Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Fanatec Podium Series

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Boeschen View Post
    not every DD is smooth. The hybrid-stepper/servo motor in the Accuforce DDs for example is very notchy and has a lot of cogging, the CSW Bases are a LOT smoother for example. In fact, the CSW v2.5 is maybe even equal to some high-end DDs in terms of smoothness/notchiness, you really cant fell any notchiness/cogging at all, it turns already really smoothly.
    The V2.5 isn't smoother than an Accuforce. I've been experimenting with both recently, and used to own a V2. If you don't dial the AF in, you might have that issue. But all you have to do is tune the wheel. There's no cogging or notchiness. The AF with PCars, feels more realistic than any belt driven wheel I've ever tried. OSW is better and Podium probably will be, too. But the CSW bases are not even close.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    I don't find any notchiness either with the Accuforce, every other belt or gear wheel I have tried I have though.

With regards to peak torques that is very interesting on the OSW, different ways of advertising it appears.

What does concern me though is looking at the figures for the Mige motors and lets assume the Podium with the same sort of torque is similar, it would look to achieve around 24Nm peak you need something around a 500w ish PSU, how the hell have they crammed that into the base and surely that is going to generate some heat, this is my primary concern with the Podium.

Every other DD wheel uses an external control box, PC if you like with the PSU externally, I understand why they have done it for plug and play purposes and for easy set up but I think that will be a weak point, as said the PSU will be the first thing to give up.

The Accuforce base is huge and if you see a teardown of it most of that space is empty except for a circuit board at the back, no fans just empty space.

I would be very interested to hear how much heat is generated from it.
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I don't find any notchiness either with the Accuforce, every other belt or gear wheel I have tried I have though.

With regards to peak torques that is very interesting on the OSW, different ways of advertising it appears.

What does concern me though is looking at the figures for the Mige motors and lets assume the Podium with the same sort of torque is similar, it would look to achieve around 24Nm peak you need something around a 500w ish PSU, how the hell have they crammed that into the base and surely that is going to generate some heat, this is my primary concern with the Podium.

Every other DD wheel uses an external control box, PC if you like with the PSU externally, I understand why they have done it for plug and play purposes and for easy set up but I think that will be a weak point, as said the PSU will be the first thing to give up.

The Accuforce base is huge and if you see a teardown of it most of that space is empty except for a circuit board at the back, no fans just empty space.

I would be very interested to hear how much heat is generated from it.
    I guess you are not sensitive to cogging then. A Logitech Wheel has enormous cogging, even with Thrustmaster wheels (including their high end TS-PC Racer) you can clearly feel the cogging..

And Fanatec never stated that their PSU is internal. The PSU will be external as you can read on the Webshop description
    | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.5 GHz @ 1.300 V @ NZXT Kraken X62 AiO Water Cooler | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW @ 2076/5500 MHz @ GeForce 390.77
    | Mobo: Asus Z170-Deluxe @ Bios 3703 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-2800 MHz @ 1.350 V (XMP)
    | PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
    | Sound: Creative X-Fi Titanium @ Edifier S550 Encore 5.1 Soundsystem
    | Monitor: Asus PG348Q 21:9 UltraWide G-Sync Monitor @ 3440x1440
    | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

| Wheel: CSW v2.5 Beta (USB, FW 317/018) | Pedals: CSP v3i (Base, FW 1.30) | Driver: 293
    | Tuning Menu: SEn: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: OFF | AbS: OFF | drI: - 01 | For: 100 | SPr: OFF | dPr: OFF

| FFB: Jack Spade Standard Low Comp DD SopDiff 100/45/45/10

| Graphics: Texture Filtering: Aniso 16x | V-Sync: On -> G-Sync | MSAA: High | Reflections: High | E-Map: High | Car Details: Ultra | Track Details: Ultra | Pitcrew Details: All | Shadows: Ultra | Enhanced Mirrors: On | Motion Blur: Off | Pre-Rendered frames ahead: 1 | Detailed Gras: High | Particle Quality: High | Particle Density: Ultra

WMD 1 & WMD 2 Member

Platform
    PC
    I guess you are not sensitive to cogging then. A Logitech Wheel has enormous cogging, even with Thrustmaster wheels (including their high end TS-PC Racer) you can clearly feel the cogging..

And Fanatec never stated that their PSU is internal. The PSU will be external as you can read on the Webshop description
    Or you just used tried a wheel that wasn't tuned properly. I felt cogging in TM and Fanatec wheels. Not getting that with the AF.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Platform
    PC

If you re read I said every other wheel I have tried I have felt cogging, Momo, G25, T500, G27 etc but not with the Accuforce.

I read this on the Fanatec site, Integrated electronics within wheel base housing, no external control box required. but then it's says external PSU, either way it has fans on it so there is some heat generated.
    Last edited by Charger; 18-07-2018 at 19:39.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    If you re read I said every other wheel I have tried I have felt cogging, Momo, G25, T500, G27 etc but not with the Accuforce.
    Ah okay, misunderstood ^^
    | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.5 GHz @ 1.300 V @ NZXT Kraken X62 AiO Water Cooler | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW @ 2076/5500 MHz @ GeForce 390.77
    | Mobo: Asus Z170-Deluxe @ Bios 3703 | RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 @ DDR4-2800 MHz @ 1.350 V (XMP)
    | PSU: Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W
    | Sound: Creative X-Fi Titanium @ Edifier S550 Encore 5.1 Soundsystem
    | Monitor: Asus PG348Q 21:9 UltraWide G-Sync Monitor @ 3440x1440
    | OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

| Wheel: CSW v2.5 Beta (USB, FW 317/018) | Pedals: CSP v3i (Base, FW 1.30) | Driver: 293
    | Tuning Menu: SEn: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: OFF | AbS: OFF | drI: - 01 | For: 100 | SPr: OFF | dPr: OFF

| FFB: Jack Spade Standard Low Comp DD SopDiff 100/45/45/10

| Graphics: Texture Filtering: Aniso 16x | V-Sync: On -> G-Sync | MSAA: High | Reflections: High | E-Map: High | Car Details: Ultra | Track Details: Ultra | Pitcrew Details: All | Shadows: Ultra | Enhanced Mirrors: On | Motion Blur: Off | Pre-Rendered frames ahead: 1 | Detailed Gras: High | Particle Quality: High | Particle Density: Ultra

WMD 1 & WMD 2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Charger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Fanatec had a graph of Torque Ripple they showed at the livestream.
    Thomas detailed about how the Podium was designed to be very smooth.
    It is likely the "26Nm Servo" motor is the Leo Bodnar.
    The "Hybrid Stepper" is likely the Accuforce.
    Clubsport Wheelbase "CSW V2.5" is the blue line.

Torque Ripple is defined as "an effect seen in many electric motor designs, referring to a periodic increase or decrease in output torque as the motor shaft rotates. It is measured as the difference in maximum and minimum torque over one complete revolution."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fanatec Torque Ripple 1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	257769
    Last edited by GJones88; 18-07-2018 at 23:40.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
    The amperage from sheet is RMS (root mean square), what you enter in Granity is POS (peak of sine).
    You just multiply it by 1.41421356237 (square of two)
    For small Mige it's 9.1A RMS X 1.4142 = 12.87A POS.

Source: https://forum.virtualracing.org/show...=1#post2175476

You can also overdrive motor, it's fairly safe for our application. The link covers that too.

What I really want to see is what PSU they are using, as this is second to motor critical part. Also one that will give up first if anything.

I cant overdrive mine because I have the big mige.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/