Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: 30-40% weaker performance as pcars1 on nvidia cards!

  1. #41
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    50
    Platform
    PC
    One thing is for sure, there is no texture optimization. For medium setting they just destroyed the car liveries in photoshop and left track textures intact (with lots of 4k stuff in there -much bigger than the highest car liveries-). If they had tried to optimized that, they would have seen that fitting the game on 2gb cards required nothing more than tweaking a few textures here and there in the problematic tracks (the new ones).
    Last edited by monchicles; 09-06-2018 at 00:10.

  2. #42
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,619
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by monchicles View Post
    One thing is for sure, there is no texture optimization. For medium setting they just destroyed the car liveries in photoshop and left track textures intact (with lots of 4k stuff in there -much bigger than the highest car liveries-). If they had tried to optimized that, they would have seen that fitting the game on 2gb cards required nothing more than tweaking a few textures here and there in the problematic tracks (the new ones).
    2GB GPU's, are we in 2013? Why hold back progress, games should be pushing newest tech and be able to be dialled back a bit but not that far, min requirements are 4GB.
    The following user likes this Post: Theruleslawyer


  3. #43
    GT4 Pilot BigDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Bris Vegas
    Posts
    2,606
    Platform
    PC
    He's right about medium textures hitting car skins hardest , I mean the skins look really bad at medium textures but not much change to trackside textures .
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / Formula Carbon / CS Universal Hub/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / :

  4. #44
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    50
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    2GB GPU's, are we in 2013? Why hold back progress, games should be pushing newest tech and be able to be dialled back a bit but not that far, min requirements are 4GB.
    Yeah, eliminate all settings too, everybody plays in ultra.

  5. #45
    GT4 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,021
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    2GB GPU's, are we in 2013? Why hold back progress, games should be pushing newest tech and be able to be dialled back a bit but not that far, min requirements are 4GB.
    I have a GTX 960, it has 2GB, please allow me to play...
    But I agree, it should be possible to have better quality in stronger machines, I assume it's a matter of available time/resources why this didn't happen.

  6. #46
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    50
    Platform
    PC
    Game needs like 2.5 gb in ultra lol.

  7. #47
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    63
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz_J View Post
    I've read the thread and 2 things jump out at me about your original post and your replies to it.

    1) you detail your settings on 3 page of the thread, but you haven't stated what FPS you are getting, other than saying "30 to 40%" difference between Pcars 1 and 2.
    Im play with 70-90fps (+10fps headroom), in california highway and azure coast (Time Trial). Both with same details but pcars1 with Pixel Density 2.0 and pcars2 Pixel Density 1.5

    Quote Originally Posted by Muz_J View Post
    2) comparing performance between game titles is completely irrelevant.
    If its irrelevant for you, why you ask for more informations? Maybe its not...

    Since pcars1 and 2 looks "almost" identical... the VR performance is day/night differend.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muz_J View Post
    You've got a good system and stated you've been into PC's since 1993 and I'm surprised you've taken this type of approach when optimising performance for Project Cars 2 on your system (using VR).

    The relevant question is - are you getting comparable in game performance with your hardware and settings ???

    i.e. - compared to other people with similar hardware, software and drivers - running the SAME software - i.e. Project Cars 2.
    I didnt changed any driver or pc settings, to make a fair comparison and i was using Oculus Debug Tool (Performance HUD) to check fps in VR.


    Quote Originally Posted by Muz_J View Post
    It's irrelevant how any other game engine performs - Elite Dangerous, Project Cars 1, Skyrim etc. They are not the same piece of software - so you are not making a valid comparison.
    Compare apples to apples. i.e. project cars 2 to project cars 2.
    Of course, this is true... but sometimes you see if a game looks terrible and no good physics and still really bad fps. There are games out there, when you see the developer did a goodjob with optimising/polishing their software or not. But of you right with that point, there is no way to a fair comparing for differend engines and genres.

    [QUOTE=Muz_J;1517199
    Take that approach and optimise things to a level where you are getting good performance for your hardware and things will be as good as they're going to get.
    [/QUOTE]
    Thats why i complained in this tread, after i read pages and pages and pages... im done with tweak and im reached my limit and im sad about the result.

