Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fanatec CSW v 2.5 USB cuts out

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by F1_Racer68 View Post
    I have been experiencing this issue for many months now (since December at least).

During a race, I will suddenly lose all input and FFB to my Fanatec CSW v2.5. The USB signal just completely goes away, and the on wheel display and LED rev lights cut out. Main power to the wheel is still fine, but due to the lost USB there is no signal to the wheel and hence no FFB, no steering control, no pedal control (pedals connected to base), and no button/paddle shift controls.

The first thing I did was ensure that all USB Power saving settings are disabled both in Windows and BIOS. No change. I upgraded my PSU thinking maybe I was having a power load issue. No change.

When the issue occurs, it lasts anywhere from less than 1 second, up to 10 seconds. It has cost me several good results so far. There is NO Windows USB disconnect/reconnect tone when this happens, so Windows does not see a device disconnect.

I have tried multiple versions of Fanatec drivers/firmware with no change.

Once the issue starts, it tends to get progressively worse as the race goes on.

Until last night, I was under the distinct impression that it was a local issue to my hardware, however during our 2.4 Hours of Daytona race last night, another league member commented that he too was experiencing this issue and has been for quite some time as well.

I have NOT experienced this issue in any other sim so far, so am finally starting to accept the fact that it appears to be a pC2 specific bug. I am not one to cry "bug" until all other possibilities have been ruled out, but at this point, I think I have to say it is a pC2 bug.

While racing, I shut down all other background apps. The only things running are pCARS2, TeamSpeak and Z1 Dashboard. Z1 Dashboard and TeamSpeak are also in use with any other sim I run, and as stated, there is no issue in any of those sims.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Has anyone figured out a fix?

Looking forward to any ideas/feedback.

Please DO NOT turn this thread into another pC2 bashing thread. That is most definitely NOT the point of this. I am looking for legitimate fixes ONLY.

EDIT: Neglected to mention that this seems to only occur in longer races (30 minutes or more). It usually happens to me in the last half of the race. Most of our races are 90 minutes or more.
    Some questions:
    - Pedals connected to the wheel base or through separate USB?
    - Online only, or also offline?
    - Have you tried without using TeamSpeak and/or Z1 Dashboard? I guess that using Z1 Dashboard means that you have the memory sharing thing active? The fact that there's no issue in other sims with them running in the background doesn't mean that they are not connected to the problem.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Henstridge View Post
    If you dont get the issue in Iracing, it may be woth setting PC2 to use the generic wheel and pedals, instead of the Fanatec Preset in the Controller settings.

You will have to map everything manually the first time, but its 1 more thing you can eliminate from the equation.
    Thanks for this! Inwill definitely give that a shot.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Some questions:
    - Pedals connected to the wheel base or through separate USB?
    - Online only, or also offline?
    - Have you tried without using TeamSpeak and/or Z1 Dashboard? I guess that using Z1 Dashboard means that you have the memory sharing thing active? The fact that there's no issue in other sims with them running in the background doesn't mean that they are not connected to the problem.
    To answer the questions...

1. Pedal direct to wheel base in my case.
    2. Will say online "only", but the truth is I never race offline so cannot confirm it is an online only issue.
    3. Have not tried without, and yes Shared Memory is enabled.

Will try to test both offline as well as without the 2 background apps this week.
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3

Platform
    PC
    I have something similar :

- accuforce with a modded fanatec f1 wheel connected with usb to the accuforce wheelbase
    - the game will be okay for approx 30 minutes
    - then no input is registered by the game, not one button works, fe no steeringwheel-shifting anymore.
    - steering input keeps functioning as does ffb
    - if this happens to occur during a fast corner things become real intense and with my eyes popping out of my head into my VR goggles, a heart rate of about 220, I reach out with one hand to the keyboard while pressing the brakes and trying to survive the barriers or other players with crazy maneuvers. Once I hit pause/start/esc on the keyboard, trying to figure out what the hell happened, what my name and which day it is, I take a deep breath and carefully press continue game and the wheel buttons input works again like nothing happened.

