Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Fanatec CSW v 2.5 USB cuts out

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    If tbeee is a momentary USB disconnect, it would be logged regardless if it's at the PC or the peripheral right?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pemigris View Post
    guys,

it is not easy to reproduce as it happens randomly. What I did is after it appeared in the sim itself, I closed the sim and opened the property page and then turned the wheel again a few times. Then sometimes I could see the disconnect of the rim.
    Wow. So you have to have it happen in the sim first before it shows up in the contorl panel. I will try and keep that in mind and check it as well the next time I have the issue.

Thanks.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    That is interesting pemigris. Definitely worth looking into.

But.... what about the loss of throttle/braking control? My 2.5 base and V3i pedals are both plugged directly into the MB. I feel this fact is quite important as it illustrates two separate peripherals losing communications at the same time and for the same duration.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lessen View Post
    If tbeee is a momentary USB disconnect, it would be logged regardless if it's at the PC or the peripheral right?
    I would think so. As far as Windows is concerned it would still be a USB "disconnect". Now granted, it might possibly depend on the level of "disconnect" if only 1 of the 4 pins in the USB connection lost contact it might not be enough to trigger a full Windows level disconnect.

Now that said, cable connections was one of the first things I checked when I first had the issue, and didn't notice any issues with mine. It's definitely still a possibility, but I still feel there is far more to it.

I suspect that @pemigris is closer to the actual cause. Maybe it is somethign Fanatec needs to address. I'm just glad to see we have others now coming forward. Thnk you all for your inputs. It just confirms that it is not an isolated issue.
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    no loss of v3 pedals. They work all the time.
    From my point of view it is a temporary loss of connection between the base and the rim, not between the base+rim and the pc. This is why you will probably not see any usb disconnects in the usb diagnostic tool.-

Platform
    PC
    @sankyo and @mahjik

I just noticed that with the latest driver there are now two firmwares. One for the wheel base, and one for the motor. I suspect thsi is all part of the unification of the drivers for all the various base models. Here is a screen shot of mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.214.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	256088

This is still the latest one according to the Fanatec website (not sure why the Driver shows as 310 BETA though, since it's not...).
    System Specs

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Pemigris. Well, that would be one major difference in our problems then as I lose EVERYTHING. I've had the car go full throttle into a wall or have zero reaction to my braking input. I think F1 also loses pedal communication but his pedals are connected to the base I believe. So many variables...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lessen View Post
    Pemigris. Well, that would be one major difference in our problems then as I lose EVERYTHING. I've had the car go full throttle into a wall or have zero reaction to my braking input. I think F1 also loses pedal communication but his pedals are connected to the base I believe. So many variables...
    Correct. I have CSL Elite LC pedals direct to base. When my issue occurs, I lose pedals as well. No.brakes, no gas, no shifting, no steering, nothing works. Then within a few seconds everything is fine again.
    System Specs

Platform
    PC
    Good info guys, keep it coming. No smoking gun yet whether it's 100% game or hardware/driver/firmware, so not easy yet to get either developer looking into it.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.