Page 120 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121 LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1202

Thread: Fanatec Podium Series

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Apart from nature calls, would you need to get out of it?
    Agree not much to get up for! He can definitely sleep on the rig (depends on chair). He could eat with a simrig delivery service!
    Wheel Settings All of My Games (Slow WIP 8/2019)
    PC's used during WMD 2
    PC 1 Win 10 Home 64bit MSI 970 Gamer/FX-8350(4.2), 16GB Crucial, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC (MSI AfterBurner 1100 and 1425)
    PC 2 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime X370-Pro/Ryzen 7 1700X 3.77 GHz, 32 GB Corsair Veng 3200 @ 2933,
    MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 120/89/137/425)
    PC 3 Win 10 Home 64bit ASUS Prime Z270-A/i7 7700K 4.5 GHz, 32 GB GSKILL Trident White 3200, EVGA SC GTX 1070 (MSI AfterBurner 109/89/124/425) Oculus Rift CV1 (VR Cover for eyewear)

Monitor LG 29" Ultrawide 2560x1080
    Steam, Origin, Uplay, and Epic (GTsimms)
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Apart from nature calls, would you need to get out of it?
    Wife says: yes.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Ah yes, that sounds familiar.
    There's no way my wife agrees to a rig in our living room (where our PC is), so it's table clamp + office chair for me for the foreseeable future.
    With this setup a DD wheel or probably even a CSW 2.5 + loadcell pedals doesn't make sense in my case unfortunately.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I have the same thoughts. I don't know if I will enjoy sim racing more than I do now. Of course it will be a better wheel but I'm not a professional gamer. I like to race and the gear I have atm does the job fine. On the other hand, I want it just because I want it. LoL.
    I'll only get a DD when /if my CSWv2 is dies. It does the job beautifully atm. The money would go to motion before DD as i have a decent wheel as is. Still gotta get my triples yet.
    Each their own though.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: AOC 27" 1080p triples 5760x1080 / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    I'll only get a DD when /if my CSWv2 is dies. It does the job beautifully atm. The money would go to motion before DD as i have a decent wheel as is. Still gotta get my triples yet.
    Each their own though.
    Agreed. My wheel does the job fine and as for a motion rig...... I would love that...
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Agreed. My wheel does the job fine and as for a motion rig...... I would love that...
    I will say I always enjoyed Sim racing No matter what the wheel... Way back when I had the Microsoft wheel... It worked Great on Dirt Rally and the 1st Grid and I thought yeah this is It ... I Had No Idea of how Good FFB could really Get... when I went from v2 to v2.5 although the total power/Nm of the wheel was the same I immediately felt a difference in Subtle FFB feel which Idunno why but it made the wheel feel stronger... Perhaps because of the Smoother Faster FFB Ramp up...When the Fanatec DD wheels were announced I wasnt convinced that I Needed 1 because the v2.5 felt sooo Good... after Reading and Reading post after post on How DD wheels offered sooo Much more Morpwr and Haiden finally got Me on the DD wheel boat but I still wasn't convinced i Needed a DD... I had it in My Head that if it weren't considerably Better I would sell it... I was day 1 pre order so I figured I could make a modest profit too ...When The DD2 finally arrived and I used it for the 1st time I knew that I could Never go back to the v2.5 gain!!! the Realistic wheel weight it puts out while still maintaining the Faintest Subtle FFB details was a Game Changer!!! Now 1yr later the Dr and wheel Fw is Maturing and the Feel on the latest Dr/Fw 353 has upped the anty again!!! Aaaaw man DD is the way to Go!!! Yes you can enjoy sim racing with any wheel but if you want to be totally immersed Its DD or Nothing.... I don't have tripple but when I use VR with the DD2 the Subtle FFB feel and Realistic Wheel weight that a DD provides is way beyond what it was with the v2.5

The Best way I can Sum the Difference between Non DD wheels to DD wheels is Many of us started out on this Forum as Console Pcars1 players... BigDad was the 1st 1 i remember to switch to PC and he Raged about how much better PC was over console... Mopwr, Haiden made the switch and reported the same...then My Self and Olijke Poffer and a few others I cant remember all made the jump to PC.... We Never Looked Back at Console Racing again!!! Going DD wheel is the same.

Yes You can still enjoy Sim Racing Console or PC, DD wheel or Non DD wheel... But once you experience the Higher Levels of Immersion DD wheels and PC Sim Racing provides its Really Hard to Go back to where the Immersion is Less.

Best Advice you don't want to get Hooked Don't Try a DD wheel until your ready to Buy 1.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 14-01-2020 at 16:38.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Asturbo, Haiden, morpwr, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I will say I always enjoyed Sim racing No matter what the wheel... Way back when I had the Microsoft wheel... It worked Great on Dirt Rally and the 1st Grid and I thought yeah this is It ... I Had No Idea of how Good FFB could really Get... when I went from v2 to v2.5 although the total power/Nm of the wheel was the same I immediately felt a difference in Subtle FFB feel which Idunno why but it made the wheel feel stronger... Perhaps because of the Smoother Faster FFB Ramp up...When the Fanatec DD wheels were announced I wasnt convinced that I Needed 1 because the v2.5 felt sooo Good... after Reading and Reading post after post on How DD wheels offered sooo Much more Morpwr and Haiden finally got Me on the DD wheel boat but I still wasn't convinced i Needed a DD... I had it in My Head that if it weren't considerably Better I would sell it... I was day 1 pre order so I figured I could make a modest profit too ...When The DD2 finally arrived and I used it for the 1st time I knew that I could Never go back to the v2.5 gain!!! the Realistic wheel weight it puts out while still maintaining the Faintest Subtle FFB details was a Game Changer!!! Now 1yr later the Dr and wheel Fw is Maturing and the Feel on the latest Dr/Fw 353 has upped the anty again!!! Aaaaw man DD is the way to Go!!! Yes you can enjoy sim racing with any wheel but if you want to be totally immersed Its DD or Nothing.... I don't have tripple but when I use VR with the DD2 the Subtle FFB feel and Realistic Wheel weight that a DD provides is way beyond what it was with the v2.5

The Best way I can Sum the Difference between Non DD wheels to DD wheels is Many of us started out on this Forum as Console Pcars1 players... BigDad was the 1st 1 i remember to switch to PC and he Raged about how much better PC was over console... Mopwr, Haiden made the switch and reported the same...then My Self and Olijke Poffer and a few others I cant remember all made the jump to PC.... We Never Looked Back at Console Racing again!!! Going DD wheel is the same.

Yes You can still enjoy Sim Racing Console or PC, DD wheel or Non DD wheel... But once you experience the Higher Levels of Immersion DD wheels and PC Sim Racing provides its Really Hard to Go back to where the Immersion is Less.

Best Advice you don't want to get Hooked Don't Try a DD wheel until your ready to Buy 1.
    Lol...
    I’m sure a DD will makes a huge difference. That is what I’m afraid of. Would love to test a DD wheel but once done, there is no way back like you said.
    Anyway, atm it is out of my range, money wise. Perhaps one day I have the money but I don’t think It will be very soon.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    If going motion than I urge you guys to get a G-Force seat first, because it is the only device that can simulate the sustained pressure on the body that you would feel from G-Forces.
    Motion is only for the G-Force spikes and shaking up the balance organ in our brains.

The reason why I say a seat is better than a Motion Platform, is because it is of higher value to know what the car is doing weight wise and if the car is in a steady state or upset. This contrary to knowing pitch and yaw from motion or traction loss from motion, which has value but less.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Never heard of a G-Force seat before..

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Never heard of a G-Force seat before..
    Shame on you as they are around for more than half a decade now.

https://simxperience.com/products/mo...s-5g-seat.aspx

Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer