Thread: Wheel vs Controller in pCars 2: which is faster?

Platform
    PC

Question Wheel vs Controller in pCars 2: which is faster?

Thought I try this out, so here is a vid where I compare the lap times with a 360 controller and my T300 at Ruapuna Park in the BMW 2002:

Platform
    XBOX1
    Personally I think that both have the potential to be equally quick but I believe if you are competant with a wheel it is easier to be consistently quick, drive more precisely, and make better coreections than when playing with a controller

I reckon most novices will be quicker with a controller, and at the end of the day your speed is probably more dependant on your experience with your prefered device
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following 2 users likes this Post: foxymop, R-VR Closet

Superkart Pilot
    I went from a controller to a t300 and then back to the controller again.
    What I felt with the wheel was that you can like it was said above, control the car with more precision and more consistent.
    Also I felt I could save the car in situations that with the controller it's impossible.
    The following user likes this Post: R-VR Closet

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    Personally I think that both have the potential to be equally quick but I believe if you are competant with a wheel it is easier to be consistently quick, drive more precisely, and make better coreections than when playing with a controller

I reckon most novices will be quicker with a controller, and at the end of the day your speed is probably more dependant on your experience with your prefered device
    You are right that one will be fastest with what is known and what that person are used to, and if they haven't experienced anything else.
    And if the game allow it, you can make your steeringinputs faster with a controller than a wheel.
    But as you said, you will never be able to be as precice and smooth with a controller as with a wheel. And smooth is fast.
    So with practise with both devices, I think most people would end up being faster with a wheel than a controller.
    I consider myselfe a competent pad racer, competed in iRacing with a 360 in my early sim racing days. I might be a bit rusty with a controller, but I picked up on it quite quick.
    I was actualy 1 or 2 seconds faster with a controller when I bought my first wheel, but it took me way less time to match and surpass my pad times, than it had took me to reatch those time with my controller.