Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: [PC] RWB/SRO/ART/TCSR

  1. #1
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,556
    Platform
    PC

    [PC] RWB/SRO/ART/TCSR

    Just a heads up, these clubs are currently collaborating and organising events between ourselves, if you would like to join the action and participate then check the links, this is a global mash up and all are welcome on PC.

    RWB https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA

    SRO https://discord.gg/WqXDbax

    ART https://discord.gg/vs5cgSn

    TCSR https://discord.gg/rnRnvX4
    Last edited by Charger; 26-06-2018 at 12:36.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: AlGartner, cpcdem, Hamdridge, Rodders, Rossi46 (NL)


  2. #2
    Superkart Pilot Rodders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    412
    Platform
    PC
    And we've just managed to agree the parameters for our first multi-club league
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

    i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals

  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    124
    Platform
    PC
    I'm in!
    I5 6600k @ 3.5/GTX 1070 8gb/16GB 2133 ram/Hybrid 2TB HDD/Oculus Rift CV1/Proscan 4K tv @ 60hz/inactivated windows 10/Thrustmaster TX/Alcantara wheel/T3PA Pro/TH8A.

  4. #4
    WMD Member Mad Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Suffolk, England
    Posts
    2,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    And we've just managed to agree the parameters for our first multi-club league
    **** me. miracles do happen

    i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

    Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

    HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

  5. #5
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,556
    Platform
    PC
    Now that's the way to do a formation lap ;-)

    The following 3 users likes this Post: eracerhead, METAL666NZ, Visceral_Syn


  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot Hamdridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coventry
    Posts
    196
    Platform
    PC
    Coming soon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Crossover.jpg  


    #24
    " More powerful than fear itself is the will to win."
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Charger, cpcdem, FlakNine, Rossi46 (NL)


  7. #7
    GT5 Pilot mr_belowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,422
    Platform
    PC
    guys, are you using Crew Chief, and if so do you get any use from the Crew Chief manual formation lap stuff? Give me a shout if it needs extending or tweaking to support your use-case, or if you want details of how it works
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE

  8. #8
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,556
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    guys, are you using Crew Chief, and if so do you get any use from the Crew Chief manual formation lap stuff? Give me a shout if it needs extending or tweaking to support your use-case, or if you want details of how it works
    Interesting, info would be helpful if you can yes, we are thinking of manual formation.

  9. #9
    GT5 Pilot mr_belowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,422
    Platform
    PC
    We used this mode for the RRLeagues races last season and it worked well. There are some edge-cases the app can't handle, and if lots of cars crash or some berk forgets to keep formation things can get a little sketchy, but as long as the grid behaves (reasonably) well, we found it worked *really* well and added some nice tension and atmosphere to the pace lap, as well as useful info.



    i just added this to the CC help file:


    Manual formation lap
    --------------------
    Some online leagues run a manual formation at the start of the race. Lap 1 of the race is run in formation at a slower pace (even if the game doesn't know this), with the actual race starting when the lead car crosses the start line, or when player's car crosses the start line. Using Crew Chief in this situation would result in lots of annoying an unhelpful calls during the formation lap.

    To prevent this, and attempt to provide some useful information during this lap, the app has a manual formation lap mode. This is always disabled when you start the app, and can be enabled or disabled with a button press ('Toggle manual formation lap mode') or a voice command ("This is the formation lap / formation lap / rolling start" to enable, "Standing start / no formation lap" to disable). When it's enabled the app will assume that the opening lap is driven in formation and not under race conditions, and that the race starts at the start of lap 2. If you enable manual formation lap mode during the practice session or qualifying, it'll remain enabled for the race (and for subsequent race starts until you switch it off or restart the app).

    There are 2 additional options in the properties screen:
    'Manual formation 'go' when leader crosses line'. If this is enabled, the 'go go go' call will be made when the leader crosses the start line. If it's disabled the 'go go go' call will be made when the player crosses the start line.

    'Manual formation lap double-file start': if this is enabled, the app will assume that your rolling start is double file. It will expect you to start the race on the same side of the track as your grid position (regardless of who drops out in front of you). It will expect you to be behind the guy who was placed on the grid directly in front of you, on your side - the app does *not* check the position of cars which are not on your side of the grid (so the 2 pace lines don't have to be lined up properly with each other). If this is disabled, it will expect a single pace line starting the race in grid-order.

    If a car drops out of the pace lap or crashes, the app assumes that he'll rejoin at the back and start from the back. Things can get messy if there are formation lap incidents and the app can only do its best here

    Once the race starts at the end of the formation lap, the app will give its regular racing calls (so you don't need to switch this mode off during the race).
    Last edited by mr_belowski; 26-06-2018 at 16:20.
    Crew Chief details here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    Website, download link and forum: http://thecrewchief.org
    Or make a donation, if you think the chief needs to drink more beer:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=LW33XFXP4DPZE
    The following 5 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Cam3200, Charger, Hamdridge, VelvetTorpedo


  10. #10
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,556
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    We used this mode for the RRLeagues races last season and it worked well. There are some edge-cases the app can't handle, and if lots of cars crash or some berk forgets to keep formation things can get a little sketchy, but as long as the grid behaves (reasonably) well, we found it worked *really* well and added some nice tension and atmosphere to the pace lap, as well as useful info.



    i just added this to the CC help file:


    Manual formation lap
    --------------------
    Some online leagues run a manual formation at the start of the race. Lap 1 of the race is run in formation at a slower pace (even if the game doesn't know this), with the actual race starting when the lead car crosses the start line, or when player's car crosses the start line. Using Crew Chief in this situation would result in lots of annoying an unhelpful calls during the formation lap.

    To prevent this, and attempt to provide some useful information during this lap, the app has a manual formation lap mode. This is always disabled when you start the app, and can be enabled or disabled with a button press ('Toggle manual formation lap mode') or a voice command ("This is the formation lap / formation lap / rolling start" to enable, "Standing start / no formation lap" to disable). When it's enabled the app will assume that the opening lap is driven in formation and not under race conditions, and that the race starts at the start of lap 2. If you enable manual formation lap mode during the practice session or qualifying, it'll remain enabled for the race (and for subsequent race starts until you switch it off or restart the app).

    There are 2 additional options in the properties screen:
    'Manual formation 'go' when leader crosses line'. If this is enabled, the 'go go go' call will be made when the leader crosses the start line. If it's disabled the 'go go go' call will be made when the player crosses the start line.

    'Manual formation lap double-file start': if this is enabled, the app will assume that your rolling start is double file. It will expect you to start the race on the same side of the track as your grid position (regardless of who drops out in front of you). It will expect you to be behind the guy who was placed on the grid directly in front of you, on your side - the app does *not* check the position of cars which are not on your side of the grid (so the 2 pace lines don't have to be lined up properly with each other). If this is disabled, it will expect a single pace line starting the race in grid-order.

    If a car drops out of the pace lap or crashes, the app assumes that he'll rejoin at the back and start from the back. Things can get messy if there are formation lap incidents and the app can only do its best here

    Once the race starts at the end of the formation lap, the app will give its regular racing calls (so you don't need to switch this mode off during the race).
    Very nice, we could have used this over the last few weeks, excellent thankyou ;-)

Similar Threads

  1. [PC] TCSR Touring Car League
    By Nakamuza in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16-04-2018, 06:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •