Thread: NEWBIE Questions

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

NEWBIE Questions

Is it possible to compete in time trials without damage turned on? It seems not, but I can't manage very many laps in an F1 car at speed without sustaining some damage. I can't find a workaround.

Ghost lap times. They should be a doddle to add. No amount of trying to add the selected ghost (further down the roster) seems to actually add it to the race. Im doing my best to read the simple on screen instructions but keep ending up on the profile of the driver whose ghost/time I want to race, without adding the ghost.

I assume Im not the only one who put in dozens of laps on Azure Circuit today, what with it being Monaco GP day today!

Brand new to PC2. Best driving game Ive ever owned, loving it!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Hi. Welcome
    TT - nope. It's fixed and that's it. That's the point of TT. Everyone has exactly the same conditions, except car setup.
    Ghost laps - I've given up on this on PS4. I have in the past been able to add a ghost but it kinda seems random on PS4. I've just accepted that on PS4, it doesn't work.

It's a great game. It's got some flaws... you'll find lots of complaints in the forums. Anyway, I still like it too and it's the best I've seen available for PS4.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Hi. Welcome
    TT - nope. It's fixed and that's it. That's the point of TT. Everyone has exactly the same conditions, except car setup.
    Ghost laps - I've given up on this on PS4. I have in the past been able to add a ghost but it kinda seems random on PS4. I've just accepted that on PS4, it doesn't work.

It's a great game. It's got some flaws... you'll find lots of complaints in the forums. Anyway, I still like it too and it's the best I've seen available for PS4.
    Hi, and thanks AK!
    Fast forward a few hours, it seems ghosts data is only saved for the top 30 drivers times. It would be a fantastically better experience (Im whinging) if ghost data was available for more cars, so drivers (not near the top 30) could find a time close to their own to learn from.
    Last edited by Harry Pitstop; 02-06-2018 at 12:53.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Track times

Cant seem to see if its possible to save/find the fastest lap time data for each different car on a different track. I can only see my single fastest lap time on the leaderboards in one car, the F1 car. Lap times are only ever saved for the F1 car that I can see. Are lap times stored locally for best lap in different cars to go back to?

Platform
    PS4
    I think they're times pulled from your TT efforts. Not PT or race. So if you've set your fastest time's at that track in a formula car, your GT times will be slower and won't show I guess.
    Someone in the know please correct me.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 02-06-2018 at 15:17.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Leaderboards are unfortunately grouped in huge classes. The reason behind it is that SMS only have access to a finite number of leaderboards on consoles. For example all formel cars are in the same group. So if you set a Time Trial lap with Formula Rookie at a track, and then beat that time with a Formula X, only the Formula X time is saved.

A workaround is to use in of the many 3rd party programs, that records your every laptime/telemetry. If you're on console, that requires an extra piece of equipment such as a laptop, android device or ios device.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, XBox One OG, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Leaderboards are unfortunately grouped in huge classes. The reason behind it is that SMS only have access to a finite number of leaderboards on consoles. For example all formel cars are in the same group. So if you set a Time Trial lap with Formula Rookie at a track, and then beat that time with a Formula X, only the Formula X time is saved.

A workaround is to use in of the many 3rd party programs, that records your every laptime/telemetry. If you're on console, that requires an extra piece of equipment such as a laptop, android device or ios device.
    What does SMS stand for in this instance?
    And there is no way of importing data, is there? Whats is the principle of having a tablet/console working together?

And I see now, you're right. Thankfully there are lots of groups of car classes with times saved. And not just one time per track. I was thinking (having only been trying formula Rookie, and formula X on time trials) that only the tracks fastest ever lap times showed, which explains why I only see Formula X cars in the top 30. Very helpful, thanks.

Ive been doing a fair bit of reversing Why may I ask, is reverse (accessed by braking when stopped) sometimes so very difficult to select on various cars?

Finally, is there an online leaderboard of ALL best times, or any way of finding out how many people one is effectively competing against and playing? i.e. 400th out of how many thousand for example?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    SMS = Slightly Mad Studios, creators of Project CARS 1 and 2.

I use the following link to get an idea of my pace. Only PC player times though, but still very useful:
    http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, XBox One OG, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Consoles can send data to laptops/tablets via a protocol called UDP. Do a search on UDP here on the forum to find out how it works. On www.projectcarsgame.com, press 'Help hub', then scroll down to Apps to find a list of 3rd party programs. I highly recommend Crew chief, an alternate Race engineer, that works on Windows and Android.
    For lap times and telemetry, I mainly use vrHive.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    SMS = Slightly Mad Studios, creators of Project CARS 1 and 2.

I use the following link to get an idea of my pace.
    Im perplexed at the total number of recorded lap times per track being in the hundreds, not thousands even though those stats are just those recorded on the steam community. Thinking about it, its actually probably a case of not everyone gravitating to time trials. So time trials stats are only recorded for those who have taken part in the actual time trials (doh! )

I'll search the telemetry stuff too, thank you.
    Last edited by Harry Pitstop; 02-06-2018 at 17:54.