 159, the highest in rallycross)

Rallycross max performance level is at 250 if I’m not mistaken.

I got the 2010 Focus as part of the rewards program and started playing and grinding my rallycross division with it, meaning after races I was rewarded with parts just over performance level 102. I actually raced quite a bit with it since I didn’t want to buy new vehicles yet since I already had 30+ from the rewards program and gold edition preorder. I got the car to roughly 130 on parts until I realised (for all divisions) that it’s best to buy the highest performance level and use that car until you have at least 1 part for each slot. So I bought the 2016 RS RX and instead of getting parts just above level 130 I immediately jumped to parts just above 159, which saves quite some time (and I felt so stupid to play with the 2010 Focus so long). As soon as I have for each slot a part above level 159, then of course I can put these parts on any rallycross car and future parts will all be above that level.

So bottom line, first buy the highest performance level car from a division before you start playing there. And that is not necessary the most expensive car per division (the UI for buying new cars is sorted on price, unlike your garage which is sorted on performance).

If you don’t have enough credits to buy a high performance level vehicle for a certain discipline then first play another discipline and play that for a while. Motocross is actually one of the best divisions to start in, it’s a fun discipline, the bikes are really cheap and they are all more or less similar in performance level. Just grab a motocross bike, grind one of the events for parts/cash/followers and once you have enough cash to buy the highest performance vehicle of another discipline you’re good to go there.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    No Subaru in The Crew 1 nor 2, neither in Pcars1 nor 2
    Guess they charge to much $$$$$$ to get their liscence?
    XBL/PSN/others: genbrien
    CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr2 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz SSD: Intel X25m 80gb
    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Monitor: Lg 24'' 1920*1080 Mouse: G700s PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Logitech G27, TrackIr5
    Case: Cooler Master 690