Edit : Op, I don't want to cap this thread, but I am follwing it with great interest.
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 23-05-2018 at 13:16.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DinoM, F1_Racer68

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    I have something similar :

- accuforce with a modded fanatec f1 wheel connected with usb to the accuforce wheelbase
    - the game will be okay for approx 30 minutes
    - then no input is registered by the game, not one button works, fe no pedal shifting anymore.
    - steering input keeps functioning as does ffb
    - if this happens to occur during a fast corner things become real intense and with my eyes popping out of my head into my VR goggles, a heart rate of about 220, I reach out with one hand to the keyboard while pressing the brakes and trying to survive the barriers or other players with crazy maneuvers. Once I hit pause/start/esc on the keyboard, trying to figure out what the hell happened, what my name and which day it is, I take a deep breath and carefully press continue game and the wheel buttons input works again like nothing happened.
    at the description!

Thanks for adding to the count of people with similar issues. Glad to know it's not just me losing my mind. And yes, for me.it is also after about 30 minutes in to the race. At least you get to keep your steering input though, so you are already 1 step better off than me (always looking for the positive... ).
    System Specs
    The following user likes this Post: ELAhrairah

Platform
    PC
    Me too. Today happend in online racing. Every contact is off my steering Wheel. In the last lap from 2nd place. 15 laps at Bannochbrae, with GR A.
    MoBo=Asus Z97 Pro Gamer, CPU=Intel Core i5 4690, GPU=Asus STRIX GTX970 DCII 4GB GDDR5, RAM=16 GB HyperX Beast/Savage DDR3 2400 MHz CL11, Case=Phanteks P400 TG AG,
    Screen=Sony KDL32W705 1080p, OS=Win 10 Pro 64bit, Audio=Realtek bilt in MB SPDIF/OPT, Connect=1000/200 mbit/sec, Wheels=Fanatec CSR, PSU=Thermaltake Smart SE 730W,
    Group: 5% CLUB
    SORRY, MY BAD ENGLISH.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Couldn't the problem be that the game window loses focus?
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    Couldn't the problem be that the game window loses focus?
    I run in full screen mode, so theoretically it shouldn't lose focus on it's own?

In my case, all of the lights on the wheel itself go out (power button on base is fine), and the motor loses all resistance as though the power is off to it. It is literally the same effect as pulling the USB cord out of the USB port, except that Windows itself never loses connection with the device.

Even if I ALT+TAB out of the game at other times, or bring up Steam Overlay, none of those things happen to the wheel. So, while I am not ruling anything out at this point, I don't think that is the reason for it.

I'm still in need of testing the suggestion to use the "Custom" profile instead of the Fanatec profile. I set that up last night, but haven't done any long runs yet. The next full league race scenario will be this weekend when we run our real-time Indy500. I'll report back after that.
    Last edited by F1_Racer68; 23-05-2018 at 19:36.
    System Specs

Platform
    PC
    I'd heard from early on that you lose pedal resolution connecting directly to the base; could be a factor in this. I connect pedals and base direct to my mobo-USB, haven't had this issue at least as far as I've detected.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-8770k @ 3.7GHz | MSI Z370 GAMING M5 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING 11G | G.SKILL TridentZ 32Gb DDR4 | NZXT H400 case w/ Kraken x62 AIO cooler | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34UC88-B ultrawide (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Windows 10 Pro

Gear: Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Universal Hub, Clubsport GT rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals & shifter

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eracerhead View Post
    I'd heard from early on that you lose pedal resolution connecting directly to the base; could be a factor in this. I connect pedals and base direct to my mobo-USB, haven't had this issue at least as far as I've detected.
    I connect directly to the mobo usb also and haven't had this issue. Worth a try at least.

F1, I just did a little inter-web search and found two fanatec owners that had some issue and both were solved by deleting the game profile. I assume the actual one in game not the config which I think is what was mentioned above. One was Pcars2. Might be the culprit.
    CPU: Intel i7 7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 (4.0) GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 2400 Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX H270F Gaming LGA | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | ISSD: Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | VR: Oculus Rift | Controller: Fanatec v2.5 w/ Formula Rim (Creosim Paddles) & V3 Pedals| RIG: 4Play 80/20 Custom | MISC: Hyper X Headset & Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer