Thread: Are there enough people playing online?

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Are there enough people playing online?

Hello, i want to buy PC2, i already played PC on xbox and really enjoyed it! So my question is, are there enough players or is online dead? do i have to wait for 1h to find one or two players? i know i can just play singleplayer but i am not into that. im a conpetitive guy, i want to be the best, the number one, and in singleplayer its not the same, if you understand.

already thank you :)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Yes, with qualifiers.
    As you have described yourself, there are plenty of leagues that race on the Xbox platform, enough that you could likely have a league race every day of the week if you tried. Now that we are so many months away from release, most of you "competitors" have found homes and are never at loss for someone to race. Apex Online Racing and Actrollvision are but two, both really well regarded, and that's just two. And only just two English leagues at that. There are also plenty of "groups" in the Xbox environment you can join as well which will link you up with races, and you don't need to commit to a league format.

The online lobby count on the Xbox is not as robust as the PS4 lobby, it must be said - however, it seems to me the Xbox lobbies are more populated during peak North America times rather than European or Asian peak times. That has just been an observation of mine (which works fine for me as I live in NA). That said, it is very rare that I've set up a lobby on the Xbox and not had takers (I usually do GT4/GT3/GTE races though which helps). Furthermore, the actual racers themselves on Xbox seem far more courteous than their PS4 brothers and sisters. I can't tell you how many times in a Xbox race where I've spun out, and 1-2 of the other contestants will actually pull over and wait for me to catch up so we can go at it again. And, I do the same in turn. Much less likely to happen over on the PS4 side. I don't mean to paint with a broad brush there, but some of the PS4 lobbies and races can be brutal. That's not been my experience when playing PC2 on Xbox.

So, yes, definitely recommend buying it for Xbox, you won't be at a loss for quality, competitive racing if you can do a little research.

Good luck.
    PSN: SeenTheCityPhish
    Xbox: TheNorthFace77
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    There's definitely some good organised racing out there now and I am sure you will find something of what you want.

I race in an Indycar League which has completed the first two rounds and has the next one coming up this weekend. You can find it here:- http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018

You can also find some fun racing here as well :- http://www.thedsrl.com/c3-active-dsrl-championships and if vintage F1 is your thing check out some racing here on this forum:- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...d-Championship

Things have definitely improved on pCars 2 since patch 5 and multiplayer lobbies have become much more stable.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you go to the online random lobbies there are usually 15-30 lobbies most of the time (or atleast the times I go on) However, with that being said, there are more people on in private lobbies like mentioned.(which you will not see) Either its a league or just private made lobbies where people get together through FaceBook groups, the forums etc.

Lobbies have been very stable for me as well. The key is knowing how to setup your internet properly. I never have disconnections either.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    do people really want to race random people online?
    I enjoy this game a lot when it works properly, but I would rather race in a set series or league where the cars and circuits are determined well in advance and i can practice for them.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, The_Senser

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I race all the time in random lobbies online. I think it's a ton of fun and haven't really encountered any problems... never really explored leagues and championships though
    The following user likes this Post: racesafegrandad

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I would say: if you are in GT racing, you should not have issues to find public servers to race on. Most of my public server experience was OK
    As someone said, there is also some Xbox groups focused around Pcars2 that organize races everyday or so

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I guess that depends on what you mean by "enough." I usually only have time to play weekend mornings, and I typically see 15 to 20 public lobbies. I rarely have time to play during the week, so I'm not sure how many people are on then.

Superkart Pilot racesafegrandad's Avatar
    Platform
    PS4
    I race classic F1 and G40s all the time and get lots of great races.
    You start your lobby, go do something else and nobody joins you. So you start the lobby again, go do something else, get back with 5 minutes to go in qualifying and OMG an almost full grid and you need to get out there and get a good lap in.
    Lots of fun plus most of the idiots have now gone so the racing can be good.