Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheel vs Controller in pCars 2: which is faster?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Hi, I have found the complete opposite. 5 of us have played against each other for probably 10 years. We tend to play F1, rally games and project cars (on PS4) . We all have wheel and pedals but only two of us use them (it's close but generally we are just a bit quicker and more consistent) . I have fanatec csl elite (with load cell brake) other is thrustmaster T300. We have recently started playing PC2 (always on authentic) the two of us on the wheel are 2/3 seconds a lap slower. Problem is braking we just constantly lock up and spin. (have tried every conceivably setting even reloading the game) Decided to have a go on controller this morning (first time probably ever) found it very difficult to steer but comfortably beat my wheel times (set both to auto) by over 2/3 seconds a lap. Basically able to brake 70 yards later and seems more traction out of the bends. We are using the lambo gt3, which I would assume has abs and traction control (that's how it feels on the controller) not on the wheels.

Platform
    PC
    Hm, intresting!
    But that doesn't sound right.. I have had / Still have the CSL Elite load cell pedals on my sons setup, and they are really good pedals. Have you set them up in Fanatec controlls, and also in game? So that they aren't set to sensitive?
    You also have a brake pressure option in the car setup menu on track.
    Here is me using my CSL Elites in pCars 2:
    Last edited by R-VR Closet; 20-08-2018 at 12:24.
    ASUS ROG G752VS - i7 6700HQ 16GB Ram / GTX 1070 8GB Vram / Win10 x64 / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 - BMW M3 GT2 - Formula Black / Fanatec CS V3 Pedals / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / Fanatec CS Shifter SQ V1.5 / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Oculus Rift CV1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by R-VR Closet View Post
    Hm, intresting!
    But that doesn't sound right.. I have had / Still have the CSL Elite load cell pedals on my sons setup, and they are really good pedals. Have you set them up in Fanatec controlls, and also in game? So that they aren't set to sensitive?
    You also have a brake pressure option in the car setup menu on track.
    Here is me using my CSL Elites in pCars 2:
    https://youtu.be/mV9qdU3AKtI
    Hi, thanks for reply.
    Have had the fanatec since before Christmas so have been on every forum and YouTube for setups(which are brilliant on all games except this) have tried the brake setting on wheel itself. Problem isn't sensativity have turned all down, car just won't stop quickly without locking. Friends t300rs exactly the same. One thing I have found is I'm unable to save calibration on wheel and pedals. I go through the calibration but at the end it won't highlight save. I have read that you need to calibrate pedals every time you go on the game. I'm stumped.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LGV Karlos View Post
    Hi, thanks for reply.
    Have had the fanatec since before Christmas so have been on every forum and YouTube for setups(which are brilliant on all games except this) have tried the brake setting on wheel itself. Problem isn't sensativity have turned all down, car just won't stop quickly without locking. Friends t300rs exactly the same. One thing I have found is I'm unable to save calibration on wheel and pedals. I go through the calibration but at the end it won't highlight save. I have read that you need to calibrate pedals every time you go on the game. I'm stumped.
    So it seems to be a PS4 issue then?
    Have you also tried not to do the pedal calibration in game?
    I have noticed that my wheel works best without the calibration
    ASUS ROG G752VS - i7 6700HQ 16GB Ram / GTX 1070 8GB Vram / Win10 x64 / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 - BMW M3 GT2 - Formula Black / Fanatec CS V3 Pedals / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / Fanatec CS Shifter SQ V1.5 / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Oculus Rift CV1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Yes, would be happy playing without the abs and traction if we all had it. Problem is they just kill you under braking. Think we will have to allow abs and traction on and see if it evens it out. Loved the vid by the way excellent heal and toe. Have ordered a game hub so I can use my thrustmaster gearstick with the fanatec.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Just did a lap with abs high stability authentic tc low. Still locks up a bit but nearly 5 seconds quicker (still auto which defiantly makes me slower) it now reacts like the controller under braking.
    Never have assists on in games, no quicker if I do. Think I will have to bite the bullet and put the abs on in pc2. 😕

Platform
    PC
    Use what the car allows in RL (ABS/TC). Nobody cares if you do a super fast lap with TC/ABS on or off - reminds me of the thinking "well A sim is harder to drive than B, that makes A more of a sim".

You're locking the tires/fighting ABS with your pedals. Play with the cars brake bias/pressure/engine braking/brake duct settings to dial in the brakes. You'll find yourself braking later and later with a properly setup car + wheel/pedals.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    Use what the car allows in RL (ABS/TC). Nobody cares if you do a super fast lap with TC/ABS on or off - reminds me of the thinking "well A sim is harder to drive than B, that makes A more of a sim".

You're locking the tires/fighting ABS with your pedals. Play with the cars brake bias/pressure/engine braking/brake duct settings to dial in the brakes. You'll find yourself braking later and later with a properly setup car + wheel/pedals.
    Not sure if you read what I said, not bothered about my lap times. I play twice a week in a group of five, we play all identical with no changing of set up. There is a problem with the brakes locking up which is not happening on the controller. The other guy on the wheel is now not wanting to go on pc2, personally I love pc1 and 2 so I've been trying to find a solution. Are you on ps4 and have you had a problem with not being able to save calibration?

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LGV Karlos View Post
    Not sure if you read what I said, not bothered about my lap times. I play twice a week in a group of five, we play all identical with no changing of set up. There is a problem with the brakes locking up which is not happening on the controller. The other guy on the wheel is now not wanting to go on pc2, personally I love pc1 and 2 so I've been trying to find a solution. Are you on ps4 and have you had a problem with not being able to save calibration?
    If you don't touch the setups at all, lockups with the wheel might simply be because by default PCARS2 loads the setup named 'loose' for the wheels and 'stable' for the gamepad. Check at least if the brake pressure is different between these with your car of choice.
    Intel i7-6900K 3.2@3.7 GHz | Asus X99-A USB3.1 | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX 2080ti | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | SST Lightning H-shifter | Oculus Rift CV1 | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTulip View Post
    If you don't touch the setups at all, lockups with the wheel might simply be because by default PCARS2 loads the setup named 'loose' for the wheels and 'stable' for the gamepad. Check at least if the brake pressure is different between these with your car of choice.
    Thanks, will have a try tonight.