    The reason why im asking for more performance improvements, that can only the developer deliver to us.
    Or the last possible way, to buy even more expensive hardware.
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4700 MHz |Gigabyte-Z170X-UD3 | 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws 2800MHz | EVGA 1080 SC | 1xSDD Samsung 830 (256 GB) + 1xM.2 Samsung 960 Evo (512GB) + 1xHDD (3TB) | Creative X-Fi Titanium |Denon DD 5.1 Reciever + AKG K612 Pro| Acer Predator GN-246HL (1ms, 144Hz)| Reckhorn A-408 + 2xBass-Shaker + Simvibe | Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Pedals V3i | Oculus Rift CV1 + Touch + 3 Sensoren

  8. #48
    Moderator Sankyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,364
    Platform
    PC
    So is your problem that performance is not good enough to play the game, or as per the thread title that performance is less than pC1 when using the same settings? Because if it's the latter, an explanation has been given why this is the case and it won't be changed/improved.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

  9. #49
    Moderator Mahjik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    7,463
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Koboldx View Post
    If its irrelevant for you, why you ask for more informations? Maybe its not...

    Since pcars1 and 2 looks "almost" identical... the VR performance is day/night differend.
    It's already been pointed out that comparing PC1 to PC2 isn't really useful. There are a lot of other differences than what has already been pointed out for "under the hood technology" that PC2 has which PC1 didn't. Also, directly related to graphics is that the car polygon count is higher for PC2 than PC1. Environment textures and poly count are also higher. These may not appear to the naked eye, but those that were in WMD2 can attest to them. These things as well as the other things mentioned in this thread make the PC1 to PC2 performance comparison not useful.

    What would be more useful is comparing your PC2 performance to a similar system.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset


    Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

  10. #50
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    63
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    So is your problem that performance is not good enough to play the game, or as per the thread title that performance is less than pC1 when using the same settings? Because if it's the latter, an explanation has been given why this is the case and it won't be changed/improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    It's already been pointed out that comparing PC1 to PC2 isn't really useful. There are a lot of other differences than what has already been pointed out for "under the hood technology" that PC2 has which PC1 didn't. Also, directly related to graphics is that the car polygon count is higher for PC2 than PC1. Environment textures and poly count are also higher. These may not appear to the naked eye, but those that were in WMD2 can attest to them. These things as well as the other things mentioned in this thread make the PC1 to PC2 performance comparison not useful.

    What would be more useful is comparing your PC2 performance to a similar system.
    If you guys right and Pcars2 is this good optimised and cant improvet with future patches, its sad.
    But why dont give us more buttons to change more graphicsettings, that we can play pcars2 with the same performance as in pcars1?

    For me the cars and the track looks "almost" identical and have the same good look as pcars1, atleast in VR perspective. Give us the option to reduce the car polygon count... btw. i compared my settings only in time trial so, im not sure if thats the big performance break... but it must atleast the polygon count from environment that you talking about.

    I mean for people who want it to play in Ultra, who dont have VR and dont care about the performance lost, they happy about your changes between pcars1 and 2 and they dont care if we cant reduce it in graphicsettings.

    In my opinion, i just see the same image with less performance and i wish i could reduce the changes (graphics related) from pcars2 to the same level as pcars1... its just performance waste.

    Who is the point to add more poly count or draw calls if the user cant see the difference and added a big performance impact? I really dont understand this, in my opinion is this against VR.
    Last edited by Koboldx; 14-06-2018 at 21:01.
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4700 MHz |Gigabyte-Z170X-UD3 | 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws 2800MHz | EVGA 1080 SC | 1xSDD Samsung 830 (256 GB) + 1xM.2 Samsung 960 Evo (512GB) + 1xHDD (3TB) | Creative X-Fi Titanium |Denon DD 5.1 Reciever + AKG K612 Pro| Acer Predator GN-246HL (1ms, 144Hz)| Reckhorn A-408 + 2xBass-Shaker + Simvibe | Fanatec CSW 2.5 + Clubsport Pedals V3i | Oculus Rift CV1 + Touch + 3 Sensoren

Similar Threads

  1. Compared Pcars1 with Pcars2: Decreased Performance on nvidia 1080 in VR
    By Koboldx in forum Technical Help & Support (PC)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 22-01-2018, 00:52
  2. Oculus performance on GTX cards
    By NeilsOnWheels in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-10-2017, 04:09
  3. nVidia 3D profile - Ambient Occlusion (off, performance, quality)
    By zegerman83 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23-09-2015, 19:08
  4. Performance of the with AMD graphics cards over time
    By patientx in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 14:43
  5. Mid/High End nVidia Card Performance ISSUE
    By Killa162 in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-05-2015, 06:56

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •