Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Show us your pets

Platform
    PC
    hahah they are a lovely lot. They broke red bull's F1 pit stop record by a whopping .900 tenths!
    PC Racing since 1990 (arcade games: Stunts 4D Sports Driving & Sports Car GT), (Sim: Geoff Crammond Microprose Grand Prix 1,2,3,4).
    Current PC Specs: I7 6850 -- Asus Strix X99 -- 32GB@3200 -- EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid FTW3 -- LG 34" 2560x1080 @ 75hz -- Logitech G27
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I have just recently been approved for a new medication (adalimumab) also (currently on Methotrexate injections weekly) but after last time they changed my meds nearly killed me im to scared to try this new one , even though this new one is a biologic and supposedly cleaner for me im just hangin with my meth ,lol

I cant drink because my liver gets a pounding from these crappy meds , i think ive drank enough in my lifetime for 5 men though so i dont miss it anymore .
    Sorry about your condition(s) BigDad. The new medication you are going to try(adalimumab) is very scary. Hundreds of thousands of reported adverse reactions to these drugs in the states. Wasn't your med I had an issue with but an immune supressant(Imuran, mainly used for transplant patients)Take note of the more severe possibilities and don't tough it out. I made a mistake and tried to put up with my meds and almost took out my liver and could barely walk. Finally my doctor relented, I should have been more forceful. Well now I have high Cholesterol and one of my doctors wanted to put me on Lipotor, I declined which really ticked him off, too bad.

One of my dogs(a lab like in my Avatar) has pancreatic cancer. She is on Prednisone until her time comes. I take the same med so I know how she feels, I wish I could communicate with her to explain what she is feeling. She is getting around much better with the meds but she has become food obsessed, due to the meds. We had 3 Chicken Hibachi diners we were going to warm up in the microwave, my wife put hers in first and me and my brother's dinners were on the counter waiting in turn. But she started hers and then walked off5555555555(see my cat helping me type). Well Georgia nailed both dinners off the counter and ate them all. She scattered some rice around the floor but being a basically good dog she enthusiastically cleaned it up.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Sorry about your condition(s) BigDad. The new medication you are going to try(adalimumab) is very scary. Hundreds of thousands of reported adverse reactions to these drugs in the states. Wasn't your med I had an issue with but an immune supressant(Imuran, mainly used for transplant patients)Take note of the more severe possibilities and don't tough it out. I made a mistake and tried to put up with my meds and almost took out my liver and could barely walk. Finally my doctor relented, I should have been more forceful. Well now I have high Cholesterol and one of my doctors wanted to put me on Lipotor, I declined which really ticked him off, too bad.

One of my dogs(a lab like in my Avatar) has pancreatic cancer. She is on Prednisone until her time comes. I take the same med so I know how she feels, I wish I could communicate with her to explain what she is feeling. She is getting around much better with the meds but she has become food obsessed, due to the meds. We had 3 Chicken Hibachi diners we were going to warm up in the microwave, my wife put hers in first and me and my brother's dinners were on the counter waiting in turn. But she started hers and then walked off5555555555(see my cat helping me type). Well Georgia nailed both dinners off the counter and ate them all. She scattered some rice around the floor but being a basically good dog she enthusiastically cleaned it up.
    Talking about being forceful... I actually slammed my fist down on the doctor's desk last week. They had me on a reduced dosage all year long (1x 1 injection p/ 3 weeks, instead of every 2 weeks) and I kept saying it was getting worse and worse again, until the skin on my face was just gone after a shower. Burned like hell and wound fluids like sweat was dripping off of my face. Which for me was just the switch for saying "till here and no further". Now I am back on every 2 weeks with the injections, but before my skin is restored again and all the (subdermal) inflammation has gone done it'll be a while. Already starting to slowly feel better though as I had my first bi-weekly shot again this week since it was 2 weeks since my last one.

