Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Major Stutters

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    I have done a cold restart, but it didn't help.
    I have moved the game to the internal hdd but that also didn't help.
    If someone does know anything more I could do?
    If there isn't a solution then I have to say goodbye to Project Cars 2 and hope the next update solves the issue.
    Patch 6 was released today. Let us know if that helped this (apparently local) issue?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have done a cold restart, but it didn't help.
    I have moved the game to the internal hdd but that also didn't help.
    If someone does know anything more I could do?
    If there isn't a solution then I have to say goodbye to Project Cars 2 and hope the next update solves the issue.
    People have reported odd things when an extra drive is plugged in, perhaps try with the extra drive unplugged.

I don't think the next update will affect this afaik it is not a widely reported issue, but a patch is just out so I will keeep my fingers crossed for you.

edit - sorry didn't see Sankyo's last when I posted.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 04-06-2018 at 10:24. Reason: ninjad
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

SMS Staff
    Platform
    PC
    Can you unplug your Xbox from the power for about a minute to clear the cache and see if that helps at all. Also how full is your hard drive as you say you're using an external as well.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks for the input guys.
    I have unplugged the Xbox for a minute, but it didn't help.
    I switched off the possibility that a game or app gets updated in the background, nope didn't work either.
    I pulled out the usb drive, did a whole reset of the console, but that didn't work either.
    I checked the internal hard drive (where the game is installed now) and it was 99.2% full.
    I work with the disc but I guess that can't be the problem right?
    It looks a bit like this (but mine goes on for longer)to, sadly no fix has been found yet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p2BPzS1jd8
    One other thing not related to this is that I want to congratulate the whole team ,from what I can see the patch 6 is a great step forward. So thanks for the hard work.

Platform
    PC
    I checked the internal hard drive (where the game is installed now) and it was 99.2% full.
    I work with the disc but I guess that can't be the problem right?
    I’m sure that this is your problem.

Every program needs using temp files, and with a 0,8% free space, this space will be fragmented over the disc. Probably your game files are also very fragmented, and that slows your system. You need free space and defrag your disc (I don’t know how do it in xbox).
    Last edited by Asturbo; 05-06-2018 at 07:13.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia GTX 1080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung 951 PCI 250GB | Monitor: Asus VG248 144Hz | Wheel: Fanatec CSL | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Maskmagog, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok tomorrow I shall shove a couple of games to the external hard drive.
    I will keep you all informed
    The following 2 users likes this Post: OddTimer, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Well here is the next report.
    I have moved a couple of big games of the internal hard drive and it is now about 60% full.
    I then unplugged the console and left it out for a couple of minutes. To start from a clean slate.
    I tried again but it sadly didn't help, the issue stays excatly the same.
    The weird thing like I already said that I also have the issue on Project Cars but not on Forza motorsport 5.
    Don't know what the difference could be.
    If anyone still has any idea then he is welcome to say.
    It looks that it is a sort of xbox problem and not necessary the game problem.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Well here is the next report.
    I have moved a couple of big games of the internal hard drive and it is now about 60% full.
    I then unplugged the console and left it out for a couple of minutes. To start from a clean slate.
    I tried again but it sadly didn't help, the issue stays excatly the same.
    The weird thing like I already said that I also have the issue on Project Cars but not on Forza motorsport 5.
    Don't know what the difference could be.
    If anyone still has any idea then he is welcome to say.
    It looks that it is a sort of xbox problem and not necessary the game problem.
    Try clearing system cache.
    FOR SALE: Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Wheel w/pedals. PM me for info

SMS Staff
    Platform
    PC
    Is this only happening with Time Trial or is it affecting other game modes?

Can you try the following to see if it's an issue with your save:

1. Disconnect from the internet and remove the external storage.
    2. Delete your save from the console. (This is why we disconnected, so you don't accidentally remove your cloud save.)
    3. Launch the game Offline with a new save and see if it fixes the issue.

If it has fixed it, quit the game and delete your new offline save. Then reconnect, boot the game and download the cloud save and see if you're still getting the issue. If the issue comes back with your save then you may have a corrupt save somehow. If you can grab as much info about your progress as possible it will help us try and repro, and if you can remember what was the last thing you did before the issue started.

If it hasn't fixed it at #3, reinstall the game now you have cleared some space and try again offline (assuming it's all game modes, not just TT).
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    First thanks for the help.
    The stutter was affecting all game modes it even was in the intro if you let it play (maybe that will tell something)
    I have done step 1,2,3 and I had launched the game offline with a new save and the stutters were gone.
    I then reconnected internet (18ms ping, 91.9Mbps download speed, 11.6Mbps upload speed) started the game and let the cloud save load.
    Sadly the issues came back immediately after starting again(I think they were less frequent but that's difficult to say).
    Don't pin me on it but the last thing I did was I bought Gold for playing time trial. But I cannot say it immediately started thereafter.
    If you need more information I will try to give it to you.