Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 969

Thread: Fanatec Podium Series

  1. #741
    GT5 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,729
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Lack of podium reviews. Every day I see if Barry Roland at sim garage has reviewed one, and taken it apart with scrupulous attention to details. Nothing yet.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, GrimeyDog, Haiden


  2. #742
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,061
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebagbud View Post
    Possibly but sim community has never been one that holds back just becasuse something isnt finished - in fact the total opposite!

    I wonder if the reviewers are under some sort of NDA until the software has been issued , but still doesnt explain the lack of feedback from the normal users though
    To name reviewer 1 Shaun Cole said its going to be a long time before he gives a full review...He sited using a OSW for over a year and having spent many hours dialing it in to taste he Needs to spend more time with the DD2 to be totally fair...Seems that No one wants to be the first to give a review other than that I have No clue why people are Quiet...agree its really weird because i been looking for top reviewers /well know reviewers with experience with different DD wheel brands to do a review also... I've seen a few reviews from people but their review will be No better than mine because just like Me its their First DD wheel experience ever

    All I can say its clearly gives better subtle FFB feel than the v2.5 and the power difference is obvious which is what most are saying... The 2 reviews i want to see most is "The Sim Racing Garage" for the wheel base tear down and "The Sim Pit, Shaun Cole"... I consider both their equipment performance reviews equally fair and unbiased.

    One thing for sure is that Sim racing in general should get a real boost from Fanatecs DD wheel line up Especially console!!! It proves that it don't matter if its Arcade or Sim Racing console Racers are serious about it enough that they will spend Big $$$ to do it... The PS4 wheel was $1,499.xx and Fanatec had No problem selling it..It also works PC & Xbox1... DD2/DD1 just work on PC & Xbox1.

    The Future Looks Bright for Sim Racing

    Edit: Aaaaw Man!!! I'm using the DD2 Now and IMO its Great!!! Thats My Review... LOL
    To date every Fanatec wheel has gotten better and better... I think that the Fanatec DD is going to be a Huge Milestone and even if its Not rated top tier in its price range it will Raise the bar and other DD makers will have to up the anty on Quality and features to stay on top... The on wheel info OLED is Great!!! Many will be very surprised to see how strong 6+ Nm actually feels when cornering constantly... Most probably race well below the 10Nm mark and don't realize it.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 15-05-2019 at 19:54.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  3. #743
    GT5 Pilot inthebagbud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    all over the place like my driving!
    Posts
    1,818
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Understood, maybe i'll have to wait till I get a few more guys to get back to me. If you're all on the same line than I have to look into it and see what's going on, even though it will be difficult as I don't have the same hardware.

    The only thing I did was add Mz and Mx into the mix, which are tyre forces that should be there in STM going by old graphs in WMD1 (the one for the original Project CARS) that I can't disclose due to the NDA. I've added them into it just like the other tyre forces got entered into the mix.


    I did notice I made a mistake just now though. That is to put the Soft lock before the volume control, so you'd control the soft lock as well. Which is undesired. I've updated the previous file just now but I've also included it below. I've renamed it and version numbered this one to v0.01 in order to keep track of the changes.
    Hi I had another go with your revised file however it still didn't feel right . I m not as eloquent as others in describing the action but I found the wheel weight and transfer some what strange. On the straights it felt heavy even with in game volume down at 30/ 35 . The weight transfer in corners when from heavy /light very quick and seemed exaggerated . I played with the tone which did manage to reduce this but not to a comfortable level . Gain seemed to make no difference and I~ used FX at 0 .

    Its time for me now to leave alone for a few days as I have gone FFB stir crazy again
    ]CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 16GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:Aut | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | dri:0.03 | For:100 | SPr:Off | dPr:Off | brF:100|
    FFB: JS Low Comp 100|50/60|50/40|25 plus anti jolt | RAW 100/77/30/50 |
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen


  4. #744
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    4,061
    Platform
    PC
    RRE is shaping up even More!!! If you look at the sector3 podium thread the squabbles are beginning about what DD is better... Common POV bickering stuff... Let every 1 like what they like Simple thats probably another reason why most reviewers are staying away from the Fanatec DD review topic for Now.

