Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Fanatec Podium Series

  1. #21
    GT4 Pilot Mascot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Posts
    2,137
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Could you define what would be a 'ridiculous price' for you?
    Hard to say without seeing the specs of the final unit but anything that's significantly pricier than an equivalent OSW would make it a difficult purchase for me. I've got no idea where Fanatec are going to pitch this though. Are they trying to get the Bodnar buyers or the Accuforce buyers, or somewhere in between? I'm hoping their bespoke motor (claimed to more appropriate and efficient than the overkill industrial OSW units) will keep the price reasonable and make it a very attractive proposition. A few years ago a plug 'n' play DD solution was a novelty, but now they are readily available from several sources, and OSW isn't the risky black art it once was. Fanatec can't use convenience alone as a USP to justify a high price.

    I'd like the lower model to be sub-1k with a BMW GT2 wheel bundled in. I think I'd be happy with that, but I think it'll be priced much higher, like 50% higher. If so, adios Fanatec, hola OSW.

    I guess I'm hoping that Fanatec want to compete directly with the Accuforce Pro v2, which is, what, $1,300 as a complete kit with steering wheel/button box.
    Last edited by Mascot; 04-06-2018 at 15:27.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, PS4 Pro in BEAST MODE, Fanatec CSR Elite, Formula rim, GT2, GT2/PWTS Frankenwheel, Clubsport pedals V1, CSR Elite pedals, CSR shifters, modified Porsche shifters, 2x 10.1" Galaxy Tabs & 2x wheel-mounted iPhone 5s all running pCARS Dash, Crew Chief through Ixos speakers, FM3 Playseat cockpit, Escort RS Turbo Recaro seat, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie
    The following user likes this Post: Andrew_WOT


  2. #22
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,545
    Platform
    PC
    Im thinking the Lower Model Base alone will be $1k with the Higher tier Base being between $1.5 to 2k .... So far i think its only 2 DD base tiers which will make the v 2.5 be the Entry Level High End Gear tier @ $500.

    I really wouldnt expect any wheel Base + Rim and or Pedal Bundle sets for under $1,500.

    Consider the price for a OSW wheel Base alone then Factor in the Price of the Wheel QR, Wheel Rim & Wheel Rim Button Box... it gets Very Pricey and you still have to be Connected to the PC from a USB Bungie cord and Hope the buttons and display work right.

    As Time Goes on the Prices will probably come down but i think at launch the people that will benefit most will be current Fanatec Gear owners because its just a matter of buying the wheel base.
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 04-06-2018 at 16:06.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  3. #23
    GT4 Pilot Mascot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Posts
    2,137
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    Im thinking the Lower Model Base alone will be $1k with the Higher tier Base being between $1.5 to 2k .... So far i think its only 2 DD base tiers which will make the v 2.5 be the Entry Level High End Gear tier @ $500.

    I really wouldnt expect any wheel Base + Rim and or Pedal Bundle sets for under $1,500.

    Consider the price for a OSW wheel Base alone then Factor in the Price of the Wheel QR, Wheel Rim & Wheel Rim Button Box... it gets Very Pricey and you still have to be Connected to the PC from a USB Bungie cord and Hope the buttons and display work right.

    As Time Goes on the Prices will probably come down but i think at launch the people that will benefit most will be current Fanatec Gear owners because its just a matter of buying the wheel base.
    A lower-priced early bird base/rim bundle for loyal Fanatec customers willing to take a chance on unproven hardware would be nice.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, PS4 Pro in BEAST MODE, Fanatec CSR Elite, Formula rim, GT2, GT2/PWTS Frankenwheel, Clubsport pedals V1, CSR Elite pedals, CSR shifters, modified Porsche shifters, 2x 10.1" Galaxy Tabs & 2x wheel-mounted iPhone 5s all running pCARS Dash, Crew Chief through Ixos speakers, FM3 Playseat cockpit, Escort RS Turbo Recaro seat, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie
    The following user likes this Post: RomKnight


  4. #24
    WMD Member RomKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lisbon
    Posts
    2,520
    Platform
    PC
    I have no time to race ATM and not sure I'll do in any foreseeable future. New job and all that.
    Still this thread keeps me interested because fanatec investment for me is also a good thing... Despite having only a couple of ours on my new McLaren wheel rim

    Anyway, podium series even the weaker one might be a huge step up from my cswv2 but again, so far is speculation on my part though I'm having good expectations and will probably buy one nonetheless unless some bad surprise comes out of reviews.