I don't give a **** anymore about pissing off doctors. They don't know everything and sometimes you have medicine, and especially cheaper brands, who use different types or different quantities of additives to the medicine which can in fact cause you to get an immune response. Heck, I had an ointment called Elocon by MSD which contains phosphoric acid. First of all if you have a damaged skin to poor an acid (a corrosive substance) on it isn't a good idea. The worst is the cheaper stuf is called "Mometasone furoate" (by the 'active' substance's medical name) and that is made by Mylan. Guess what they did... they didn't use just phosphoric acid but they used concentrated phosphoric acid instead. You can guess why the above happened to my face.
    When I confronted my doctors with that fact they just pulled up their shoulders and said we don't know what it does in there but all the reports said that the product should work without issue bla bla bla. Maybe for psoriasis patients it does to help remove the dead skin cells that don't want to flake off, as happens with all animals naturally hence we have to dust our living spaces. But yeah... don't be afraid to voice your opinion at a doctor and always try to go with two people at a time, because two know more than one.

Prednison is something I used a lot as well. In 2017 my body was so far gone that even that didn't do anything anymore and I couldn't even consume diary products anymore without an immune response.
    What didn't I use... Myfortic, Cellcept, Neoral (Ciclosporine), Imuran (azathioprine). The last one, Imuran, made me vomit until I vomited blood and I called the emergency doctors office at night: me"what should I doctor do quit or reduce slowly?", doctor "I dunno, I don't know what it is. What do you wanna do?", me "well you're the doctor, not me", doctor "yeah, hmm... I dunno", me "Well, then i'll quit with this junk right away". Since that call I've been very decisive myself when I notice side-effects that are intolerable and will stop on my own accord and call in for an appointment asap.

Lastly, do your own research and look up all the ingredients of the medicines you're taking and their toxicology reports. There's some really nasty stuff out there and when you read those toxicology reports you can sometimes get a really good guess why you are getting certain reactions, which isn't always by the active ingredient.

I sincerely wish all of you folks and pets out there who are struggling with their health a Merry Christmas and a hopefully much healthier 2020. Ya'll deserve it!
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Talking about being forceful... I actually slammed my fist down on the doctor's desk last week. They had me on a reduced dosage all year long (1x 1 injection p/ 3 weeks, instead of every 2 weeks) and I kept saying it was getting worse and worse again, until the skin on my face was just gone after a shower. Burned like hell and wound fluids like sweat was dripping off of my face. Which for me was just the switch for saying "till here and no further". Now I am back on every 2 weeks with the injections, but before my skin is restored again and all the (subdermal) inflammation has gone done it'll be a while. Already starting to slowly feel better though as I had my first bi-weekly shot again this week since it was 2 weeks since my last one.

I don't give a **** anymore about pissing off doctors. They don't know everything and sometimes you have medicine, and especially cheaper brands, who use different types or different quantities of additives to the medicine which can in fact cause you to get an immune response. Heck, I had an ointment called Elocon by MSD which contains phosphoric acid. First of all if you have a damaged skin to poor an acid (a corrosive substance) on it isn't a good idea. The worst is the cheaper stuf is called "Mometasone furoate" (by the 'active' substance's medical name) and that is made by Mylan. Guess what they did... they didn't use just phosphoric acid but they used concentrated phosphoric acid instead. You can guess why the above happened to my face.
    When I confronted my doctors with that fact they just pulled up their shoulders and said we don't know what it does in there but all the reports said that the product should work without issue bla bla bla. Maybe for psoriasis patients it does to help remove the dead skin cells that don't want to flake off, as happens with all animals naturally hence we have to dust our living spaces. But yeah... don't be afraid to voice your opinion at a doctor and always try to go with two people at a time, because two know more than one.

Prednison is something I used a lot as well. In 2017 my body was so far gone that even that didn't do anything anymore and I couldn't even consume diary products anymore without an immune response.
    What didn't I use... Myfortic, Cellcept, Neoral (Ciclosporine), Imuran (azathioprine). The last one, Imuran, made me vomit until I vomited blood and I called the emergency doctors office at night: me"what should I doctor do quit or reduce slowly?", doctor "I dunno, I don't know what it is. What do you wanna do?", me "well you're the doctor, not me", doctor "yeah, hmm... I dunno", me "Well, then i'll quit with this junk right away". Since that call I've been very decisive myself when I notice side-effects that are intolerable and will stop on my own accord and call in for an appointment asap.