    Side Note I'm a Whimp!!! ... RRE FFB has to be 25... 30 is just too Much... Pcars2 30 works fine though.... Really Nice to have Constant Realistic wheel weight in corners it really helps smooth out your cornering line.

    But in other News if you read the RRE May update release Notes a Podium DD wheel profile has been created and will be implemented in the Next update... Also Good News for OSW users they will be creating a OSW specific profile in a few weeks... In a few FFB threads OSW users say they cant get Road Feel in RRE with them... I didn't understand this because the v2.5 put out really good Road feel but I was Not aware there was No Native OSW wheel profile... How exactly do you set the OSW wheels up??? I watched a few youtube vids on it but i think its more of a hands on thing to really know about it...Is it Not plug and play??? I thought the Granity software was just to tweek the wheel FFB to its max potential/Personal liking.

    @ Christiian Van Beilin I will test your tweek before the week is out and post My findings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20190515-214905_Samsung Internet.jpg  

    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 16-05-2019 at 02:26.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr


  5. #745
    GT3 Pilot morpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,651
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    RRE is shaping up even More!!! If you look at the sector3 podium thread the squabbles are beginning about what DD is better... Common POV bickering stuff... Let every 1 like what they like Simple thats probably another reason why most reviewers are staying away from the Fanatec DD review topic for Now.

    Side Note I'm a Whimp!!! ... RRE FFB has to be 25... 30 is just too Much... Pcars2 30 works fine though.... Really Nice to have Constant Realistic wheel weight in corners it really helps smooth out your cornering line.

    But in other News if you read the RRE May update release Notes a Podium DD wheel profile has been created and will be implemented in the Next update... Also Good News for OSW users they will be creating a OSW specific profile in a few weeks... In a few FFB threads OSW users say they cant get Road Feel in RRE with them... I didn't understand this because the v2.5 put out really good Road feel but I was Not aware there was No Native OSW wheel profile... How exactly do you set the OSW wheels up??? I watched a few youtube vids on it but i think its more of a hands on thing to really know about it...Is it Not plug and play??? I thought the Granity software was just to tweek the wheel FFB to its max potential/Personal liking.

    @ Christiian Van Beilin I will test your tweek before the week is out and post My findings.
    Turn down steering force some. My guess is you have it at 100. Its basically how strong the cornering forces get. Turn that down and you will be able to raise gain some. That was the key for me to get good ffb be in r3e because I just couldn't get it to feel balanced with it at 100. Road feel is there but its real easy to cover up what is there because its not as strong and pronounced as other sims because of the way the tracks are done. But if you look at some of the osw wheel profiles or any for that matter I understand why they wouldn't feel anything. Some of them have things almost maxed out then turn something almost off in the ffb settings. Some are just plain bizarre that they can even drive them. But to each their own I guess.

    Yes its plug and play. You just use custom wheel like in pcars. Depending on how old the video was it may be different. The software has changed a few times over the years. But the granity software now is just for the actual motor settings. Yes some do effect the ffb but for the most part you never touch those. The simucube software is where the ffb settings are and then yes its pretty much like any wheel. The new software for simucube 2 which some will go over to the old(lol) simucube software will have more settings. You will be able to control wheel speed,cornering force strength without effecting the ffb forces,etc. From what I understand you also wont have access to the granity part anymore which is probably a good thing. Thats great they are finally putting a profile in auto DOR will finally work. That's been the only downside to the old osw. Devs didn't want to make a profile for it because you could basically buy whatever motor,encoder,etc you wanted now that its a set kit with specific hardware they are jumping onboard.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog


  6. #746
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,952
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Turn down steering force some. My guess is you have it at 100. Its basically how strong the cornering forces get. Turn that down and you will be able to raise gain some. That was the key for me to get good ffb be in r3e because I just couldn't get it to feel balanced with it at 100. Road feel is there but its real easy to cover up what is there because its not as strong and pronounced as other sims because of the way the tracks are done. But if you look at some of the osw wheel profiles or any for that matter I understand why they wouldn't feel anything. Some of them have things almost maxed out then turn something almost off in the ffb settings. Some are just plain bizarre that they can even drive them. But to each their own I guess.