    Christiaan, im here at work but since I now know you're close, next time I'm either here or Frankfurt I'll make sure I'll let you know in advance even if only to drink a beer. Meeting other pcars fans is always a good thing IMO
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

    | CPU: i5 4670K@4.2GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: AsRock Z87 Extreme6
    | RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz CL10 | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL1150 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

    | Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

    | FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

    | Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds

  5. #25
    WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by RomKnight View Post
    I have no time to race ATM and not sure I'll do in any foreseeable future. New job and all that.
    Still this thread keeps me interested because fanatec investment for me is also a good thing... Despite having only a couple of ours on my new McLaren wheel rim

    Anyway, podium series even the weaker one might be a huge step up from my cswv2 but again, so far is speculation on my part though I'm having good expectations and will probably buy one nonetheless unless some bad surprise comes out of reviews.

    Christiaan, im here at work but since I now know you're close, next time I'm either here or Frankfurt I'll make sure I'll let you know in advance even if only to drink a beer. Meeting other pcars fans is always a good thing IMO
    I will look forward to it and hope our agendas will align by that time. Although I never drink and drive for obvious reasons.

    I am expecting a huge step up as well from my CSWv2. I really want to have the biggest one though so that there is more than enough headroom to play with. I just don't ever want to feel clipping again on a realistic level of torque from the steering wheel. Not even in high speed high downforce cornering moments.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

    Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

  6. #26
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,545
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascot View Post
    A lower-priced early bird base/rim bundle for loyal Fanatec customers willing to take a chance on unproven hardware would be nice.
    I dont think a Early Bird Major discount is going to happen... I would like that too!!! But Given the time and resources that had to be put into Fanatec DD developement it may take a bit before they decide to drop prices....Thomas has also been very stern on the fact that the v2.5 will Remain at its price point as the Entry High end equipment option and the Podium line will be priced accordingly... I have No insider info so dont quote Me but My best Guess is Lowest DD Base alone $999 to $1200 but will be stronger and faster than Accuforce... Higher DD wheel base alone $1,500 to $2,000 i don't think they will be going for Loe Bodnair DD Prices on the top of the line wheel because they will Not Sell but to a select few... for Me I'd spend the $1,500+ Tax but Not $2,000!!!

    Fanatec has always made their mark by providing Great Quality Sim Gear at Reasonable prices and i dont think that will Change...

    Fanatec by default should have the Leg up on Current Existing DD wheels... The Software alone is going to make a Huge Difference... The v2.5 like many DD wheels has 1000Htz refresh rate So even games that are Not optumized for the Fanatec DD should run Really Nice even just using v2.5 Dr/Fw until they get updated...

    The Equipment should be better because Fanatec said they designed the Motor and Electronics from scratch Specifically for Sim Racing the same as they did with the v2.5... I have a v2 its a Good wheel!!! I have a v2.5 and the feel is Great its sooo Much better that i will Never use My v2 again but i keep it for a back up wheel... Now if the Podium DD Feels better than the v2.5 i Might just lose My Mind, My Job, My Wife and My Kids are Grown so they can Piss off LOL I will be locked in My Man Kave Sim Racing sooo much that i'd have to remodel My house to put a bathroom in there!!! --> its bad enough I allready have a Fridge and Microwave So I may Never Come out!!! My poor electric Bill LOL
    Last edited by GrimeyDog; 04-06-2018 at 22:29.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

  7. #27
    WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Groningen
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I dont think a Early Bird Major discount is going to happen... I would like that too!!! But Given the time and resources that had to be put into Fanatec DD developement it may take a bit before they decide to drop prices....Thomas has also been very stern on the fact that the v2.5 will Remain at its price point as the Entry High end equipment option and the Podium line will be priced accordingly... I have No insider info so dont quote Me but My best Guess is Lowest DD Base alone $999 to $1200 but will be stronger and faster than Accuforce... Higher DD wheel base alone $1,500 to $2,000 i don't think they will be going for Loe Bodnair DD Prices on the top of the line wheel because they will Not Sell but to a select few... for Me I'd spend the $1,500+ Tax but Not $2,000!!!