Lastly, do your own research and look up all the ingredients of the medicines you're taking and their toxicology reports. There's some really nasty stuff out there and when you read those toxicology reports you can sometimes get a really good guess why you are getting certain reactions, which isn't always by the active ingredient.

I sincerely wish all of you folks and pets out there who are struggling with their health a Merry Christmas and a hopefully much healthier 2020. Ya'll deserve it!
    Phoeee sorry to hear this m8. We always take a good health for granted but that is often not the case of course. Have the evidence here in my house. My wife suffers from syringomyelie and fibromyalgie. Will not go deep into this but also two very nasty diseases.

Anyway, same to you Christiaan. Merry Christmas and a happy and more healthy 2020. Not only to you but to all the forum members of course.

Ps:wanted to click the like button but it felt not applicable in this case.
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 08-12-2019 at 08:45.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    doctor "I dunno, I don't know what it is. What do you wanna do?", me "well you're the doctor, not me", doctor "yeah, hmm... I dunno",
    Yeah, I had almost the same conversation with 2 of my first doctors, they both ended up dumping me. The 1st because he was getting close to retirement and I was a problem case, I have ended up with a doctor who is 120 miles away but I only have to see him every 4 months now since I am better so it's ok. The 2nd because the Plasmapheresis treatments he is the expert in nearly killed me twice(I was his first patient in 30 years that failed). Fortunately I am doing much better on Cellcept, sorry I didn't start with this instead of Imuran. Here the issue with Cellcept was it wasn't covered by many insurance companies because of a US study result for my disease, even though it is widely used in the rest of the world. Since I am old enough for Medicare now I can get it. Over here there is only the option to use generics unless you are prepared for a fight. It seems as though any long term use of these drugs are problematic, at some point I will have to switch.

With Georgia I had the possibility to go to the University Veterinary Clinic for surgery and/or Chemotherapy but the ultimate outcome would be the same and the expense dramatic. My vet reluctantly offered to attempt surgery but it would be difficult because of the danger of nicking a blood vessel in such tight confines. We came up with the prednisone alternative, I didn't want to end up disliking my vet because she died in surgery as had happened before with another of my dogs who had cancer of the spleen.

I have allergies but lucky for me I can tolerate them. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats and I feel blessed to be able to have them around. I also feed another menagerie of animals including 7 cats, 4 to eight deer, raccoons, a possum, sometimes foxes, myriad birds and what ever else shows up in my neighborhood.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Platform
    PC
    Edit because TMI sorry.

That and of course i have God with me

Merry Christmas to all and may God Bless you and your Families and pets and i hope the New Year brings better health and prosperity to all .
    Last edited by BigDad; 08-12-2019 at 13:43.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Edit because TMI sorry.

That and of course i have God with me

Merry Christmas to all and may God Bless you and your Families and pets and i hope the New Year brings better health and prosperity to all .
    right back at you !
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Yamaha 5.1 amp \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 , Clubsport Shifter SQ , Clubsport Formula Carbon , BMW GT2 Wheel , CSR Pedals \ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, cpcdem

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Oh well, I am suffering from major respiratory issues due to my own allergies (not to pets at least) and the effects of them are often quite dramatic (there have been times in the past when I could not get out of the house at all for several weeks in a row), but reading what you guys are going through, I feel I cannot complain much really. And fortunately I am getting better in the last years. Anyway, since we are on wishing mode, wishing you all indeed a much healthier 2020 and beyond!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, Christiaan van Beilen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello from my snooty fur companion.
    I've been seeing a lot of cat beds on sale all over the internet and in a pet store and I am planning to purchase one but I am not that sure if Snow will like it. I have cats before and none of them is a fan of the pet bed. They love to relax on the sofa or occupy my bed during nap time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Champagne.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	275862
    Last edited by mrgrtt123; 20-12-2019 at 01:09.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fiyah, Konan

Platform
    PC
    My cats use them (not always of course). You just have to place it in a safe zone where they are somewhat protected and still have a good view through the rest of the room.
    At least mine hate it to have their backs unprotected or not being able to scan the room.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Konan