    Yes its plug and play. You just use custom wheel like in pcars. Depending on how old the video was it may be different. The software has changed a few times over the years. But the granity software now is just for the actual motor settings. Yes some do effect the ffb but for the most part you never touch those. The simucube software is where the ffb settings are and then yes its pretty much like any wheel. The new software for simucube 2 which some will go over to the old(lol) simucube software will have more settings. You will be able to control wheel speed,cornering force strength without effecting the ffb forces,etc. From what I understand you also wont have access to the granity part anymore which is probably a good thing. Thats great they are finally putting a profile in auto DOR will finally work. That's been the only downside to the old osw. Devs didn't want to make a profile for it because you could basically buy whatever motor,encoder,etc you wanted now that its a set kit with specific hardware they are jumping onboard.
    They didn't have DOR in game for Accuforce either it showed N/A but only changing a value to true in the steeringwheel.xml file sorted that does for OSW users as well but although that shows DOR in the game for AF and OSW only the AF works auto, OSW you have to set per car but at least you know what to set it to.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/Szdw3u3
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

  7. #747
    GT3 Pilot morpwr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    4,651
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    They didn't have DOR in game for Accuforce either it showed N/A but only changing a value to true in the steeringwheel.xml file sorted that does for OSW users as well but although that shows DOR in the game for AF and OSW only the AF works auto, OSW you have to set per car but at least you know what to set it to.
    I saw that in the forum. Having it working correctly would be nice though.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

  8. #748
    GT5 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,952
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    I saw that in the forum. Having it working correctly would be nice though.
    Yeah it was me lol.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/Szdw3u3
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr


  9. #749
    WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    2,097
    Platform
    PC
    UPDATE: Christiaan's Pure FFB v0.02

    So I went back and tested the bare base file with anti-jolt off this time. Somehow I felt the FFB became erratic as soon as there was compression/decompression of the front wheels. I added my part back in of the extra tyre forces and immediately the car's FFB settled down again. Weird.

    So to make life and comparison for you guys somewhat easier I changed the following from v0.01.

    Changelog:
    - IMPORTANT: Tone slider now doesn't balance between Fy (lateral force) and Mz (overturning moment), this has now been change to be a 0% to 200% slider (50 on the slider = 100% force) for both added forces My and Mx. Giving you control via tone to remove what I added by using Tone at 0, have it added at a normal level at Tone 50, or increasing the force until it's doubled with Tone 100.
    - FFB file is now based on the base generated custom file by the game. This means all other functions that were used are in, including tighten around center that was in by default.
    - Added onto the base the Mx (overturning moment of tyre) and My (rolling resistance moment) forces. Mx adds an overturning moment that actually counters Fy and makes car's that are sensitive to it feel better/tighter/stronger, like the Ferrari FXX-K. My force counters that erratic behavior under compression/decompression and counters to an extend both Fx (Traction Force/Longitudinal Force) and Fz (Vertical Load).
    - Changed the Soft lock behavior again to my 'improved one'. You can change back anytime as I left the old one in, by removing the # from the old line and put it in front of the new one.
    - Disabled Fx Smoothing
    - Disabled Anti-Jolt
    - FX slider works are normal, as all of this has been left in place. So add it to your heart's desire.

    My optimum settings in-game for on the CSWv2 were:
    Gain: 100 (reducing it resulted in weird behavior/feel)
    Volume: 50 (this is actually 100% with the ability to go either way)
    Tone: 50 (with added Mx and My)
    FX: 0 (personal preference... add as much as you like!)


    So download the latest below... you know the drill.


    Attached Files Attached Files
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v0.04): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1568849

    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

    Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Olijke Poffer


  10. #750
    GT4 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,765
    Platform
    PC
    Will test it for sure.. thanks
    Steam: Olijke Poffer CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, Fanatec Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake & TH8A Shifter| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Similar Threads

  1. A podium at Spa in the NSX
    By MrA2theK in forum Screenshots & Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2018, 12:23
  2. possible career series bug; game didn't save completed series
    By ywan18 in forum Technical Help & Support (XBOX1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-01-2018, 09:22
  3. Career Race Results Bug - Podium PopUp
    By Conath86 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-10-2017, 17:18
  4. 3 Skill Level Series (Series Link inside)
    By STaLLiOnO in forum XB1 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-05-2016, 21:04
  5. Blue Screen by using Fanatec GT3 RS Wheel & Fanatec Club Sport Pedals on PC
    By deClaude in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2016, 19:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •