Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for semi-regular races

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Looking for semi-regular races

Does anyone know a lobby I could race in? The public lobbies are few and far between and I seem to get disconnected on a very regular basis. When I do get in - and it's mostly the U lobbies that are most active - I get shunted off in the first corner.
    I'm looking for races where people are prepared to wait for an opportunity to pass, not bet everything on the first minute of the race. But as a parent (and husband) I can't really commit to a regular league. I try to drive safely and conservatively - though I make lots of mistakes still. I have an E rating, I'm on CET time and would really like to race others of a similar standard. Any help/suggestions gratefully received.
    The following user likes this Post: sloppysmusic

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    When I'm not tuning I run lobbies like that. They not popular as I don't usually run popular cars (never GT3 lol) but only fair drivers are allowed to stay. U500 and up. Feel free to add me on PSN (same name as here) then if you see me online come join in!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks, will do.

Platform
    PS4
    Have a look for, or maybe create, a Clean Racing Community on your PS4. I was thinking about creating one for PC2 Rallycross.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mincepie10 View Post
    Does anyone know a lobby I could race in? The public lobbies are few and far between and I seem to get disconnected on a very regular basis. When I do get in - and it's mostly the U lobbies that are most active - I get shunted off in the first corner.
    I'm looking for races where people are prepared to wait for an opportunity to pass, not bet everything on the first minute of the race. But as a parent (and husband) I can't really commit to a regular league. I try to drive safely and conservatively - though I make lots of mistakes still. I have an E rating, I'm on CET time and would really like to race others of a similar standard. Any help/suggestions gratefully received.
    We have a group who race quite often, not too serious, but clean racers. You are more than welcome to join us. I've private messaged you my PSN name
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    PS4pro - 55"LG 4K - T300RS - Turtlebeach Stealth 500P

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I haven't heard of any difference in reliability of connection between public rooms and private, on consoles. Has anyone?

I think if you are having problems, going private is probably not going to help, I'm afraid.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mincepie10 View Post
    I host most evenings from the uk no gt3 all the other cars are fair game though. We all make mistakes but bad drivers get kicked pretty quickly add me if you like(smokebeer on psn)
    The following user likes this Post: DeanUK

Platform
    PS4
    I help run a league on PS4. ERL: Eclipse Racing Leagues ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/862522220582479/about/ ) It's UK based, but we have a few North American and European drivers as well. Race times are UK based, so if you're in North America start times are anywhere from 5 pm (EST) to 2 pm (PST).

We are a very clean league with a set of driver standards based on a combination of FIA rules and Sim Racing standards. It's a short read. Simple and straightforward (read: don't be a dick). As well we have a penalty system in place to deter incidents and it's working very well. Lobby rules are anywhere from Authentic Assists to Full assists. For league racing we use Live Track weather based on real time forecasts. Messenger groups are set up for leagues and cup nights, and we encourage banter and social aspects that help bond a league of like minded individuals. We abhor racism, bullying, and other forms of verbal abuse. No in race bad mouthing, any major incidents in league racing go to review committees via race replay clips that are the responsibility of the of the driver claiming a incident(s). Most of what happens is a bit of a rub here and there, general racing stuff, but shit happens sometimes that requires review. The point is, we encourage gentlemanly racing but no racing on eggshells, either.

We've been running a Wednesday Night League with two divisions, and are currently looking to fill two seats. But we are currently expanding to include other nights of the week.

A weekly time trial with a championship race every week for the top 16 finishers in the time trial with the car/class and track being used for the week. Sunday to Friday time trial, race on Saturday. Winner chooses the next TT.

We're starting some mini-cups on Thursdays, the first will run June 14, 2018, and it's a just for fun WRX night. The following Thursday will be the kick off of a recurring "American Muscle Series" the first one is using the two Trans-Am cars, 67 Mustang RTR and the 69 Camaro (from the Vintage GT-A class), on the hottest and hilliest US tracks, this one is called "Over Hell, Over Dale"... 2 cars, four circuits, 6 laps per race with 10 min quali, and one 15 minute practice session to kick the night off. These will be starting at 10 PM BST (GMT+1). Within the next month a 6-8 weeks series will be introduced on Thursdays.

A multi-class event is being developed for Sundays, and we will be filling another night (Sat, Mon or Tues) soon.

Look us up if this sounds interesting.
    Last edited by BionicBacon; 02-06-2018 at 19:00.
    PS ID: KingBukB
    PS4, T300 (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro, TH8A

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Many thanks. I am hesitating a bit a the moment because I have been struggling a bit online. I usually drive the Porsche and in online races it is almost uncontrollable after a few laps resulting in me spinning off with monotonous regularity. I seem to do okay in races until the last few laps and then I have nearly zero grip. In private testing mode, I don't seem to have any problems. It's very frustrating and I really don't want to mess up any one else's race by crashing out (and potentially taking someone out with me). I haven't really done much with other cars other than a bit of LMP2, GTE and Touring Cars. Perhaps I need to walk a bit more before running! I'm in Sweden, though I'm British, so the time zone isn't a problem. And hats off for the racism, bullying and verbal abuse stuff. I hate the kind of soundtrack that often comes in online races from some drivers. I'll look you guys up but may hold off a bit in terms of racing. Thanks again.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I'm in the Eastern time zone... Been running in a couple leagues, both are in Europe , the one on Sunday afternoons works OK for me, the other is timed such that racing starts at 5PM on a Monday, which is just a tiny bit earlier then I'd like... but it's a great group of guys, so I try to make it work, and so far has been working OK... Having said that, I really would love to have a USA based league to run in... My ideal time , would be like 8 or 9PM start, racing about a hour...
    Playstation 4, Playseat Challenge, and Logitech G29 wheel