    Fanatec has always made their mark by providing Great Quality Sim Gear at Reasonable prices and i dont think that will Change...

    Fanatec by default should have the Leg up on Current Existing DD wheels... The Software alone is going to make a Huge Difference... The v2.5 like many DD wheels has 1000Htz refresh rate So even games that are Not optumized for the Fanatec DD should run Really Nice even just using v2.5 Dr/Fw until they get updated...

    The Equipment should be better because Fanatec said they designed the Motor and Electronics from scratch Specifically for Sim Racing the same as they did with the v2.5... I have a v2 was a Great wheel!!! I have a v2.5 and the feel is sooo Much better that i will Never use My v2 again but i keep it for a back up wheel... Now if the Podium DD Feels better than the v2.5 i Might just lose My Mind, My Job, My Wife abd My Kids are Grown so they can Piss off LOL I will be locked in My Man Kave in Sim Racing sooo much that i'd have to remodel My house to put a bathroom in there!!! --> its bad enough I allready have a Fridge and Microwave So I may Never Come out!!! My poor electric Bill LOL
    I thought the V2.5 wasn't worth the upgrade over the V2 according to certain reviewers? I guess it's due to the refresh rate + smoother motor that doesn't induce as much drag (if any).

    Well, I'll only make one more jump if any to be honest. These wheels are quite expensive for my income anyways and as such it has to be a very considerable upgrade to make me decide to do an upgrade.

    Than again... I shouldn't complain for what I payed for my V2 and V1 bases way back. So the money saved can go to a DD unit for sure.
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

    Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

  8. #28
    GT3 Pilot GrimeyDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    GrimeyVille N.Y.
    Posts
    3,545
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I thought the V2.5 wasn't worth the upgrade over the V2 according to certain reviewers? I guess it's due to the refresh rate + smoother motor that doesn't induce as much drag (if any).

    Well, I'll only make one more jump if any to be honest. These wheels are quite expensive for my income anyways and as such it has to be a very considerable upgrade to make me decide to do an upgrade.

    Than again... I shouldn't complain for what I payed for my V2 and V1 bases way back. So the money saved can go to a DD unit for sure.
    The v 2.5 is and was definitely worth the upgrade!!! The increase in Subtle FFB feel that the 1000Htz drag free wheel center provides was and is a Game Changer!!! For Me the Difference is Night and Day... Some may say its Not that big of a difference but when you speak to those who Own both wheels v2 and v2.5 wheel bases i will bet No one is willing to go back to v2 after Owning a v2.5 ---> the v2 is either sold off or becomes a back up wheel. Even though the total FFB power of both wheels remains the same because the v2.5 has faster Smoother FFB ramp up it feels Stronger and Much more Dynamic.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti-OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift | Rig: RSeat N1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim, Astro A40 TR*, 2x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, Sankyo


Similar Threads

  1. A podium at Spa in the NSX
    By MrA2theK in forum Screenshots & Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-03-2018, 12:23
  2. possible career series bug; game didn't save completed series
    By ywan18 in forum Technical Help & Support (XBOX1)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-01-2018, 09:22
  3. Career Race Results Bug - Podium PopUp
    By Conath86 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-10-2017, 17:18
  4. 3 Skill Level Series (Series Link inside)
    By STaLLiOnO in forum XB1 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-05-2016, 21:04
  5. Blue Screen by using Fanatec GT3 RS Wheel & Fanatec Club Sport Pedals on PC
    By deClaude in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-05-2016, 19:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •