Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] G27 strange issue

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

[RESOLVED] G27 strange issue

Hi,

Often I have to restart the game, because I have my wheel not correctly aligned during races. I have to start a race to see if I will have the issue, the offset is always the same, the wheel in the in game cockpit is about 45 degrees to the left.
    I also notice that I can have some buttons of the wheel recognized as a keyboard keys.

I didn't really paid attention from when I started to have the issue, but I start the annoy me, because I can't go in online races directly. Generally I have to restart 4 or 5 times, and because I have to launch a race it takes about 10 minutes.

I have Windows 10, the Logitech Profiler 5.10.127, am always checking that the shifter is in neutral position before starting the game (because it caused a bug in Pcars 1).

Platform
    PC
    Several people have had issues with Logitech wheels and Windows 10. I've seen people address them two different ways:

Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Several people have had issues with Logitech wheels and Windows 10. I've seen people address them two different ways:

Thank you I'll try the compatibility mode first.
    Is there a risk to loose Pcars 2 wheel settings and/or the wheel settings (those of the Logitech profiler) if I downgrade the driver?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamaros View Post
    Is there a risk to loose Pcars 2 wheel settings and/or the wheel settings (those of the Logitech profiler) if I downgrade the driver?
    Yes, there is always that possibility. Backup your "\Documents\Project CARS 2" folder before you do anything.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Yes, there is always that possibility. Backup your "\Documents\Project CARS 2" folder before you do anything.
    First try is encouraging, I didn't have the issue tonight, during last days I got the issue every-time on first launch.

I'll post after 4 or 5 play sessions to tell if it really works and that this is not only a lucky day.
    The following user likes this Post: Mahjik

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Finally the compatibility mode doesn't works for me. So I tried the recommended driver version and this is the same, the issue is still here

I don't know what to do.

I think that I'll try this:

Quote Originally Posted by kstadden View Post
    OH... MY... HEAVENS... IT WORKED.

Specifically, it was as simple as deleting one file!
    "... delete the file found in Documents / ProjectCars2 / savegames / (some numbers) / projectcars2 / profiles and the file is called " default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav " - this advice was from CyberSkull28.

Thanks for pointing me to that Mahjik, and thanks to all you guys who kept throwing solutions at me. This forum is the best. WOOOOO HOOOOO
    But will I loose me wheel configuration in Pcars 2?
    Last edited by Flamaros; 24-05-2018 at 20:40.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Up

Anybody have an idea for my issue?

I have!!
    I had the same problem, that only occurred in PCars2, but it was my wheel(hardware) and not software.
    Internal, your Wheel have an rotary encoder that in your particular situation is loose or it has broken.

The solution: Fix your self, as i have done to my wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKkqlrUHel4

In this video, the first that i found, he explains what to do to solve your problem.
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - GTX 1080 TI (1900MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Pedro Ferreira

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pferreirag60 View Post
    I have!!
    I had the same problem, that only occurred in PCars2, but it was my wheel(hardware) and not software.
    Internal, your Wheel have an rotary encoder that in your particular situation is loose or it has broken.

The solution: Fix your self, as i have done to my wheel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKkqlrUHel4

In this video, the first that i found, he explains what to do to solve your problem.
    Nice, it seems weird has generally I also have an incorrect mapping of buttons of the wheel, plus as you said it is only with Pcars 2.

It seems worst for the moment with the patch 1.6.0.0. The wheel in the cockpit move faster than mine, and I haven't my wheel buttons recognized (the third pedal too). I need to do more tests.
    Last edited by Flamaros; 04-06-2018 at 22:31.

Well, your problem seems different, because in the begin it really only happened in Pcars2, with time all games had the same problem, and the only problem was the wheel not aligned, never had a problem with mapping buttons.

If I was you, first be sure that your wheel is ok, you can test that easly: In any game that have a nice graphical view of the wheel travel in the options, just turn the wheel to the left or right as fast as you can 180 . If your Rotary encoder is broken or moved, because the screws got loose with time (my wheel problem) your wheel will become desaligned.
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - GTX 1080 TI (1900MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Pedro Ferreira