Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Major Stutters

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    First thanks for the help.
    The stutter was affecting all game modes it even was in the intro if you let it play (maybe that will tell something)
    I have done step 1,2,3 and I had launched the game offline with a new save and the stutters were gone.
    I then reconnected internet (18ms ping, 91.9Mbps download speed, 11.6Mbps upload speed) started the game and let the cloud save load.
    Sadly the issues came back immediately after starting again(I think they were less frequent but that's difficult to say).
    Don't pin me on it but the last thing I did was I bought Gold for playing time trial. But I cannot say it immediately started thereafter.
    If you need more information I will try to give it to you.
    Ok so Offline with new save, it does not stutter. Online with old save, it stutters.

So is the issue your internet connection or your save?

I can tell you this, I had a few issues some patches back around Patch 2 or 3. I deleted my save and everything got fixed. If you are not married to your save. Try deleting it from the system and cloud. You will have to start from scratch though.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yes that is correct on your first point.
    Difficult to say if it is the internet connection. The connection hasn't changed (and I didn't had stutters before), so I think it leads me more to the save then.
    I shall write up my controller settings etc. and start with a new save.
    If someone from SMS reads this, would you recommend that I start with a new save and delete also the cloud save?
    Thank you Juiced for thinking with me.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Difficult to say if it is the internet connection. The connection hasn't changed (and I didn't had stutters before), so I think it leads me more to the save then.
    If someone from SMS reads this, would you recommend that I start with a new save and delete also the cloud save?
    Not a problem. Like I said, it cured a couple of my issues. I cannot guarantee that it will work, but like I said, if you do not mind losing everything. Its worth a try.

If you delete just the save on the console and not the cloud. Its not going to matter. You have to delete the cloud save as that is most likely the corrupt one.

Also going forward, I tell everyone this and this has led me to be pretty trouble free in all games. DO NOT use Instant on for the console. Use power save. Instant on causes glitchy things to happen and also funky stuff with NAT connection issues. Also, when you are done playing a game (not just Pcars) Exit to the dashboard. Press the menu button and QUIT the game. Wait 30-60 secs then shut the console down. Remember the cloud save runs in the background. If you just shut down mid game, it may be corrupting the save if the save did not fully upload etc. then something happens in the interim. I.E. Cloud save did not fully go through, next time you try to boot the game, the game gets an update. This can cause things to get screwed up....
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bliman, ShneebnaMRR108

SMS Staff
    Platform
    PC
    Does your old save and playing offline fix the problem as well? This would say if it's save or network related.

If playing offline with the old save doesn't save it, it does look like the only option is to delete your save. Can you post up as much information as possible about your progress with the broken save. This will let us try and recreate your save here and hopefully find the issue.
    The following user likes this Post: Bliman

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Today I disconnected from the internet and started to play with the old save intact (so the save I have been using all the time that was uploaded from the cloud again), external hdd still off.
    I had no trouble and there were no stutters.
    I then connected with internet and started again and I had stutters.
    So it seems that it is related with the network or internet.
    If I can give you more information then I will try to give it to you.
    For now I have not deleted the save (cloud and hdd) because by the test above it looks like a network or internet issue or something the game wants to update from the internet when the game is running.
    Waiting for further instructions

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Today I disconnected from the internet and started to play with the old save intact (so the save I have been using all the time that was uploaded from the cloud again), external hdd still off.
    I had no trouble and there were no stutters.
    I then connected with internet and started again and I had stutters.
    So it seems that it is related with the network or internet.
    If I can give you more information then I will try to give it to you.
    For now I have not deleted the save (cloud and hdd) because by the test above it looks like a network or internet issue or something the game wants to update from the internet when the game is running.
    Waiting for further instructions
    If you loaded the offline save its not the cloud save. Are you sure it was the identical progress in the game and settings?

Try this.Load the game online, save a car setup to something you will remember. Quit the game. Wait a min or so to let the cloud save upload. Reboot the system OFFLINE. Load the game and see if that car setup is still in there.

It still can be the save as the console file may be ok but the cloud file may be corrupted as well.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Ok I shall try that tomorrow.
    Thx

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Ok I shall try that tomorrow.
    Thx
    Also, I was just thinking to myself. Do you have any good friends that play this game and have no problems?

If so, see if they will let you use their Login on your machine quick. Sign in to their account. It will load their cloud save and see if its better

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Sorry for the late update. Didn't have the time to test anything.
    Today I did.
    I chose a car when I was connected to the internet, changed the setup and saved it.
    Then I closed the game and disconnected from the internet.
    Started the game again and the setup was saved in the offline save.
    I started driving without internet connection and everything was fine.
    I then closed the game, connected back to the internet and started the game.
    And chose same track and car and the stutters were there again.
    Sadly I don't have a friend that has the game that I can go to to test.
    I don't know what else I can do, it has ruined many laps of time trial.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Sorry for the late update. Didn't have the time to test anything.
    Today I did.
    I chose a car when I was connected to the internet, changed the setup and saved it.
    Then I closed the game and disconnected from the internet.
    Started the game again and the setup was saved in the offline save.
    I started driving without internet connection and everything was fine.
    I then closed the game, connected back to the internet and started the game.
    And chose same track and car and the stutters were there again.
    Sadly I don't have a friend that has the game that I can go to to test.
    I don't know what else I can do, it has ruined many laps of time trial.
    I guess the only option now is if you are willing to delete the cloud save. I doubt it is network related, especially if its happening in the intro screen.